**** Polaris (Lorna Dane) ****

Comments

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    pretty ballin' kit - i feel i would run 5/5/3 if pairing with Gritty
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2020
    Being in 4* land (except for a fully covered Kitty), she looks positively joyous with Gritty for a new sim partner besides Juggs & Ronin & Wolfsbane (okay nobody runs Wolfsbane but me, but still.) As skittledaddy mentioned, her being a X-men mutant is a big deal for Kitty - I can count on 1,423 hands how many times I've been knocked down to exactly *3* strike tiles after the enemy's first turn, and, as with Juggs, Kitty gets to keep on boostin' in that scenario. 

She also seems like one of those uncommon "no bad builds" character, as all of her abilities are strong and nearly any permutation could be the best in a given situation. 

I also like the fact that her purple greatly reduces the pain of one of Gritty's worst moments - having to match one of your own special tiles because there's no other match available. I wonder if you get multiple special tiles if a match contains more than one SAP tile? Also, will it trigger if Kitty's chomps on an enemy SAP? (probably not, but one can hope.)
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    4/5/5 for me. People are going to hate this character soon.  :D

Time to unleash Carbage and Medusa.   :#
  • huskyskins
    huskyskins Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Kitty’s yellow is contingent on the X-Men affiliation, not Mutants, that is Apocalypse’s passive Stun resistance. I’ve seen a couple of y’all say it, thought it was worth clarifying. #UmActually

3/5/5 for me too
    Well, she covers both.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 969 Critical Contributor

Umm... You can't do 4/5/5.  ;)
    Unless you know something I don't know...
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards

Oh 5/5/5 please!

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 437 Mover and Shaker
    Do countdown tiles count as special tiles? 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards

Wiccan came out like that as a loaner in his Shield training lol. Haven't seen it since.
  • HoundofShadow
    It's a typo. It should be 3/5/5.   B)
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    Bzhai said:
    Do countdown tiles count as special tiles? 
    They should.  And repeaters and invisibility tiles.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Certain powers treat charged tiles as owned specials as well, but it's unclear to me if that's universal. For instance Deadliest Woman will trigger if you've made all the purples into charged tiles via Coulson's purple power. Similarly, Star Lord's green will leave charged tiles on the board if they happen to be in the columns he destroys.
  • HoundofShadow
    I just realised she creates 3 tiles of that type destroyed, instead of 2. With Carbage, I'm looking at 4 friendly special tiles created when they destroy or match those specific special tiles.

Active power covered
    1) Polaris covers blue and generates 4 enemy strike tiles to help Carbage.
    2) Medusa covers purple and feeds purple, blue or green ap.
    3) Carbage covers red and green. 

I'm pretty psyche for this team and I hope Balance of Power comes when I have Polaris champed. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I just realised she creates 3 tiles of that type destroyed, instead of 2. With Carbage, I'm looking at 4 friendly special tiles created when they destroy or match those specific special tiles.

Active power covered

I'm pretty psyche for this team and I hope Balance of Power comes when I have Polaris champed. 
    You could 5/4/3 this team and hot swap Medusa for 3* Dr. Octopus. Would be cool if we could get a PVP like that, similar to the 4/3/2 one whose name i always forget.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor

Active power covered

You could 5/4/3 this team and hot swap Medusa for 3* Dr. Octopus. Would be cool if we could get a PVP like that, similar to the 4/3/2 one whose name i always forget.
    Combined Arms
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Certain powers treat charged tiles as owned specials as well, but it's unclear to me if that's universal. For instance Deadliest Woman will trigger if you've made all the purples into charged tiles via Coulson's purple power. Similarly, Star Lord's green will leave charged tiles on the board if they happen to be in the columns he destroys.
    Charged tiles are neutral. Those powers are just unfortunately worded. Both Gamora and SL will count or skip web tiles too. It should be saying something like "leaving friendly and neutral special tiles" and "if all purple tiles are friendly or neutral" ...
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2020
    After playing Polaris against Magneto she seems pretty good.  If Bishop ever gets nerfed I think she would be to perfect 4* to go along with BRB/Kitty teams in sim.  Her ability to create additional special tiles can get crazy especially when you have an additional character to put out special tiles.

as far as a fun team goes to see how many special tiles you can get on the board I think BRB/5* carnage might be fun.  When the enemy has 4 tiles on the board carnage makes a move and if he matches the tile you get a strike tile, a attack tile, and 3 more of whatever got matched.  With BRB blue you would also be getting 2 protect tiles every turn.  That would be 7 special tiles each turn. I am not saying it would be great for PVP but to see how quickly you could fill up a board with special tiles it would be fun to try.

my prediction is her PVP is going to suck in fighting BRB/Kitty teams.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes she is a complete monster and I dread facing her. Having her on your own team with anyone who deals with special tiles, well, I just can't wait.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2020
    Agreed. After seeing her vs Magneto I can already say that Green is going to make her the equivalent in 4* land of what Bishop is in 5* land. A huge PITA and health pack sink.
    Teamed with Grocket/Juggs (or Kitty/Grocket) she will passively do 1500+ a turn when champed and that damage will bypass enemy Juggs match reduction since it's power damage. Teaming her with Cardusa will do less damage per turn but will ramp higher as the match goes on. I bet Simulator climbs to 2K are going to be very very hard now as there will be a wall of teams using her once you hit 1600.
    You either kill her early (turn 5ish) or you'll lose a character to the passive damage. So Bishop will suddenly be a must against enemy teams that feature her.
    KGB