***** Yelena Belova (Black Widow) *****

Options
12346»

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've been playing around with the Loaner in her PvP as well, and having a lot of fun. I don't think she's going to be top tier or anything, but she is fun, her animations are great, and that red passive is surprisingly effective. I have been able to tag team her purple and Sinister's blue reasonably well, too, which is cool.
    I'm having fun with her, too.  Which is great! 

If anyone was still wondering, TU AP won't trigger her Top of the Class passive.  Has to be in a color.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Truth is with the loaner in front it feels a bit of pressure. And her pasive is just 1! Pasive at 5 can counter BRB if he matches 3 times blue.
    And military surplus is well adapted to the meta because she can destroy 2 special tiles.
    Her traps can deal a lot of damage if she is champed and she can place 6 at cheap AP.
    So I dont know if she is not gonna be top tier.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't think Yelena can catch up once BRB has his CD out. Besides, her passive damage won't deal as much damage due to his strong protect tiles. You need to team her with someone else who can gobble up, replace or steal those BRB protect tiles. Kitty is the obvious choice if speed matters. 
  • Bad
    edited April 2020
    Options
    At the very least on simulator I think she will be popular. And the shielding she needs sinister can offer. But the problem of sinister is that leaves out BRB for their need of blue.
    Anyway yelena works well with kitty because continously adds strike tiles. Time will tell.
    But I still thinking that sinister works really well with yelena: the need of the enemy for to release powers will cause sinister to create AP traps.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sinister/Yelena is money. Their 2 problems are.....

- Special tile removal of more than 3
    - doing immediate damage

been using GEDoom because he works very well Sinister. GRRR works surprisingly well too at 4/4/5. 

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Once I champ Sinister, I'll have to try that. For me, Robby's green was always at 5 to keep the repeater length low. Prioritizing Doom and or Sinister's black, I'd maybe run him at 5/5/3 and see how that goes. 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't think Yelena can catch up once BRB has his CD out. Besides, her passive damage won't deal as much damage due to his strong protect tiles. You need to team her with someone else who can gobble up, replace or steal those BRB protect tiles. Kitty is the obvious choice if speed matters. 
    But the AP suppression matters too. Even if her strikes don't tread water against BRB's protects, she might still have value just for keeping the enemy from getting off a nuke.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I could see a new meta team with her, Okoye black5 and Peggy yellow5 blocking all powers of 7 or more with massive pre-emptive attacks from her Red5
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kitty and BRB can nibble her away. Clash of Worthy and Practiced Offense cost only 6 ap. You also have to look out for Circuit Breaker exploding occasionally. Then her passive starts dealing only 1 damage as each turn begins.

She needs some strong teammates to pull it off.
  • Michael1957
    Options
    Kitty and BRB can nibble her away. Clash of Worthy and Practiced Offense cost only 6 ap. You also have to look out for Circuit Breaker exploding occasionally. Then her passive starts dealing only 1 damage as each turn begins.

She needs some strong teammates to pull it off.
    Granted 1 or 2 powers may be a 6 and get through but if you focus on starving just 1 or 2 colors needing  5 or 6, she will do enough damage as other colors accumulate. Naturally take out those low power users first and clean up is easy for the remaining 
  • Michael1957
    Options
    Her red5 lowers threshold to 9 before passive counter strike , Peggy yellow 5 adds plus 4 before triggering a power, so no power could actually fire unless passive before she pre-empts it. 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I could see a new meta team with her, Okoye black5 and Peggy yellow5 blocking all powers of 7 or more with massive pre-emptive attacks from her Red5
    This would be great against enemy teams that rely on active powers.  But gritty, brbitty, bishop, he/worthy, and IH would all curbstomp this team using passives and <8ap powers.  And okoye will struggle to stay healed without a yellow battery.
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I kind of like Yelena PVP as it encourage players to use a rainbow team with actives power that cost less than 11 AP. It would be good if this concept can be further explored to have a extra event that recommend to let you build specific team to meet specific condition. I know this idea has been mentioned before in the forum but I guess Yelena PVP is the closest we get (beside certain Alliance boss and PVE boss etc)
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yelena is now in Latest Legends.

Mister Sinister is now in Classics. 

We should expect Apocalypse to replace Havok in Latest 2 weeks from today, unless something changes. 
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Did Yelena just hit my Thor with her passive -During- my god-mode turn? Wow.   
    EDIT: No -> 
    I must have gotten a match including one of 3* Daredevil's Ambush traps, along with 2x Yelena's Boosted strikes on board. Ouch.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I been playing Britty-Yelena in sims. I am quite impressed with her. She suppressed the enemy AP well and help prevent damage. Her passive generate strike tiles, which is buffed by Kitty. She also provided a purple outlet for the team; when I boost blue/purple it feeds BRB and Yelena ability. So no wasted ap. 
    I also wondered who I would target in a  mirror team. Probably kitty to prevent her from buffing tiles, but that leaves Yelena to suppress ap in the long game. 
    She’s a really good third wheel. 
  • Bad
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Yelena is great on pve. With just 1 cover! of top of the class as I enabled with 500 shards, she can perform a great job denying all big enemy powers on challenge nodes.
    If I had her fully covered enemies would panic.