New Minion Group: A.I.M. Scientists

Options

Comments

• krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    First, let me say kudos to the dev team for all their hard work during the epidemic. I’m sure there were many challenges presented, but it’s nice to finally see all the hard work in game, so thank you.

Secondly, I wouldn’t expect a lot of feedback any time soon. They most likely want to test and tweak before committing to anything. I also imagine the fires are still burning late.

Finally, while I imagine this will shake up the meta in PvE, I have a suspicion the old standby of Cardusa/Carbusa will fare better than the likes BRB/Prof and others. Sadly, it seems likely once these goons are integrated into PvE, health pack usage will skyrocket. I do wonder how it will impact clear times though.

Any other thoughts from the community of how to deal with these?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,293 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A.I.M. = Advanced Idea Mechanics

H.I.G.H. = ?

Heavily Integrated Genius Hierarchy ?
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Glad to see new enemies to fight (and probably curse, as Gritty is gonna have a tough time)! I also enjoyed the pretty extensive write-up/description. 
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    A.I.M. = Advanced Idea Mechanics

H.I.G.H. = ?

Heavily Integrated Genius Hierarchy ?
    Heuristically
    Integrated Intellect
    Guaranteeing Genius Genocidal
    Holocaust

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Seriously a 3ap power? That along with passive repeaters means they'll be even slower than Mindless Ones.  That and "low damage" isn't necessarily low when you start factoring in all special tiles they generate also, and when scaled they're going to be horrible to play against...

Can we get a character that can control minions?  Pretty please?
  • killercool
    killercool Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    These guys are going to have me turning to iHulk and Okoye in PVE more often I guess.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well new minions were something we were asking for a long time so I am glad we have them in the game!
    They sound like they might be quite tough, looking forward to trying out the event but if recent trends continue I suspect it might be quite brutal!
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Those were some funky fights. I ran 4Carol, Coulson, and War Machine for some countdowns and special tiles. Wasn't ever at risk of losing, but AIM dudes do enough against specials (at least in those first two nodes) that the team wasn't as effective as it can be. It was fun to see my special tiles get forced to the side, and to watch that little repeater march around the board looking fro tiles to eat. Those could have some fun interactions with existing mechanics (I'm mainly thinking things like column destruction), and open the doors for interesting mechanics for player-controlled characters in the future.

Here's hoping we don't have to wait too incredibly long for a full event. I'm sure they want to run this to demo them and get some fine-tuning in (they did this once with a Coulson event that had buffed up SHIELD Agents, but I don't think we ever saw those guys again), but I'm optimistic this will be something they can tweak and implement fully in the future (rather than having to discard like the super SHIELD dudes).
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    If your a Gritty **** like me be prepared to add to the grind.  Not only that it takes time for the AI to finish it's turn.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It was a fun match. All my S&P tiles shifting to the right was a sight to watch.  The repeater shifting down to look for Karnak's protect tile was eye-opening. It added some kind of thrill for me.

Animations were pretty cool too.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Definitely a minion faction that punishes special tile teams (gritty has taken a big hit recently), but won't intimidate the non-special meta teams very much until they get so overleveled that their 'low' regular damage becomes threatening.  And strange should enjoy fighting these guys quite a lot.  halfthor will get knocked around by some of those repeater tiles randomly moving next to each other though.
    Not a bad addition to the game so far.  Is this is first minion faction added since strange days?  Or did the symbiotes come after that?
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Cool that a new enemy is being released.  Not sure Okoye/iHulk is going to notice though.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I tried on 2 accounts, one with Gritty/4*Luke. Little damage received but quite annoying and long match. Second one with Okoye/Medusa/Str5nge. Just chase teamup tiles and it's a breeze.
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    If I start seeing these guys, Okoye/Chavez/Karnak along with color boosts will be my go to team.  I tried it out and it was a breeze.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just ran Grocket/Gamora/Medusa (since Juggs is prohibited) to see what affect they would have on my specials.
    In the first battle I had some specials start in the right hand row. That caused a lot of grief as over the next couple turns they got eaten up and the battle ran for a long time due to lower damage until I could make more via Gamora Black/Medusa's CD.
    But in the 2nd battle I started with no specials in the right hand row. So they did not eat any of my tiles and it was a breeze to win. So much will depend on whether any of your specials get placed in the right hand row on turn 1.
    KGB
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options
    KGB said:
    I just ran Grocket/Gamora/Medusa (since Juggs is prohibited) to see what affect they would have on my specials.
    In the first battle I had some specials start in the right hand row. That caused a lot of grief as over the next couple turns they got eaten up and the battle ran for a long time due to lower damage until I could make more via Gamora Black/Medusa's CD.
    But in the 2nd battle I started with no specials in the right hand row. So they did not eat any of my tiles and it was a breeze to win. So much will depend on whether any of your specials get placed in the right hand row on turn 1.
    KGB
    Imo it's better to just rely on characters without special tiles.
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Having spent a while getting my PvE clear times down with Juggernaut, it was nice to dust off the angels for an event like this. I can’t believe I used to think they were so OP LOL.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I ran a (Netflix) Defenders team against them, JJ, C4ge, and HoboFist. They use enough special tiles that I got to see Siphon and Automaton do their thing, but don't rely on them so much that losing them wrecks the team. Also, HoboFist and C4ge can Fortify them, tho they do eventually accumulate over on the right and end up getting destroyed enough times that it overcomes the Fortification.
    They seem pretty cool so far, but yeah, they're gonna be scary when they get up there in level.
    Also, not sure if this is intended or not, but when one of the M.E.C.H.A. is in front and doing things, it gets bigger on the screen, and completely hides its teammates. Got a little confusing at a couple of points.