**** Misty Knight (Heroes For Hire) ****

Options

Comments

• Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bad said:
    Her yellow power says to fortify and improve special tiles, yet she fortified goblins rider tile. 
    Its not a bad deal but by its description it can be shoking. 
    Misty knight can punch hard but  i wonder if teamed with green goblin and another one day 3 will be cleared.
    Today Aim Mecha level 485 on action. 
    An under covered Goblin is kind of lame , advice on who to use as the third wheel ?
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bad said:
    Her yellow power says to fortify and improve special tiles, yet she fortified goblins rider tile. 
    Its not a bad deal but by its description it can be shoking. 
    Misty knight can punch hard but  i wonder if teamed with green goblin and another one day 3 will be cleared.
    Today Aim Mecha level 485 on action. 
    An under covered Goblin is kind of lame , advice on who to use as the third wheel ?
    I am thinking a green battery is ideal as the pick-1 for this event.  Misty is all about her green. But she can't generate it very fast.  But with im40, you should be able to tank yellow for him, and then make green and blue that misty can use to fuel her nuke.
    Using a 5* like okoye or dd would provide more tankiness and damage boosting, but if the ai team is riri + Bobbi + feeder goon again, a sub 500 okoye will struggle to keep up.
  • Captain_Carlman
    Captain_Carlman Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I did 4* Cage.  Fortify tiles, fellow Defender, and better Yellow worked out pretty well.
  • Michael1957
    Options
    I did 4* Cage.  Fortify tiles, fellow Defender, and better Yellow worked out pretty well.
    I had to nuke them Day 2 , I tried a 460  Okoye and literally got zero TU or yellow matches in 2 tries . Since they cheat the board against me I wasn’t wasting any more health packs and Moby Dicked them.
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I had to nuke them Day 2 , I tried a 460  Okoye and literally got zero TU or yellow matches in 2 tries . Since they cheat the board against me I wasn’t wasting any more health packs and Moby Dicked them.
    I think I got lucky, but Vulture worked. My GG only has one Yellow cover. I got Vulture up fast and tried to hit as many greens as possible, plus took out Decoy first. Once GG died, Riri couldn’t use her red, since Vulture was always airborne, so that was nice.  
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I used IM40 for Day 2 Node. As a 4* player, 5* essentials in Shield Trainings are basically meatshields. Spam her blue followed by green. 
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Used Kitty as my third.  Loaded up on blue so Misty can get attack tiles on the board that Kitty can boost.  Kitty also kills any countdowns that Decoy puts down.   Used Misty's green to do most of the damage.
  • Vhailorx
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Correction after testing day 2 of the welcome to shield event:
    A green battery is the best option for those without 500+ rosters, but vulture is a better choice than IM40.  Even with boosting, IM40 requires significant board luck to deliver enough green to kill the bot by turn 4, meaning you must eat at least one green from riri.  Vulture is more likely to provide enough green by turn 3, making it easier to kill the bot and suppress riri effectively. He also keeps the ap flowing at a lower, but steadier rate than IM40, and since misty's powers are cheap, that means putting out damage more consistently.  It still requires a lot of luck either way.
    a baby champ kitty also works well if you can get some safely-positioned attack tiles out and suppress riri effectively.  (kitty also neatly demonstrates just how weak misty's tile boosting is)
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    How much are you guys boosting AP?
    I have a 1/1/1 Goblin at 255 and I tried my 166 IM40 with him and I barely kill the Bot and start damaging Riri before she's killed all 3 characters. And that's with me retreating until I get a board where I get a Yellow match on turn 1 and there is enough Yellow to likely get another one soon.
    I won all the prior iterations of this event because the 4* character was strong enough at 500 along with Valkrie to suppress their Red but this time I'm 0-4 already and haven't come close with IM40.
    Is Vulture a better bet and how much AP should I boost?
    KGB
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Previous runs of this event I'd solo that node with BRB essentially, but that hasn't yet worked here. I've tried a few other options (Iceman, Okoye, Doom), but haven't landed on one yet. I'll give Vulture a spin, see what that feels like.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vulture works the best IMO ( i only played this node twice)

I won using Okoye the first try. I used Vulture as a test for the second time, which i won without issue.

