**** Misty Knight (Heroes For Hire) ****

Options

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,164 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
     Michael1957 said:
    [...]I have one in 4 years and I don’t spend more than $200 annually ( half of that from free gift cards in loyalty programs)
    your mileage will vary with play time vs 5* aquisition. I'm on day 1623, never spent any money on the game ever, and I had 0 champed until last year. Now I have 13 champs, one waiting on iso, and 2 more at 12 covers waiting on shards.
  • darkwatcherDEZ
    darkwatcherDEZ Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Misty

It appears that her kit boosts the other Heroes for Hire. Particularly, Cage and Ironfist even though there is color overlap. They do not appear hard hitting at first till you synergize with the others. Example - Misty's cheap blue puts out more strikes then 4* Fist with possible fortification. It's cheap enough that 4* Fist can fire blue, add a strike, fortify also, and gain green. Both augment 4* Cage for additional Yellow fortification and nuke while Misty's Yellow passive is burst heal available or for Yellow action if no Cage available. You can then go 4* Fist green nuke for Black or quick nuke Misty's green for the Fort sacrifice. 4* Patty could come in with minimal overlap with Misty serving as the low budget 4* Cage.
    Her ability to remove fortifications could play helpful with Kitty, Beta, Mr. Fantastic, etc. depending on the team makeup. May have to see how this ability plays out.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bad said:
     In my alliance alone I know there are 4 spending over $2500 annually so I can see the survey as credible. 
    Wow! Are you sure you dont have a free slot for me?
    Actually I kicked 2 players this week . We purge anyone absent over 10 days without notifying . Also anyone ignoring an alliance event by not participating 
  • Michael1957
    Options
    That's interesting. Where's the link?
    I can’t recall I know it wasn’t in the forum but on a social media site . Regrettably I no longer belong to any of them anymore .
  • Michael1957
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    At 5/3/5 she looks like a solid partner with Shuri and Magik.
    Easy tile generation, multiple ways to fortify, and a stronger, cheaper green than Shuri.
    In fact, with that team, getting 3 tiles fortified with her blue will get Shuri active. 
    Not bad for only 6 blue!
    No whale is giving up playing a 5* for that team. Which is 80%+ of players . With the way MPQ pushes 5* there’s no reason for new players to join.

Wait, are you saying 80%+ of players are whales? That surely can't be right? Or do you mean competetive players?
    There was a survey taken by MPQ earlier this year , the results showing number of years playing, daily time playing and annual amount of money spent on game. 80% were 5 years or more , 3 hours a day or more , and $1000 a year or more . In my alliance alone I know there are 4 spending over $2500 annually so I can see the survey as credible. Plus the rosters I see in 90% of PvAI , there’s no way you build 20 plus 5 stars champed in under 5 years . I have one in 4 years and I don’t spend more than $200 annually ( half of that from free gift cards in loyalty programs)
    80% of the survey takers, that is. Translating that to 80% of players is iffy, considering the sheer volume of players who are quite obviously not 5* players. If 80% of the player base were investing that time and money on the game, I'd be surprised to place where I do in events with my meager financial and time commitments.
    I know the amount responding was in the tens of thousands , I feel that is a reasonable enough cross sampling of all types of players . 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
     Michael1957 said:
    [...]I have one in 4 years and I don’t spend more than $200 annually ( half of that from free gift cards in loyalty programs)
    your mileage will vary with play time vs 5* aquisition. I'm on day 1623, never spent any money on the game ever, and I had 0 champed until last year. Now I have 13 champs, one waiting on iso, and 2 more at 12 covers waiting on shards.

Similar story for me. I've spent a little, maybe US$100 or so total, day 1251, 11 5* champs with 5 more pretty close (either at 12 covers or 8+ and still in Latest). It's def possible.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5* progress isn’t always linear. It’s takes a while to get your first 5* championed but during that time, you are also building up other 5*s. If you look at my progress report over the years, you’ll see the progress is usually in batches. Probably because I’ve been hoarding and pulling in chunks. Perhaps if you were pulling constantly it may be more linear. 
  • killercool
    killercool Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Why is this still showing as New Character (???), when Misty is already available in game?
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Why is this still showing as New Character (???), when Misty is already available in game?
    For the same reason that we are often playing events that haven't even been announced in the Sneak Peek thread yet. Keeping the forum updated is clearly not a priority for d3.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2020
    Options
    So. After looking at the numbers in game:
    Her green does 6-11k damage for 8 green ap (and removes enemy special fortification).  Remember when xfw got nerfed into the ground because his green did ~ 4k + some boardshake for 8 ap?
    Her yellow also seems spectacularly poor. A classic, jack-of-all-trades power that doesn't do enough of any one thing to justify its cost.  Boosting tiles by 50 at 5 covers?  Flipping 3 tiles at 5 covers?  Seems like the easy dump power.
    Blue is a little underwhelming, but still decent.  She will flood the board with attacks pretty easily, and many will be fortified if the player is paying attention.  And the power is cheap enough to spam and might hurt a bit if you play her with a strong strike-tile spawner.
    So she has the classic, one good, one meh, and one weak power.  5/3/5 on paper.  She joins the list of recent 4* releases who are both pretty good, and also utterly superfluous because the 4* tier is so bloated already.

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Does green's fortification removal trigger yellow's passive?
    Testing with the loaner in Introducing... Misty Knight, using green to remove fortifications did not trigger the healing from yellow's passive.
    Destroying the fortification with a row clear also did not trigger the yellow passive.
  • Michael1957
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Easy tile generation, multiple ways to fortify, and a stronger, cheaper green than Shuri.
    In fact, with that team, getting 3 tiles fortified with her blue will get Shuri active. 
    Not bad for only 6 blue!
    No whale is giving up playing a 5* for that team. Which is 80%+ of players . With the way MPQ pushes 5* there’s no reason for new players to join.

