polaris quest

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2020
    Sabretooth and Polaris chew them up easily and I flew to 2000 in Simulator easily.  Matches finish quickly too (45 secs to 60 secs). That's the plus point of fighting against Polaris teams.

For Polaris/BRB, mirror team and Medusa should make this an easy victory. Polaris is even popular in 2* land. 

Let's see if Throg will help bring some variety.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,769 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'll have to try that, @HoundofShadow.  

I've been fighting those teams with the winfinite, BRB/Polaris/Th4nos.  Been working very well for me... a little slow, though.  

The nice thing is that the winfinite invites retals, so easy points to clap back at.  :)
  • HoundofShadow
    You are in 5* land, so you might want to throw in Kitty with Polaris/Sabretooth. It will invite retal but if you are hitting 1800 points and need a quick burst to hit 2000, they could work.

For BRB/Polaris/Kitty, you have to try other team composition. Maybe Kitty, IHulk and Okoye? 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,088 Chairperson of the Boards
    MegaBee said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    For some reason Adam Warlock's PvP only seems mostly clogged up with her and her usual suspect partners but SHIELD Sim, good lord, I don't think I have fought a team for several days that did not have her on it and I still have roughly 600 points to go. Variety is the spice of life! 
    Kitty, BRB, Polaris. Lather, rinse, repeat.
    Yeah I know. It is just very boring to do. I wish they had a rotating boost list in SS too like regular PvP, might provide the occasional distraction.
  • DAZ0273
    Sorry guys - I am not having trouble winning, I am just having trouble caring about winning!
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,230 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2020
    Polares said:
    I can’t understand how after the Bishop fiasco Devs decided to create a 4 as broken as Polaris. It says a lot when most 5 players use her instead of using their 5 chars, in PvE, PvP, etc.
    I'm a five star player and it is definitely not my experience that most 5 star players use polaris over their 5 stars.  The only time I see her used by a 5 star player in pvp is the occasional player who has kitty or brb as their only 5 star champ and use polaris with them, and those players get beat up quickly by all the Hulkoye teams dominating 5 star pvp.

For pve Hulkoye is still the fastest but kitty, rocket, polaris can work too and brb, 4 thanos, and polaris can winfinite difficult challenge nodes.
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    DAZ0273 said:
    For some reason Adam Warlock's PvP only seems mostly clogged up with her and her usual suspect partners but SHIELD Sim, good lord, I don't think I have fought a team for several days that did not have her on it and I still have roughly 600 points to go. Variety is the spice of life!
    It does make me wonder why we put so much emphasis on SHIELD Sim - this one has a Limited cover so I guess there is that but slogging through it in a never ending world of Polaris shaped sameness has started to feel a bit like masochism.

I am absolutely flabbergasted why people run literally nothing but Polaris/GRocket or Polaris/BRB in Sim.
    Sim for the most part - except for the last couple days and the last beeline to 2k - has zero time pressure. It's what people always say they want to be able to indulge in variety. And then this. Like, I get it in PvE and I get it in pvp events, but why Shield Sim 2 weeks before the end?! It's so boring when Shield Sim is usually a very enjoyable place for me, which makes me super sad.
  • DAZ0273
    A LOT of people!
  • AlexR
    OJSP said:
    AlexR said:
    I am absolutely flabbergasted why people run literally nothing but Polaris/GRocket or Polaris/BRB in Sim. 
    It’s usually about being able to play fast, spending less health packs and float longer.  I could use other teams as my defensive team to invite hits and farm retals, but I’d end up having to play more to get the points back. I guess a lot of people feel something similar.
    Sure, when you're around 1500 to 2k points, yeah.
    But under 1k points in Sim you really don't need defensive teams. You float just by existing. In 4* land, at least. Which is really what I'm frustrated about: If I only ran into the ocean of Polaris meta at around 1200+ and up, no problem. That's what used to happen. 
    But I'm already seeing so much Polaris meta at less than 1k points where you really don't need defense, and it's Sim at 2 weeks before the end so you also don't need speed.
    Sometimes it feels like people just forgot that other characters exist and are running on autopilot. 
  • DAZ0273
    I think I ran out of non Polaris shaped opponents somewhere a bit north of 600 points or so and it has been nothing else since and we have what, 13 days to go? I mean seriously the variation is Polaris + one of Kitty/BRB/Juggernaut/R4G. That is it. Not even an iHulk or a Thorkoye. My MMR skews to champed 5* (normally single champed 5*, I have high in the 390's unchamped 5's) so I guess maybe everybody spent their milestone shards on Kitty & Polaris and then decided to park those teams in SS. I had been having fun playing with my 4/4/4 waiting to be champed Apocalypse and various teams but then I figured sod it and have now joined the problem.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    MegaBee said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Kitty, BRB, Polaris. Lather, rinse, repeat.
    Yeah I know. It is just very boring to do. I wish they had a rotating boost list in SS too like regular PvP, might provide the occasional distraction.
    Oh, that wasn't a suggestion. That was me commiserating!
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,769 Chairperson of the Boards
    I see 1 of 3 types of teams in Sim, so I have 3 answers.

