Festival of Fights the Second

Comments

• Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have been using 5* Deadpool.  His black is wicked on a one vs. one and super cheap.  His red isn't bad too and finally his blue passive is even more effective imo on 1 v 1 unless the opposing characters top power is passive, which isn't as common.  
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    jp1 said:
    Glockoma said:
    Heimdall is underrated in this event. 

I will try others.

LumberCap is great special mention.
    Took a couple Ls from your Heimdall. I have one of my own, but I haven’t figured out how to use him as effectively apparently.
    He's just a meatshield right now. I tried him too and barely won my match.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,386 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2020
    The trick with Heimdall is to use his fortifications to double your AP per match I think. I have mine set to 4/5/4 to make it easier to fire off red while still getting a bit more damage resistance.
  • shardwick
    The trick with Heimdall is to use his fortifications to double your AP per match I think. I have mine set to 4/5/4 to make it easier to fire off red while still getting a bit more damage resistance.
    Ok I tried that and I'm having more success although those teams were against Doc Ock and Peter Parker so those were pretty much gonna be easy wins anyway.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited December 2020
    I was taking on “real” characters like Profe$$or X and Apocalypse, it worked pretty well so long as the cascades landed in my favor. I was trying to balance fortifying enough red to make firing it trivial with spreading the love around so it did big damage. It stinks that his yellow is a dead color, being able to throw your bros up for more AP is pretty helpful in a regular event.
  • shardwick
    I'm officially done fighting Prof X in this pvp. I make a match and then he hits a big cascade so I went from 72k full health down to 30k after only two turns. This is ridiculous.
  • Colicovision
    Colicovision Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    I hate it. Hate it.

I only have 1 5* champ...Okoye. Hasn't been a problem til now. 

But now she's neutered, and counts toward my mmr. A big new years middle finger to you too D3.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wish I had a champed 5* Prof X. I'm sure this old 5* has a strong deterrent due to how common the AI Prof X's cascades can be. Are people going for 75 wins?
  • Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Love this event, and events like it. Seeing a lot of the well designed but not synergistic characters finally getting the spotlight.
    I want to see more events like this and Evergreen.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I’m going for 75, I can’t hang on to points.

I like it too, but the Stun Lockout and No Teamups means that Iceman, an otherwise much better than average solo 5* is the LVP for sure.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,081 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’ve hit 1000 relatively easily with Apoc and a couple shield hops. I could see this being a frustrating event though if you don’t have a strong solo. So far my only losses have been to...

Heimdall (glockoma both times one was a retal) no problem when AI is running him.

Jessica - Lucky cascade into two traps and enough red to fire off and finish me.

Doom - Not a loss but a few close calls when he gathers enough black and I get a **** board.

ProfX - Eating health packs after every battle with him but he is too squishy for me to take an L. His damage mitigation is important with that low health pool.
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    I like this event, however stun's should be allow even if it's a max amount of like two turns. It's kinda key for some characters.

Also a easy way to mix things up a bit is taking out team up tiles like that did for this event every once and awhile for pvp or having special pvp events that "give you a temporary boost of health at the start of the match etc etc...

pvp (and pve) could be way more varied if they wanted, without having to nerf a single character.

• PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2020
    I'm having a blast with this event - I think it's probably the most fun in a PvP I've had since the last combined arms. It probably helps that I am still in 4-star land. I only have two fully covered 5* (Kitty and JJ, neither champed), and it has made me cackle at what an effective Karnak killer Kitty is. I've been Karnak-hunting with her, and she'll take him out with the second circuit break on his protect tile. I've been bouncing between using Kitty, Medusa, Juggernaut, Karnak, 4* Carol for the most part. I might give X-23, Nova, and Cloak & Dagger a whirl as well. 
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    BRB is great 1V1 and a surprise is 5* Deadpool.  With high match damage 5pool black will do big damage. Doom can also be good with true healing.

Apoc is also good 1V1 as he can one shot most 5*

Bad choices will be IHulk he will kill himself.  Onslaught no TU tiles to destroy. Iceman no stuns allowed
  • Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 555 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2020
    jp1 said:
    Glockoma said:

I will try others.

Took a couple Ls from your Heimdall. I have one of my own, but I haven’t figured out how to use him as effectively apparently.

shardwick said:
    Glockoma said:

I will try others.

How are you using Heimdall? 
    Good ole Fashioned damage reduction. 4/4/5

Pretty stout at 33% DR, collect blues and reds, and focus all my fortified tiles on red. Swipe away at 3ap Red 
  • Kross
    Kross Posts: 92 Match Maker
    I used BRB to get to 1000 pts and I only lost twice. Once to a Apoc who was able to get his yellow and then red right after, and once to a Prof X who got more 4 matches from one cascade I have ever seen.
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 488 Mover and Shaker
    Bobdvol said:
    I love this event.  Would love to see a combined arms type of it also. I think that is the name of it??? Where everyone is equal.. If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will correct me. I'm guessing Thor would dominate, or maybe the Professor. I really hope devs do this someday. 
    I vaguely remember a 2v2 event along the lines of Best Friends or BFF.
  • Rosraf
    Rosraf Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    shardwick said:
    I'm officially done fighting Prof X in this pvp. I make a match and then he hits a big cascade so I went from 72k full health down to 30k after only two turns. This is ridiculous.
    Yeah, it REALLY seems like AI cascades increased about 7-10 days ago.  
  • Rosraf
    Bobdvol said:
    I love this event.  Would love to see a combined arms type of it also. I think that is the name of it??? Where everyone is equal.. If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will correct me. I'm guessing Thor would dominate, or maybe the Professor. I really hope devs do this someday. 
    "Balance of Power" is the PVP event where everyone is scaled up to the same level.  Players have always had a love-hate relationship with BoP 
  • Rosraf
    OMD will probably walk on Carbage, but not too many others. 

Onslaught is great at 5/3/5 - go invisible and create cascades all day on blue. If somebody is using a special tile maker all the better.

OMD matches up pretty well with BRB.  OMD can take out the shields.