My Goblin is only 3/1/0 at lvl 300 so he was used to as bait on  Riri's green attack. But once Vulture was in the air two times, it was more than enough to down the decoy and Riri. I denied Red to mockingbird and kept vulture in the air. save up two blues and and one green and KO'd Mockingbird.

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,017 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I rocked it with 5* Yelena (champed of course) my GG is 4/5/1.

kill the doom bot first. Don’t match 4s. Killed mockingbird last but with yelena, I don’t think the order would matter much because yelena won’t let them get their nukes off. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    KGB said:
    I have a 1/1/1 Goblin at 255 and I tried my 166 IM40 with him and I barely kill the Bot and start damaging Riri before she's killed all 3 characters. And that's with me retreating until I get a board where I get a Yellow match on turn 1 and there is enough Yellow to likely get another one soon.
    I won all the prior iterations of this event because the 4* character was strong enough at 500 along with Valkrie to suppress their Red but this time I'm 0-4 already and haven't come close with IM40.
    KGB
    Can confirm Vulture is excellent, and I didn't boost AP at all and started the match with about 4 Black tiles total. 4/1/2 GG at 259 died without contributing in a meaningful way.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,723 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I guess I'm the weird one who considers 5* Iceman to be GG's best friend?

GG fortifies CDs AND REPEATERS.

What does Iceman do?  Make both.

Constant fortification, proc'ing Misty's healing passive, and also allowing you to tap Icey's stuns and team-damage multiple times.  And if you line up 3 Icey blues that are protected... well, that dudes out of the fight for 6 turns.

No issues here, imo.  Of course, I'm talking 455 Iceman and 460 GG.  So, maybe that's just me enjoying the fruits of my 'luck'.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Confirmed that misty is great for kitty. But I dont have her covered. I have 1 cover of goblin, at least I can play.
    So I took my new best friend for shield day 2, PX 4*. Chasing his 5* bears its fruits and I cleared on the first try while misty was flying half of the battle. 
    It wasnt a really long battle either.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vulture worked great for me. My 2/2/3 Goblin died pretty quick, but misty’s green got it done.
  • Vhailorx
    edited July 2020
    Options
    KGB said:
    KGB

There is no reason not to boost 2x yellow for this node.  so the only question is whether or not to add a third +1/all boost (since they cost HP to replace). 
    I did win with a +2 yellow IM40 team, but it took a decent amount of board luck.  the ideal outcome is to kill the bot before riri gets 8 green, and then deny red/green for the rest of the match while collecting yellow when possible (you basically need 32 green ap to cast misty's green 4 times.  combined with match damage, blue damage, and special tile damage, that should be enough to win.) 
    As per my above post, vulture is better than IM40 because he provides his green ap faster (and he is also easier to keep rolling since he self-fuels his own black). 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks for all the Vulture suggestions!
    I switched to him and won the 1st time. I boosted 2 black and got a match 3 black that cascaded to a 4th black on turn 1 so Vulture went airborne on T2.
    Killed the bot on turn 4 and the rest was easy as I denied Red and kept Vulture airborne the whole match. I never actually fired Misty's Yellow at all since her Blue/Green combo thanks to Vulture was hitting plenty hard enough to kill Riri/Mockingbird. I definitely had a nice start with the early Black (if I would have had to replay I would have boosted a 3rd Black so 1 match would get him airborne).
    KGB
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,294 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm not sure if this is intended or not...nor how many people would be running this team.... But if you can fortify CDs and Repeaters (hello, GG and HE) they count as "destroyed" when they tick down and heal your team.  Yes, even repeaters which just sit there, fortified, doing their thing.

Kind of feels like a bug.
  • Michael1957
    Options
    Vulture for Day 3 5E as well worked .