Hulkoye -- so I use ProfX/Onslaught/Nightcrawler (can still lose easily, if I don't get blue/purple to shape the board my way quickly)
    Kitty/Brb/Polaris -- winfinite beats it, with careful blue/green/match my own protect plays.
    Prof/Onslaught -- Kitty/Polaris/Rocket easily crushes this.

It's kinda rock/paper/scissor-y.  :)  
  • Hellblazer666
    Hellblazer666 Posts: 171 Tile Toppler
    PVP is now Polaris vs Player Event its nothing but Polaris teams and its annoying and really boring. Grocklaris  Medusa and Polaris Polaris and BRB etc. I dare the devs to do a PVP where Polaris is locked.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    PVP is now Polaris vs Player Event its nothing but Polaris teams and its annoying and really boring. Grocklaris  Medusa and Polaris Polaris and BRB etc. I dare the devs to do a PVP where Polaris is locked.
    They could lock out the most popular characters in the meta and let us go at it. I'd play it!
  • DAZ0273
    That would be a lot of fun. 
  • HoundofShadow
    Imagine all these characters get locked out in PvP:

3*: Dr Strange, Iron Fist, IM40

4*: Polaris, R4G, America Chavez, Karnak, Juggernaut, Medusa, Peggy Carter, Vulture

5*: Apocalypse, BRB, Carbage, Kitty Pryde, Okoye, Prof $, Thanos, Immortal Hulk

• AlexR
    Imagine all these characters get locked out in PvP:

3*: Dr Strange, Iron Fist, IM40

4*: Polaris, R4G, America Chavez, Karnak, Juggernaut, Medusa, Peggy Carter, Vulture

5*: Apocalypse, BRB, Carbage, Kitty Pryde, Okoye, Prof $, Thanos, Immortal Hulk

The only ones I'd allow from that 3/4* list are IM40 and Vulture. Low tier characters really significantly benefit from being run with batteries (since often one of their flaws is that they're too slow), so IM40 and Vulture can actually help diversity. Instead, I'd nominate 3* Mags and C4rol respectively in their place.
    The rest though would be really refreshing to get locked out for an event or two, just to spice things up.
  • HoundofShadow
    Talking about battery, add 5* Thor to that list. How is 3* Magneto a problem? 
  • AlexR
    Talking about battery, add 5* Thor to that list. How is 3* Magneto a problem? 

Beside IF, he's one of the most damaging 3* - his blue can do like 7k in 3* land, and you're susceptible to massive AI cascades on both red/blue so I've seen that one-shot a non-boosted 3*. He's also run very frequently, from what I remember. (It's been a while since I was in 3* land myself, but considering 3* land didn't change in any way, don't think that mattes.) 
    So if we're gonna lock out 3* IF for being top tier, and I'm switching IM40 with another 3*  highly used scary pvp character, then 3* Mags was the first that came to mind for me.
  • DAZ0273
    Do we no longer consider C4rol meta? I think she might pop up quite a bit in our hypothetical PvP.