**** Misty Knight (Heroes For Hire) ****

Options

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I washed a few times with a lot of the same 5*s I tried yesterday, and with Vulture, so I ended up using Carbage for the 5e - just let him gather all that extra AP from his second turn and flood the board with attacks for Misty, and let her burn the green. I always forget Goblin can stun if you drop his purple on blue.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,724 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Against Thing/SL/Mordo....

5* Iceman?  Because, I love how he gets all his stuff fortified by GG...
    ...nope.  Nearly any single attack just kills me.  Nevermind that I have GG and Iceman champed... but okay....

People been talking about Vulture... sure, lets go for it....
    ....nope.  He goes airborne, and two games in row, enemy Thing OR Mordo has enough AP (along with SLs passive tile out there) to just one-hit whoever is the lucky one in front.

Huh... its not like I don't have a decent roster.... umm... lets try 5*Carnage.  It wont take long to get those double turns, then use that free AP....
    ....nope... free AP?!  Thats funny.  We have cheaper moves and will always have the AP needed to use them!  MWA HA HA!!!

....FINE.... 3* DP --  WHALES!  +4 PURPLE AP BOOST.  done....
    ....that's what I thought.  stupid frackin' board.  (and just because, they STILL one-shotted GG before the Whales could be triggered)
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    PiMacleod said:

....that's what I thought.  stupid frackin' board.  (and just because, they STILL one-shotted GG before the Whales could be triggered)
    Good call. Thanks :)
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    PiMacleod said:

Don’t forget, if you are going to whale it, a team up is also an option, instead of bringing Deadpool himself. Bringing in a 3rd with more much more health might help you last longer to get the required TUs needed. 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Another time my new best friend saved the day on the third try , xavier4*. This time it was a bit more large battle and I equipped him with fortifier support.
    But finally they bite the dust.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Rocked it with Valkyrie. You can get Misty’s green off hella often and Valkyrie’s strikes take up all the yellow tiles so Starlord’s AP CDs won’t trigger. 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    PiMacleod said:

Don’t forget, if you are going to whale it, a team up is also an option, instead of bringing Deadpool himself. Bringing in a 3rd with more much more health might help you last longer to get the required TUs needed. 
    The teamup will also decline to leap in front of your useless GG and kill itself just as get enough ap to cast whales!
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I used Shuri for Day 3 node. Get 13 red, 6 blue and 10 green. Use Shuri's red twice, Misty's blue twice and then use her green twice. First Green oneshot The Thing, second shot almost downed Starlord, and Mordo was downed after collecting red, green and blue. Shuri will increase their ap cost by 3. 
  • Vhailorx
    edited July 2020
    Options
    I used Shuri for Day 3 node. Get 13 red, 6 blue and 10 green. Use Shuri's red twice, Misty's blue twice and then use her green twice. First Green oneshot The Thing, second shot almost downed Starlord, and Mordo was downed after collecting red, green and blue. Shuri will increase their ap cost by 3. 
    How are you dropping Thing with one cast of Misty's green?  Misty's green caps out around 72k with the maximum 5 fortified friendly tiles.  And thing has well in excess of 150k health in that node.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Her cap for damage increment is 64 fortified tiles, but removal of fortified tiles are capped at 5.

41732 + (6253*16) = 141,780.

During the process of gathering ap, Thing's hp was getting reduced with each match damage. That should clarify the "one-shot" comment.
  • Vhailorx
    Options
    Her cap for damage increment is 64 fortified tiles, but removal of fortified tiles are capped at 5.

41732 + (6253*16) = 141,780.

During the process of gathering ap, Thing's hp was getting reduced with each match damage. That should clarify the "one-shot" comment.
    I didn't get 17 fortified tiles out, so I don't know the upper limit but I can confirm that the damage for Misty's green scales past 5 fortified tiles.
    What a horribly worded power description, even by mpq standards.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    I thought the description was quite straightforward:

Deals 41732 damage to the target. Then deals an additional 6253 for each Fortified tile on the board and removes their fortifications, removing enemy tile fortifications first (up to a max of 5 tiles).

Probably, you were speed-reading her abilities and reached that conclusion.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    her blue is really useful for setting up c4ges yellow, i also like her with shuri.
    but in both cases removal of fortifications hurts. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ammenell said:
    her blue is really useful for setting up c4ges yellow, i also like her with shuri.

