***** Yelena Belova (Black Widow) *****

Options

Comments

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,915 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

What a headache. Man, I wish we had more control and could target. That way we could manipulate the AP a bit more in the way we want and add more of a puzzle element to the game. Kind of like Rogue’s green. That’s such an awesome power as you get to choose what character’s strongest you want to fuel for your own team. This definitely hurts her imo. And she wasn’t strong to begin with.

• Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2020
    Options

I noticed against Thorkoye it was moving AP into blue. I thought blue was 3* Widow's weakest color, but nope, it is yellow. Seems like it pickes the best match value for each color from the whole team combined, then looks at the highest and lowest of those. The only way to have those two the same would be against goons, no?

In a way, that's better for pvp. This way it depends on the pair of 5*s she's fighting against (and on their levels, but that's true anyway) and not on which 3* or 4* is featured.
    Still makes it more complicated since 5*s can have wildely differing levels...

(stupid markdown, now I need to think of * here as well as on discord...) :D

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2020
    Options

So it's the "weakest-highest color'?

Is

(1) identify the highest match damage for each color across the whole team; then

(2) of those six highest match damages, identify the lowest one.

That makes sense in terms of programming since the game calculates the values for (1) as a matter of course, but it's in no way apparent from the text.

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Thanos said:
    Ok, played with her a bit and she''s not very good. Her red is by far her best ability and does nothing to stop BRB from firing his blue. By the time you get seven purple the majority of their strongest color is off the board and the traps just sit there. The color conversion from strongest to weakest bites you in the **** alot, (It is indeed BRB green to blue). Green, as expected, is near worthless. Her high match damage and lower health means she dies alot from tanking. I didn't enjoy making this video and probably won't make any more, although I'll consider team requests.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i434e5mx2gw

Thanks for the video. I actually think this gives a better showing of what Sinister can do over Yelena. Also that 2nd match shows off why she will be bad in this Meta.

I was fairly impressed by Sinister in those fights actually. Yelena not so much

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx said:

So it's the "weakest-highest color'?

Is

(1) identify the highest match damage for each color across the whole team; then

(2) of those six highest match damages, identify the lowest one.

That makes sense in terms of programming since the game calculates the values for (1) as a matter of course, but it's in no way apparent from the text.

"Weakest tanked colour" is how I've been thinking of it. Which makes it even more annoying that there's no way to see the overall match damages for a team unless you're currently running it in a match.
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    OJSP said:
    "Weakest tanked colour" is how I've been thinking of it. Which makes it even more annoying that there's no way to see the overall match damages for a team unless you're currently running it in a match.
    I check them at the boost selection screen before we tap the "fight!" button.

But that still requires comparing each individually. What I'm talking about is a single, "at a glance" chart for the team as a whole.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2020
    Options
    So her pasive applies strictly to damage level numbers that each player must calculate at his own believing . That is really tricky.
    If it was the base damage of the enemy team, that would involve player knowledge too but it would be more predictable than now, and the player could up and down the level of the pasive if it would cause negative effects.
    So the way is right now, an outstanding power is just unpredictable.
    If devs dont fix this skill something says me this character will not be popular. 
    Right now on scl10 it seems nobody is trying to rank high for her shards.
    Edit: now if the pasive could swap AP to yellow or purple that are colours less populars, either randomly or chosed by player a la havok, then things would change for the best.
  • Mitchslap
    Mitchslap Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Is it the reason that it's Yelena and not Natasha that people disregard the fact that this is the 6th Black Widow in the game? With Immortal Hulk I saw a ton of people complaining that it was "just another" Hulk.
    At least his powers are special, interesting and strong. 

Here we get a character that shouldn't be 5* with 4* powers and 0* Artwork.

I understand that because of the movie this character would have come anyway but I could have waited until the actual movie release, I'm extremely disappointed. 
    There are tons of strong female characters that deserve a 5* spot in the game and Yelena is not one of them.
    Why is there still no Crystal in this game even though there is already art for her thanks to Lockjaw?