Wait, are you saying 80%+ of players are whales? That surely can't be right? Or do you mean competetive players?
    There was a survey taken by MPQ earlier this year , the results showing number of years playing, daily time playing and annual amount of money spent on game. 80% were 5 years or more , 3 hours a day or more , and $1000 a year or more . In my alliance alone I know there are 4 spending over $2500 annually so I can see the survey as credible. Plus the rosters I see in 90% of PvAI , there’s no way you build 20 plus 5 stars champed in under 5 years . I have one in 4 years and I don’t spend more than $200 annually ( half of that from free gift cards in loyalty programs)
      As is, only slice 5 (twice) and slice one (once) regularly flip over with each event in cl10.  By contrast cls 9 and 10 both flip more than 10 times across all slices.

I’m not sure what this means but I’m eligible to play in CL 10 in about 3000 points . Any advice on when and how to join since I read this as only a small amount play CL 10. I can believe it considering how many players with 20 plus champed 5* are still taking the top 5-10% of all placement in 8 and 9. I’m curious as to why , I speculate 2 possibilities . A. They’re  underachievers judging the huge jump in difficulty making their extra time, effort and strategy not worth a small increase in rewards relatively. Much like refusing a promotion with more work and responsibility for little or no increase in salary . B. Their psychological profile shows a proclivity to oppress those much weaker than them rather than competing on an even field with their peers . 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
     I speculate 2 possibilities . A. They’re  underachievers judging the huge jump in difficulty making their extra time, effort and strategy not worth a small increase in rewards relatively. Much like refusing a promotion with more work and responsibility for little or no increase in salary . B. Their psychological profile shows a proclivity to oppress those much weaker than them rather than competing on an even field with their peers . 
    Did you ever speculate that being the final points of scl9 and 10 the same top alliances dont play scl10?
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Not bad for only 6 blue!

As is, only slice 5 (twice) and slice one (once) regularly flip over with each event in cl10.  By contrast cls 9 and 10 both flip more than 10 times across all slices.

I’m not sure what this means but I’m eligible to play in CL 10 in about 3000 points . Any advice on when and how to join since I read this as only a small amount play CL 10. I can believe it considering how many players with 20 plus champed 5* are still taking the top 5-10% of all placement in 8 and 9. I’m curious as to why , I speculate 2 possibilities . A. They’re  underachievers judging the huge jump in difficulty making their extra time, effort and strategy not worth a small increase in rewards relatively. Much like refusing a promotion with more work and responsibility for little or no increase in salary . B. Their psychological profile shows a proclivity to oppress those much weaker than them rather than competing on an even field with their peers . 
    For anyone who cares about 5* acquisition, the gap between cl9 and cl10 rewards is massive.  It would take ~67 LTs to make up the extra 200 5* shards per event. So unless it's a worthless 5* that no one wants (e.g., wasp) the value of cl10 is pretty high.  But so is the time sink and challenge.  It can easily double your time played and soak up all your health packs if you don't have a strong roster.
    As for how to jump in to CL10, pick an easy event to start (i.e., avoid the killer 5e and challenge nodes). I would suggest trying one of the non-flipping slices first (slices 2-5).  Join immediately and play as much as you can/want to up to 4/6 on all nodes for max prog.  See where you finish.  If that placement is good enough for you, then you have found a new home. If you want higher placement, you may have to learn how to 6+/4 the nodes and start worrying about bracket flipping.

• Michael1957
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    Vhailorx said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Not bad for only 6 blue!

As for how to jump in to CL10, pick an easy event to start (i.e., avoid the killer 5e and challenge nodes). I would suggest trying one of the non-flipping slices first (slices 2-5).  Join immediately and play as much as you can/want to up to 4/6 on all nodes for max prog.  See where you finish.  If that placement is good enough for you, then you have found a new home. If you want higher placement, you may have to learn how to 6+/4 the nodes and start worrying about bracket flipping.

I’m new to the gaming lifestyle, less than 4 years and less than 1 year in forums . So I’m unfamiliar with definitions of “flipping “ and “slice “ . Can you explain that to a “noob”?
    Also, what or where is the challenge node ?
  • Bad
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Challenge node its really easy: green nodes. Slice is the time when you select the event.  What is left is a lot more advanced information but you can search it if you want it.
  • stef_focus
    stef_focus Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I’m new to the gaming lifestyle, less than 4 years and less than 1 year in forums . So I’m unfamiliar with definitions of “flipping “ and “slice “ . Can you explain that to a “noob”?
    Also, what or where is the challenge node ?
    Slice: When you start an event you can select between 5 different timeslots. These are called slices. Slice 1 is the earliest one, slice 5 is the last one.

Flipping: A slice of an event is cut up into blocks of players, usually 1000 players. When the 1001st player wants to join a slice, a new block of players is made. This is called a flip. For high placement it is good to be present at the start of a block to get the most points in comparrison to later joiners, because then you get more points regenereated per node

Challenge node: in CL 10 there is a challenge node that is usually very difficult. This node is not present in other CL's.
  • Bad
    Options
    Her yellow power says to fortify and improve special tiles, yet she fortified goblins rider tile. 
    Its not a bad deal but by its description it can be shoking. 
    Misty knight can punch hard but  i wonder if teamed with green goblin and another one day 3 will be cleared.
    Today Aim Mecha level 485 on action.