**** Misty Knight (Heroes For Hire) ****

Options

Comments

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It would be a great char for kitty users, or for protecting tiles against new minions.
    Or using with rescue for total healing.
    Maybe they could endure Ihulk. 
    Anyway her color powers are too populated for my liking.
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just had a quick google to see which female characters are listed as team iron man in the comic civil war. The only really notable names that I know of that don’t have a 4* version (or any version) are She-Hulk, Tigra and Songbird. There were others too, but none that I’ve heard of before.

Do any of those fit the bill? I don’t really know much about tigra and songbird
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MrEd95 said:
    Just had a quick google to see which female characters are listed as team iron man in the comic civil war. The only really notable names that I know of that don’t have a 4* version (or any version) are She-Hulk, Tigra and Songbird. There were others too, but none that I’ve heard of before.

Do any of those fit the bill? I don’t really know much about tigra and songbird

Not really for the clue. Tigra was granted feline abilities through a mystic ritual, and Songbird has vocal-based powers that have different effects depending on the pitch. Songbird would make a lot of sense for a Thunderbolts affiliation, but the game doesn't really have the main characters or that affiliation.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As for Misty Knight (who has been mentioned a few times between here and the Update thread), she and Colleen were working for Iron Man's side in Civil War and she has a prosthetic arm.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ZeiramMR said:
    As for Misty Knight (who has been mentioned a few times between here and the Update thread), she and Colleen were working for Iron Man's side in Civil War and she has a prosthetic arm.

Agreed, she makes the most sense
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ZeiramMR said:
    It also said in one of the clues "hire this hero soon" or something like that.  Misty is one of the heroes for hire.  I'm 99.99% certain it's her.  All the clues add up.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wonder if Team Iron Man will ever get a re-evaluation? Maybe add it to Rescue? What was the last character that came out with that affiliation? P4nther?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ZeiramMR said:
    Guess who made her arm.  You get one guess.....
  • Bad
    Options
    It also said in one of the clues "hire this hero soon" or something like that.  Misty is one of the heroes for hire.  I'm 99.99% certain it's her.  All the clues add up.
    I can confirm that its she with this argument: since the latest version intro chars changed and loading icons too.
    Between these icons appears the new one and represents her hair and diadem.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bad said:
    I can confirm that its she with this argument: since the latest version intro chars changed and loading icons too.
    Between these icons appears the new one and represents her hair and diadem.
    It really does look like all reasonable clues point to her...

...so, by MPQ release note clue logic, Mantis confirmed!
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Just saw an ad on Facebook from MPQ confirming that it is misty knight.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,940 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What's the burst healing supposed to represent? Her bandaging/providing first aid to teammates? Doesn't seem like something she should have skill wise.
    KGB
  • BlixTheFrog
    BlixTheFrog Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Just saw an ad on Facebook from MPQ confirming that it is misty knight.

Yeah, just announced on Twitter too.
  • MirrorKnight
    MirrorKnight Posts: 73 Match Maker
    edited July 2020
    Options
    At 5/3/5 she looks like a solid partner with Shuri and Magik.
    Easy tile generation, multiple ways to fortify, and a stronger, cheaper green than Shuri.
    In fact, with that team, getting 3 tiles fortified with her blue will get Shuri active. 
    Not bad for only 6 blue!
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Easy tile generation, multiple ways to fortify, and a stronger, cheaper green than Shuri.
    In fact, with that team, getting 3 tiles fortified with her blue will get Shuri active. 
    Not bad for only 6 blue!
    No whale is giving up playing a 5* for that team. Which is 80%+ of players . With the way MPQ pushes 5* there’s no reason for new players to join.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not bad for only 6 blue!
    No whale is giving up playing a 5* for that team. Which is 80%+ of players . With the way MPQ pushes 5* there’s no reason for new players to join.

Wait, are you saying 80%+ of players are whales? That surely can't be right? Or do you mean competetive players?
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Not bad for only 6 blue!

Wait, are you saying 80%+ of players are whales? That surely can't be right? Or do you mean competetive players?
    There was a survey taken by MPQ earlier this year , the results showing number of years playing, daily time playing and annual amount of money spent on game. 80% were 5 years or more , 3 hours a day or more , and $1000 a year or more . In my alliance alone I know there are 4 spending over $2500 annually so I can see the survey as credible. Plus the rosters I see in 90% of PvAI , there’s no way you build 20 plus 5 stars champed in under 5 years . I have one in 4 years and I don’t spend more than $200 annually ( half of that from free gift cards in loyalty programs)
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That's interesting. Where's the link?
  • Bad
    Options
     In my alliance alone I know there are 4 spending over $2500 annually so I can see the survey as credible. 
    Wow! Are you sure you dont have a free slot for me?