Sorry for the rant but the Hulk/Black Widow Hypocrisy set me off a little.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Mitchslap said:
    Is it the reason that it's Yelena and not Natasha that people disregard the fact that this is the 6th Black Widow in the game? With Immortal Hulk I saw a ton of people complaining that it was "just another" Hulk.
    Only one hulk can be on your team at a time, this Black Widow will be able to be on a team with the Natasha Black Widow.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mitchslap said:

Here we get a character that shouldn't be 5* with 4* powers and 0* Artwork.

I understand that because of the movie this character would have come anyway but I could have waited until the actual movie release, I'm extremely disappointed. 
    There are tons of strong female characters that deserve a 5* spot in the game and Yelena is not one of them.
    Why is there still no Crystal in this game even though there is already art for her thanks to Lockjaw?

Sorry for the rant but the Hulk/Black Widow Hypocrisy set me off a little.
    My outrage was spent on the PVP reward shift......

I think anytime there is a tie-in we all mostly accept it at this point, even if it's the second 5* Cap or whatever.

But people will always complain.  I personally don't mind at all that they made a new 5* Hulk, as I never expect them to do anything with Banner.  Others decide to be mad that the art on the set of abilities they release shows Hulk instead of Darkwing or whatever.

We will be getting a LOT of non-tie-ins for the foreseeable future as the MCU is on hiatus (who even knows if BW will actually release in November at this point?) and comics are also in a holding pattern, but maybe they'll do some tie ins there if things pick up.

I suppose when Agents of Shield's final season starts up they might have a tie-in there, but those should mostly be new to the game if they did one.
  • Bad
    Options
    Complaining reach his peak on the Facebook page. Is amazing how they can do it on every and each release.
    Iterations are usual on every gacha game. They release it for to keep fans happy, for saving work or for simply marketing reasons.
    A good exemple of this is fire emblem on where all principals have at least 6 .
    This is not the case. Its needed to watch the film to know it.
    And last day survey was for choosing new characters with our vote on a huge list. Not all games do this.
  • 658_2
    658_2 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2020
    Options
    At 6:20 of the video, Spycraft goes off and BRB/Kitty/BW green goes down and black goes up. Spycraft went off mid cascade and the match before was blue so maybe that’s why it looked like blue went up. Was working as intended vs Thorkoye too (~2:25), green went down blue went up. Character blog said explicitly the ap converted was useless unless running a rainbow team.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Then where is green coming from?? It should be yellow right? The weakest character’s weakest color.

That's not how I would expect things to be calculated.  The team's strength in a colour is based on which non-stunned/dead character is strongest in that colour.  The team's weakest colour will be the lowest of these numbers.

Think of it as "the colour that would do least damage if they made a match-3 with it".  That's unlikely to also be the "weakest character's weakest colour".

• TPF Alexis
    Options
    Mitchslap said:
    Is it the reason that it's Yelena and not Natasha that people disregard the fact that this is the 6th Black Widow in the game?
    7th, actually. There's a Romanoff at each of the 5 tiers, and then Belova has 1and 5 star versions. Which gives her the biggest gap between versions of anyone in MPQ. Previously held by Juggs and Venom with their 1/4 splits.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I’m finding her red power , Okoye boosted, is a death wish for AP hoarders like Chavez. And when the PvAI goes off on one of those 30 to 40 AP cascades it’s suicidal 
  • Bad
    Options
    Right now on pvp and on her description, her pasive changed to any colour, instead of strongest colour. 
    We have been heard and now she is really good.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bad said:
    Right now on pvp and on her description, her pasive changed to any colour, instead of strongest colour. 
    I think you are mis-remembering her passive, it is the same as it was when they announced her.

The passive always looked at the "most AP" color vs the other two which look at strongest color and convert to weakest.
  • Bad
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    Bad said:
    I think you are mis-remembering her passive, it is the same as it was when they announced her.

The passive always looked at the "most AP" color vs the other two which look at strongest color and convert to 
    It could be. Its messy sometimes 
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    I've been playing around with the Loaner in her PvP as well, and having a lot of fun. I don't think she's going to be top tier or anything, but she is fun, her animations are great, and that red passive is surprisingly effective. I have been able to tag team her purple and Sinister's blue reasonably well, too, which is cool.