**** Polaris (Lorna Dane) ****

Comments

• jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    DeNappa said:
    She seems pretty OP, I wonder how long it will take for people to call for a nerf.
    Probably as soon as she is champed in the wild, unfortunately. She is super fun to use and we can’t have that...

Maybe since she is a little less of a defensive threat she will still blow by under Bishop and Worthy. I am going to hate facing her when she is pumped up to 650 in SCL 10 though.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2020
    jp1 said:
    DeNappa said:
    She seems pretty OP, I wonder how long it will take for people to call for a nerf.
    Probably as soon as she is champed in the wild, unfortunately. She is super fun to use and we can’t have that...

Maybe since she is a little less of a defensive threat she will still blow by under Bishop and Worthy. I am going to hate facing her when she is pumped up to 650 in SCL 10 though.

She will be a minor annoyance in PVP on defense, like medusa, because of her unavoidable damage.  But I don't think she can scale high enough be an actual threat to 5* rosters without a damage booster like Okoye/Apoc.  She will be a very good partner for Apoc for those transitioners with just a couple of meta 5*s.  I don't think she will shake up the existing pvp meta too much for 5* players, though she instantly becomes a high priority character for newer players as she should be in the 4* meta mix).  Whenever she does make it into a cl10 challenge node, it will be a pain (maybe just behind carnage, gritty, and IH, somewhere in the JJ/Prof X range).
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    MrPlow said:
    I'm going to favorite her as soon as I'm able to.
    I’ll have her champed before that happens most likely , she’ll be 8/13 covered later today. Even half champed she’s better than 90% of other 4*
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,291 Chairperson of the Boards
    Winfinite team: Polaris, BRB, 5 CM. 

Well. Bishop stops it. And she’s vulnerable to Apocalypse. 
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,722 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:

Im trying to see why 5* Captain Marvel makes this team 'winfinite'.  Generate 2 yellow when a friendly strike is destroyed by any means other than matching.  The only yellow user on this team is CM herself.  This means she'd be using it to pop a teammate into the air for healing and some damage after 2 turns.

But how are these strikes getting destroyed in such a manner?  If they match them, you dont get the 2 yellow.  If you match them, you dont either.  You'd need her green to do it, presumably.  And then, you're using her green over BRB's?  I mean... I guess that's viable...

This is pure curious pondering.  That's all.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I guess the logic behind is to spam the board with strike and protect tiles via Polaris. Then, use Photonic Rush to destroy a row. Since she's likely to be destroying all 8 rows, You will be gaining blue, green and yellow aps. The problem would be CM will be unable to continue the loop because she can't place the CD on the board after that.

Maybe 5 CM is referring to another character (due to typing error) or because Bishop has made him really dejected in PvPs in the past many months, and Bishop was slided into the argument somehow as another reason why Bishop should be nerfed.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,613 Chairperson of the Boards
    My 1/1/1 Polaris is already destroying things in a big way. 
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    bluewolf said:

This. Very much this.

It's all about Carol's green interacting with a board LITERALLY full of BRB protects (and TU tiles, of course). They all regen (thanks to Polaris) after each time she fires Photonic Rush and BRB recharges your green AP so you fire it again. And again. And again. And again.

Ally-mate shared a video with us. It's an amazing sight.
  • IIAlonditeII
    IIAlonditeII Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    bluewolf said:

This. Very much this.

It's all about Carol's green interacting with a board LITERALLY full of BRB protects (and TU tiles, of course). They all regen (thanks to Polaris) after each time she fires Photonic Rush and BRB recharges your green AP so you fire it again. And again. And again. And again.

Ally-mate shared a video with us. It's an amazing sight.
    My god that's hilarious. I'd love to see the video too if you have it.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2020
    How fast is Polaris/BRB/cm to get going?  Could you use it against gritty or carnage challenge nodes?  Is it fast enough to shield hop safely?  If so it will be a real problem for the game and I would expect an extremely fast nerf.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2020
    When I heard about the team yesterday, I tried them on Carnage node. That was 4th clear, don't know the levels. BRB barely survived till it got going, but I don't think I've started with AP boosts? Polaris was doing 2 for 1 tiles, still.
    Next clear took a couple of wipes before succeeding again... But I was also playing less than smart... You want shields as quickly and as many as possible and just 10 green to start. It's not very fast on CN levels, but it's literally pushing one same button over and over. Passives resolving also take some time.
  • ProtoformX
    ProtoformX Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Vhailorx said:
    How fast is Polaris/BRB/cm to get going?  Could you use it against gritty or carnage challenge nodes?  Is it fast enough to shield hop safely?  If so it will be a real problem for the game and I would expect an extremely fast nerf.
    I don't think any Polaris-based winfinite team will be fast due to her passive constantly spamming.
  • HoundofShadow
    I just realised that CM doesn't need to put CD to destroy the random row at 5 covers. If there is a nerf to this winfinite team(s) of Polaris/BRB/any green/blue power character that can destroy ~25% of the board, then either BRB or Polaris will get the nerf.  :D

I can imagine at 450, CM is dealing at least 26k tile damage (64 tiles destroyed) and additional 6k for Photonic Rush. It's a grand total of 32k damage per 10 green ap running on a loop. 
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,017 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polaris/BRB/4*Thanos seems to be faster as a winfinite
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anyone try Polaris with Black Bolt's Quasi-Sonic Scream yet?
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polaris/BRB/4*Thanos seems to be faster as a winfinite
    It takes some time to prep the board with enough protect tiles though. But once it gets going, it's definitely winfinite.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anyone try Polaris with Black Bolt's Quasi-Sonic Scream yet?
    I'm not sure if it would be a very good match. BB only destroys the middle two rows, unless you have 5 AP in all colors, but in that case it will drain all your AP.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited September 2020
    Black Bolt works just fine. Make sure there are 10 protect tiles in the middle two rows. 

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have maybe the worst Danver5 build for that team, but BRB (champed)/Polaris (2/4/2)/Danver5 (5/2/3) is still quite formidable on the Polaris required node in day 3 of her story vs lvl 500 Nova/Demolisher/Savage.  The drawback at this build is that you very quickly run out of spaces to drop CM's countdown, which forces you to burn the green on 2x uses of Scuttlebutt, which does the job pretty well anyway.
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    That feeling when you've been using Polaris and are fine with matching away your special tiles...then suddenly she's not in your party and you forget to change your playing style....