New Minion Group: A.I.M. Scientists

Options

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Genetic construct repeater should denote which goon it belongs to.  You cycle through the goons and none of them indicate it's theirs, so you have to guess which goon to take down.
    Constructs are from Splicers . In case of multiple splicers , as previously with any multi goon of same subclass you just have to guess which one it belongs to. 

With others (say, Maggia Hitmen), you can cycle through the enemies, and when it gets to the one that generated that particular countdown, the countdown will flash briefly. Construct tiles don't do that.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Genetic construct repeater should denote which goon it belongs to.  You cycle through the goons and none of them indicate it's theirs, so you have to guess which goon to take down.
    Constructs are from Splicers . In case of multiple splicers , as previously with any multi goon of same subclass you just have to guess which one it belongs to. 

With others (say, Maggia Hitmen), you can cycle through the enemies, and when it gets to the one that generated that particular countdown, the countdown will flash briefly. Construct tiles don't do that.
    Wow, I’ve never known nor noticed that . 
  • SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 304 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I like them except for the animation of the tile.  It's like getting hit with strobe lights.   Perhaps make the animation steadier instead of that weird tile fade that feels like it can induce a seizure.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Putting them in PVE is going to suck.  The scaling on these guys will gut your team at higher SCL.  I guess they were giving out too many rewards in SCL 10  :(
  • froggerjohn
    froggerjohn Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I hope that the introduction of these guys will be the catalyst for a game action speedup.

When the devs did their speed optimizations awhile back, they explicitly cited "Mindless Ones" in the list of annoying things to wait for. And yet, bizarrely, did nothing to address it.
    With AIM minions being even slower, maybe that's the extra straw we needed to finally get some action.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    Or, you know, stop playing the game.   :D

I think maybe you were at least partially joking, but for me it struck a chord: I spend too much time playing the game already and these goons are going to make it worse x2 because of the issues with the slow animations coupled with neutralization of my fastest PvE team, Juggergritty. At the very least this might get me to skip events entirely.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I hope that the introduction of these guys will be the catalyst for a game action speedup.

When the devs did their speed optimizations awhile back, they explicitly cited "Mindless Ones" in the list of annoying things to wait for. And yet, bizarrely, did nothing to address it.
    With AIM minions being even slower, maybe that's the extra straw we needed to finally get some action.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! hahahahahahahahahaha!!! HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa!!! hAhAhAhAhAhAhAhAhAhA!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! hahahahahahahahahaha!!! HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa!!! hAhAhAhAhAhAhAhAhAhA!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! hahahahahahahahahaha!!! HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa!!! hAhAhAhAhAhAhAhAhAhA!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! hahahahahahahahahaha!!! HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa!!! hAhAhAhAhAhAhAhAhAhA!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! hahahahahahahahahaha!!! HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa!!! hAhAhAhAhAhAhAhAhAhA!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! hahahahahahahahahaha!!! HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa!!! hAhAhAhAhAhAhAhAhAhA!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! hahahahahahahahahaha!!! HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa!!! hAhAhAhAhAhAhAhAhAhA!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! hahahahahahahahahaha!!! HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa!!! hAhAhAhAhAhAhAhAhAhA!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! hahahahahahahahahaha!!! HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa!!! hAhAhAhAhAhAhAhAhAhA!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! hahahahahahahahahaha!!! HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa!!! hAhAhAhAhAhAhAhAhAhA!!! 

I hope so too...
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mindless ones are not too bad. What is bad is a pve where there are only those guys. Like the one running now honor among thieves sub2, 11 nodes of only mindless ones per 7 times equal 77 times fighting only a type of a goon.
    That bores anyone and any change here would be more than welcomed.
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I hate when you can't match away an attack tile that a mindless one puts down then every turn you have to hear the sound it makes and watch the damage number slide up.  It's pointless.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MrPlow said:
    I hate when you can't match away an attack tile that a mindless one puts down then every turn you have to hear the sound it makes and watch the damage number slide up.  It's pointless.
    Great minds think alike?

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/82891/attack-tiles-and-floating-damage-numbers-please-make-it-stop-already#latest

:D 
  • Ragnoluce
    Ragnoluce Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Options
    I've been having fun with the 4* team of Gladiator Hulk,America Chavez, and Mockingbird. Lots of passive ap accumulation benefits and no special tiles to be messed with...
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    First sighting in the 2* wave node in the DDQ.  They're in the second wave.
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Not too bad at 2* tier levels, wonder how it will go when they get thrown into Enchilada.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,560 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MrPlow said:
    First sighting in the 2* wave node in the DDQ.  They're in the second wave.

Indeed, today was the first AIM in DDQ, I expect they'll be back soon: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/39967/deadpool-daily-quest-randomized-matchup-thread/p87
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just wanted to add to the "these guys are slow" chorus after playing them in DDQ today. I am sure there is an A.I.M. themed event being worked on and I am always happy to get new content but this is going to be a bear if they are still this slow to resolve their turns.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,560 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just wanted to add to the "these guys are slow" chorus after playing them in DDQ today. I am sure there is an A.I.M. themed event being worked on and I am always happy to get new content but this is going to be a bear if they are still this slow to resolve their turns.

AIM and Modok are the main baddies in the Avengers game coming out in September, so yeah probably going to be a few AIM events round that time. Wouldn't surprise me if we'll get a new KK then as well.