polaris quest

Kozah
Kozah Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
polaris quest

Comments

• PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,769 Chairperson of the Boards

yes.  Yes it is.  ...my time per day for PvE thanks her for it too.  Much like how many players thanked Okoye or Kitty.

Is this the shrine to show our affection for her?  :)
  • Kozah
    Kozah Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    still polaris quest lol
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    AS a 4* player, I see so many Polaris teams in PVP. However, I enjoy using Sabretooth and Polaris vs other player Polaris and 4* Rocket&Groot,
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 631 Critical Contributor
    Yeah Polaris is pretty terrible on defense. So I tend to hunt the Polaris teams, much better than Okoye/iHulk or Kitty/BRB teams.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    We could have Magneto Polaris Quest instead. Too bad, the dev missed the boat.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    She really does help a lot on offense in Simulator. Saves on health packs big time. But you get all the retals, too.
  • grumbLEGO
    grumbLEGO Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    She’s been wonderful for this boss event, using my usual pairing with gritty for Ultron and then her and BRB on the nodes to turn all the special tiles drones produce against them. 
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    wingX said:
    AS a 4* player, I see so many Polaris teams in PVP. However, I enjoy using Sabretooth and Polaris vs other player Polaris and 4* Rocket&Groot,

Definitely, Sabretooth munches on Polaris/GRocket teams all day, every day. And in Sim, Polaris/GRocket/Juggs is hard-countered by Sabretooth/Quake.
    I'm kinda torn; it is very easy to beat, which is nice in a meta team. However, seeing nothing but Polaris/GRocket/Juggs-or-Kitty in Sim from almost 1k points on is extremely boring. You let Sabretooth munch on half a dozen, but the sea of them is endless. Sure, the team is fast, but it's Sim! It's there for three weaks, you can use some other characters in there too, people!
    The weirdest thing is that my counter team (Sabretooth/Quake/Rogue) gets defensive wins regularly. As if they were trying to hit me back with their Polaris/Grocket, which is mindboggling.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,386 Chairperson of the Boards
    AlexR said:
    wingX said:
    The weirdest thing is that my counter team (Sabretooth/Quake/Rogue) gets defensive wins regularly. As if they were trying to hit me back with their Polaris/Grocket, which is mindboggling.
    I wonder if people have kind of forgotten about the defensive benefits of Rogue after 2 years of leaning so hard on Bishop? There was a minute or so after she came out where she was pretty serious in Simulator defensively, and her green will melt faces if you let her pick up that AP.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,769 Chairperson of the Boards
    Valid points.  I think people forgot about other defensive options since Hammercap and Bishop got banned into submission.  Rogue and Thing come to mind... 4* DP too.   Quake and/or Nightcrawler (against 4* Juggs).

And, dare I say, you could just let them have the tiles, and maybe run Okoye/Apoc with Kraven and Th4nos/Venom(Brock)/etc.  Basically, make the most outta them having a bunch of tiles.

Sure, it might hurt for a turn or two... but that's exactly how we have to combat the Hulkoye teams too.  sigh.
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    AlexR said:
    wingX said:

Definitely, Sabretooth munches on Polaris/GRocket teams all day, every day. And in Sim, Polaris/GRocket/Juggs is hard-countered by Sabretooth/Quake.
    I'm kinda torn; it is very easy to beat, which is nice in a meta team. However, seeing nothing but Polaris/GRocket/Juggs-or-Kitty in Sim from almost 1k points on is extremely boring. You let Sabretooth munch on half a dozen, but the sea of them is endless. Sure, the team is fast, but it's Sim! It's there for three weaks, you can use some other characters in there too, people!

Even though I enjoy using Sabretooth and Polaris vs other player Polaris and 4*GRocket, it does get quite boring after sometimes. But anyone has any good team that can use against Sabretooth and Polaris? Maybe using your own Sabretooth and Polaris?
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2020
    wingX said:

Even though I enjoy using Sabretooth and Polaris vs other player Polaris and 4*GRocket, it does get quite boring after sometimes. But anyone has any good team that can use against Sabretooth and Polaris? Maybe using your own Sabretooth and Polaris?

If Polaris is paired with GRocket, you can *always* use Sabretooth as a solid counter, no matter what else is on the opponent's team. You really don't need your own Polaris for it; just deny red and let your Sabretooth kill their team.
    If GRocket or another passive tile producer like Carnage isn't on the opposing team, then it gets even easier: You can just ignore Polaris. She isn't very threatening without tiles. Bring a stunner if you're afraid of Sabretooth's red, otherwise use literally whatever team you want as long as your team does not make special tiles for enemySabretooth to kill you.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,386 Chairperson of the Boards
    Seems like some Wiccan based team might be fun against Polaris. I could see Mr F or Medusa being fun, or maybe Th4nos to remove some of their tiles and turn them green.

3* Hawkeye likes munching on enemy specials and turning them into blue and purple AP; MAYBE that would work okay with like a Prowler? Maybe more likely with Spider-Gwen like the old Gambattery team?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    There are a couple of solid options like America Chavez and Karnak. You can tag Chavez with 5* characters, Ghost, Karnak or Juggernaut (He will still take full damage from passive power though). By turn 4, Polaris should be downed.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,088 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polaris is squishy. I would rather fight her than Juggernaut. Even Karnak only needs a cascade when he finds the flaw. Polaris is very manageable in my experience in comparison.
  • DAZ0273
    Whilst I am standing by the above comment, geez she is starting to become a bit tedious now. It would be nice to fight somebody else!
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can’t understand how after the Bishop fiasco Devs decided to create a 4 as broken as Polaris. It says a lot when most 5 players use her instead of using their 5 chars, in PvE, PvP, etc.
  • DAZ0273
    For some reason Adam Warlock's PvP only seems mostly clogged up with her and her usual suspect partners but SHIELD Sim, good lord, I don't think I have fought a team for several days that did not have her on it and I still have roughly 600 points to go. Variety is the spice of life!
    It does make me wonder why we put so much emphasis on SHIELD Sim - this one has a Limited cover so I guess there is that but slogging through it in a never ending world of Polaris shaped sameness has started to feel a bit like masochism.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    For some reason Adam Warlock's PvP only seems mostly clogged up with her and her usual suspect partners but SHIELD Sim, good lord, I don't think I have fought a team for several days that did not have her on it and I still have roughly 600 points to go. Variety is the spice of life! 
    Kitty, BRB, Polaris. Lather, rinse, repeat.