Update to S.H.I.E.L.D. Training

Options

Comments

• Mrcl25
    Mrcl25 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Options
    @Demiurge_Anthony

It would be very cool if new characters were introduced with a small, non competitive story event featuring the character. 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,966 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Posting here again for Demiurge_[Bagman] what I wrote in the Maria Hill thread:

For Shield Training maybe instead of awarding a full random cover if you happen to fully complete all nodes (ie have all 3 required characters at 209), it could be changed to award shards. Say 100 shards for completing the L50 (top) row, 100 more shards for the L110 (middle) row and 200 more for finishing the L209 (bottom) row. That would give out a full cover worth of shards for those who could complete the event (a bit better than a random cover) and give enough partial shards for players with lesser rosters that they could earn a cover worth of shards faster rather than get nothing if they don't have all 3 characters at 209.

KGB

• jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    Options
    maybe have the event built more around the new character. have a few more nodes with a loaner so you get a good feel for the character rather than just the one off.

maybe mix the characters in the opponents teams so it's not the same every time.

thank you for communicating. now put the suggestions to good use...
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 441 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Can we all be adults here and be honest? Like the support pve event the reason this is being removed is because you guys don't want to spend the extra resources to design/run it? 

Why don't you remove Lightning Rounds while you're at it? Oh wait, nvm that one doesn't even have any decent rewards to justify participation. 
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,722 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm fine with it being gone. I like that I now can concentrate shards on better feeders or the best characters. I appreciate too that the chances to win the covers has increased anyway. Feed some of those other lost resources into other areas that were awarded for ST and I'm happy to never see it again. You can do the same to four of the nodes in DPD if you like too.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,667 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Whilst I never really jumped through the hoops for the chase to 209, it is clearly obvious that having that incentive drives player engagement. I can't honestly think of a single reason to even bother getting Maria Hill following this announcement. She appears low tier at best, I can skip her 4* essential node and hopefully do the 5 instead and still complete my goals. Players more motivated than me are going to need a reason to chase these new characters for in game purposes so whatever you come up with you still need to make it that champing 4* matters when it clearly doesn't seem to any more starting with Maria minus the meta few.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I’m disappointed that shield training is being taken away. I’ve certainly been cross in the past when I haven’t been able to get the required character to 209 in time but IMO that doesn’t require pulling the event. 

What does it mean for me? I guess it takes the pressure off the 4* tier. I no longer need to chase them up to 10 covers and level then to 209 so they’re all shield-training ready. Maybe that’s a good thing, I can use my iso for my 5*s instead. On the other hand I get less resources which is a bit of a theme at the moment. 

Overall I see this as a negative right now. I like the extra resources and will miss getting that bump even if it isn’t massive. Maybe in the medium term I will see this as a good step but with the drop in resources, no solutions to dilution, disappearance of more and more events, homogenisation of gameplay in the 5* tier and the time commitment required to play CL10 I’m not sure I see myself still being here in the medium term. 
  • RentedPanda
    RentedPanda Posts: 95 Match Maker
    Options
    One thing I would like is 4 star shards as progression, so if you cannot complete it (assuming the revised event has some gating) you get a good chunk of the new 4 to combine with the bits you get from the other intro events
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 581 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Good morning, no news yet. But! Taking to heart the critiques of "remove first, ask questions later." Sounds dumb on my part (Removing SHIELD Training was my call, not D3 or Demiurge at large). 

Thinking on how to balance a lot of this feedback. Thanks. 
    Wow, hats off to such honesty, it's not easy to stand in front and say it's all my fault.

I genuinely hope you find that balance (I know there's a lot we dont have any insight into), and I'd like to ask that you might think on applying that newfound balance to support circuit.
    That was also an axed event that never seemed to get the "re-evaluation" it was promised. We can start a new separate feedback thread for that as well if you wish.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,667 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The other thing that honestly perplexes me about all of this is why do we not have more 4* PvP? If we had a greater percentage of 4* PvP then it would make the 4's more relevant because you would need them at high levels rather than just parked at 209 or below. After Maria's PvP we will never see it again - bam, she is immediately irrelevant. Yet players are hanging on to and in some cases even making copies of 3* characters. Surely the largest category of characters should feature across the bulk of the game? And there is zero amount of "new content" required - just make it so every season the players have a reason to use their 4's as the tier is so bloated.

Or am I as mad as shopper expecting to be able to buy some hand soap?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,338 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    The other thing that honestly perplexes me about all of this is why do we not have more 4* PvP? If we had a greater percentage of 4* PvP then it would make the 4's more relevant because you would need them at high levels rather than just parked at 209 or below. After Maria's PvP we will never see it again - bam, she is immediately irrelevant. Yet players are hanging on to and in some cases even making copies of 3* characters. Surely the largest category of characters should feature across the bulk of the game? And there is zero amount of "new content" required - just make it so every season the players have a reason to use their 4's as the tier is so bloated.

Or am I as mad as shopper expecting to be able to buy some hand soap?
    For a while they ran 4* PVPs pretty often.  In December they even ran some interesting stuff like Evergreen, Festival of Fights etc.

Since then, just plain ol' vanilla 3* PVP.

I hate pick-3 PVP at this point, but 4* PVPs could be interesting.  I suppose the main problem is that even now there are lots of players (esp newer ones) who barely have 4's covered in general, just the main meta ones and therefore are put off by 4* pvps?  Or maybe they are running same ol' same ol' since SCL10 is still pretty new and they wanted to analyze the data/engagement with a focus on the rewards incentives over any other variables.  Pushing out more 4* PVP would change things a bit, I guess?