• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dazzler and/or Th4nos may be a solid counter for 4* players
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,940 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dazzler and/or Th4nos may be a solid counter for 4* players

Bishop. It will be the 1st time 4* players will truly need him against their own kind.
    KGB
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    qandols said:
    Yes she is a complete monster and I dread facing her. Having her on your own team with anyone who deals with special tiles, well, I just can't wait.
    As we learned today , she’s going to be a 4* meta monster . One move , one kill 
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What I found interesting in today’s wave node was repeaters counted as special tiles so she did not put out a strike tile.  This means in her PVP if you don’t bring a special tile maker the AI will put out a strike tile first.  It also means against BRB teams one match and you can start spamming protect tiles.  Lastly the fact you can match 4 and crest tiles will get a ton of special tiles out.  I wonder if when Apocalypse destroys protect tiles if she will spit out more protect tiles.
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Having used her, I genuinely think she could actually replace grocket to be used with kitty, at least against tile droppers. 

While slightly slower at the start, you have the ability to keep creating strikes, dealing passive damage every turn and lowering kitty’s buffing threshold (not that that will matter with the number of tiles she will drop)

Not sure what to call it though. Politty?

also, using her with apocalypse and bill will be obscene
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Polaris work really well with Sabretooth, 2 abilities to put enemy strike tiles on the board, and every time a strike tiles is matched, Sabretooh passive deal damages and destroy tiles, Polaris's passive deal damage and create friendly tiles, and if Sabretooth passive destory any tiles, Polaris purple passive will happen again. this will add up to lots of strike tiles. Add Medusa in and you will create AP to fuel their enemies strike tiles creating abilities or heal your team.
  • Michael1957
    Options
    I think we all learned today this character is going to make a lot of us rethink the game . It’s nice to have a new character quake up the game . 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    She is a complete and utter monster. 
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @MrEd95

Kitaris or Kitari-x (in pick 3) sounds a bit more natural to me.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    KittyPol? 

It’s a strange combo. Polaris needs a nickname so it matches better.
  • Michael1957
    Options
    OJSP said:
    Potty..
    So if the 3rd was MODOK would they be PottyHead?
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    She is pretty clearly an offensive monster in the 4* space.  In that respect, she reminds me of 4* cyc, kk, and 3* if in March 2015, right as the 3* meta era was winding down.
    And she will be yet another character that pairs awesomely will with the 5* damage boosters.  But she is almost all offense.  She will have PvP defensive value because of her passive damage prior and the healthpack drain it leads to.  But she isn't going to last long against a level 600 carnage or IH.
    So for all her strength, does she really change the meta much at all?  Is she a better third wheel for thorkoye than 2099?  Is she a better blue stun sick than 4* gamora? Is she a better 4* pair for apoc than bishop?  Will she replace Valkyrie as a pair for kitty in really challenging content?
    I continue to think the 4* play space is full and added development there is wasted.
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    krakenoon said:
    @MrEd95

Kitaris or Kitari-x (in pick 3) sounds a bit more natural to me.
    I did think of Kitaris as well, but wasn’t sure how it would sound. I like it though
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This character is a monster. 

And as if she wasn’t raw enough..... she’s got a 4-turn for 7ap. 

Wanna see some raw screwiness? Team her up with 5* Carnage. The board gets out of hand REAL quick. 
    I’ve been using Carbag/Apocalypse in her loaner event. It super works.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    She seems pretty OP, I wonder how long it will take for people to call for a nerf.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jp1 said:
    KittyPol? 

This sounds like a stripper name!!!
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just started SCL10 PVP.  A Kitty/Carnage/Polaris is quite insane.  I think Kitty/BRB might be better to leave on D when floating but I think Kitty/Carnage will be way more annoying to play.
  • Michael1957
    Options
    wymtime said:
    jp1 said:
    KittyPol? 

This sounds like a stripper name!!!
    I’m thinking Klitaris 
  • Michael1957
    Options
    Just started SCL10 PVP.  A Kitty/Carnage/Polaris is quite insane.  I think Kitty/BRB might be better to leave on D when floating but I think Kitty/Carnage will be way more annoying to play.
    I went with her and a Hulkoye and she is enhanced by the power boost . By turn 3 , 1 is down, 1 is stunned , and then it’s basically 3 on 1. I don’t know the worth using her as defense yet .