Yeah. I found her kind of counter-productive with both of them. The fortifications get matched away quickly enough anyhow, removing another 5 every few turns really makes things stall out.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I also managed to one-shot Mordo with Misty's green in one battle and he has like 130k health or so? I wasn't expecting it when I fired it as I hadn't been keeping track of the fortifications on the board but there were definitely quite a lot. Of course I still lost the battle as Thing and Star-Lord seemed to get annoyed, lol!
  • Vhailorx
    edited July 2020
    Options
    ammenell said:

Yeah. I found her kind of counter-productive with both of them. The fortifications get matched away quickly enough anyhow, removing another 5 every few turns really makes things stall out.
    Yeah, the removal of fortification is a big drawback.  Something like Cage's yellow also does uncapped damage, costs the same as misty's green, but actually gets stronger when spammed (as long as you keep putting out tiles). Misty has higher base damage, but cage adds on significantly more per fortified tile.  I think it only takes 6 tiles before cage passes misty by on damage (assuming level parity; in reality many of us have level 300+ cages and his damage will surpass hers even faster).
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Could use this thread being relabeled as for Misty Knight. I thought the thread for the next character was up already!
  • axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Could use this thread being relabeled as for Misty Knight. I thought the thread for the next character was up already!
    Too busy not introducing any new content on the SDCC@home show
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    In what can only be described as a senior moment exacerbated by the lack of updates from our lords, I almost asked: Has anyone figured out why Anti-Venom is on Team Iron Man and has "!Iron Fist" as his clue?
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    Vhailorx said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    At 5/3/5 she looks like a solid partner with Shuri and Magik.
    Easy tile generation, multiple ways to fortify, and a stronger, cheaper green than Shuri.
    In fact, with that team, getting 3 tiles fortified with her blue will get Shuri active. 
    Not bad for only 6 blue!
    No whale is giving up playing a 5* for that team. Which is 80%+ of players . With the way MPQ pushes 5* there’s no reason for new players to join.

Wait, are you saying 80%+ of players are whales? That surely can't be right? Or do you mean competetive players?
    There was a survey taken by MPQ earlier this year , the results showing number of years playing, daily time playing and annual amount of money spent on game. 80% were 5 years or more , 3 hours a day or more , and $1000 a year or more . In my alliance alone I know there are 4 spending over $2500 annually so I can see the survey as credible. Plus the rosters I see in 90% of PvAI , there’s no way you build 20 plus 5 stars champed in under 5 years . I have one in 4 years and I don’t spend more than $200 annually ( half of that from free gift cards in loyalty programs)
      As is, only slice 5 (twice) and slice one (once) regularly flip over with each event in cl10.  By contrast cls 9 and 10 both flip more than 10 times across all slices.

I’m not sure what this means but I’m eligible to play in CL 10 in about 3000 points . Any advice on when and how to join since I read this as only a small amount play CL 10. I can believe it considering how many players with 20 plus champed 5* are still taking the top 5-10% of all placement in 8 and 9. I’m curious as to why , I speculate 2 possibilities . A. They’re  underachievers judging the huge jump in difficulty making their extra time, effort and strategy not worth a small increase in rewards relatively. Much like refusing a promotion with more work and responsibility for little or no increase in salary . B. Their psychological profile shows a proclivity to oppress those much weaker than them rather than competing on an even field with their peers . 
    As for how to jump in to CL10, pick an easy event to start (i.e., avoid the killer 5e and challenge nodes). I would suggest trying one of the non-flipping slices first (slices 2-5).  Join immediately and play as much as you can/want to up to 4/6 on all nodes for max prog.  See where you finish.  If that placement is good enough for you, then you have found a new home. If you want higher placement, you may have to learn how to 6+/4 the nodes and start worrying about bracket flipping.

I’m new to the gaming lifestyle, less than 4 years and less than 1 year in forums . So I’m unfamiliar with definitions of “flipping “ and “slice “ . Can you explain that to a “noob”?
    Also, what or where is the challenge node ?
    Allow a 6+ year veteran underachiever to answer that last one...
    A challenge node is an enchanted place you can only see after you have recited the magic words that open the gates of a CL10 story event and have entered.
    Or, alternatively, checking an online Google doc with pve details or something. But that's boring, of course, and just not the same as experiencing its magnificence first hand, in-game.