Festival of Fights the Second

Comments

• Rosraf
    Rosraf Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    And for what it's worth, it is about 90% Apocalypses at the top. 
  • Rosraf
    I like this event, however stun's should be allow even if it's a max amount of like two turns. It's kinda key for some characters.

Yeah. In PvP, stun characters balance out a bit because they are usually squishy and lack a real nuke. So even if they can stun lock and win, it is slow and get hit a lot. 
  • Rosraf
    Also, PX5 is even more dangerous in this event because no teamup tiles means match-4s are even more likely. 
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    yeah, if you could go ahead and never run this during a season again, that'd be great...
  • Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    The scores in this PvP are absolutely crazy. Reached 1,200 points for the first time in my PvP history and I'm only on 65th place right now (still shielded) with more than an hour remaining. The time to win a match is drastically decreased because you only have to down one opponent. So there are faster shield hops possible without getting hit. I like it and am happy about the 15 CP:-)
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2021
    You must be in slice 1, 3 or 4. Competition are heavy there. 
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Ares76 said:
    The scores in this PvP are absolutely crazy. Reached 1,200 points for the first time in my PvP history and I'm only on 65th place right now (still shielded) with more than an hour remaining. The time to win a match is drastically decreased because you only have to down one opponent. So there are faster shield hops possible without getting hit. I like it and am happy about the 15 CP:-)

In 1.10.1 it took 1600 points to crack t25. Amazing.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,230 Chairperson of the Boards
    helix72 said:
    Ares76 said:

In 1.10.1 it took 1600 points to crack t25. Amazing.
    I loved this pvp. Got 4th place with a score of 1407, highest I've scored in pvp before. Apacolypse was so fast I was able to do double or even triple fights in about a minute on hops.  Boost Y/R ap, boost all ap, make a yellow match,  make a red match,  victory. 
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    And there was me thinking the fields were very light on teamup tiles. Try no teamup tiles, which I figured out a bit too late using Okoye  >:)
  • HoundofShadow
    In this year Festival of Fights PvP, once you hit the top, it's 70% Apocalypse, 20% BRB, 8% Jessica Jones and 2% others.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Even with 6 possible colors instead of 7 ( increasing average color appearance from 9 to 11 per board) Prof5 is still an easy target 85% of the time . Granted I’ve been one punched by him a few times by multi cascade , but Usually Apoc takes him down in 7 to 8 moves on an average board 
  • Dogface
    I didn't like this event. It's probably been said in this thread, but it takes the puzzle out of puzzle quest. 
  • Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Dogface said:
    I didn't like this event. It's probably been said in this thread, but it takes the puzzle out of puzzle quest. 

Genuinely curious. What puzzle might that be?
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2021
    As someone with only 1 5* champ with Kitty this event blows.  All I saw we're 5* opponents.  Give me more reasons not to spend money on this game.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    MrPlow said:
    As someone with only 1 5* champ with Kitty this event blows.  All I saw we're 5* opponents.  Give me more reasons not to spend money on this game.
    Confuscius say , Boy who live by the meta will die by the meta
  • HoundofShadow
    It's only one event that happens once per year. If this reason is enough make one not spent, maybe they should claw back all those shards given out.  :D
  • HoundofShadow
    If players were to stop spending just because of one event that happens once per year and disregard all the good stuffs and new features that were released, then a lot of game developers will be in trouble. They might be wondering, why be nice when all good stuffs are easily cancelled out because of one event? I'm sure he's gotten some shards to cover other meta 5*.

Besides him, players in 2* and 3* land are facing similar things: lots of 1-3 cover 5* at level 270 at the top.

If Festival of Fights runs again this year, I'm sure he won't have any trouble unless he choose to cap his max covered 5* and remains in single champed 5* mmr.

• Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 723 Critical Contributor
    MrPlow said:
    Confuscius say , Boy who live by the meta will die by the meta

Those who live by off-the meta still I die by the meta.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,386 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2021
    I would bet a lot of players ran through a larger portion of their roster in this event than normal, but MMR being what it is, all we all queues up were their strongest used character which in my case is Profe$$or X. Doesn’t mean I was riding him that hard, just that I used him and he became my defensive team to anyone who wasn’t hitting a retal. I know I used all 23 of my 5* champs at least once, even iHulk just to see if I could (it was close but I won two matches with him).
  • Dogface
    Wonder if someone ran Polaris. Not so OP on her own.