Grand Experiment 2: Treading Water in the SCL 10 Post-Shardpocalypse

Comments

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Will you wait to see what the 5* after Knull is? To see if it better fits your roster? 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I mean I’m trying to get everyone to baby champ status, so I have a hard time letting Colossus drop out at 8-10 covers too, but I might. At least to see who shows up in that special store. I’ll definitely pull till Cyclops leave, and hopefully to get at least one Knull to roster though.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah makes sense. I imagine pulling extra covers for Wanda would be a good thing if rng is unfavourable. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited May 2021
    Pulled a Yellow for Colossus, and burned 500 shards on a cover for his black so he's now 4/1/4 with 50 shards - that seemed safe since 4 more blacks will just finish the character, and i'd be in trouble on yellow or blue anyway. I started dumping iso into 5Witch, she's basically a 3* Flip away from being done, so I'm grinding on Hulk for another 6 covers to just be done with it.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Ok 5Witch is champed I'm really enjoying her in pick-2 with Apocalypse as a vacation from grinding Hulk teams, and in Pick-3 with BRB/Apocalypse. Now that I can play with her spec, I'll see if I can come up with any more imaginative teams for her. 

Still no movement on Sighclops though. I did pull an organic Mordo that put my 5trange up to 12 covers, so I'll probably chase him after Bolt. Mordo is at 335 now, so I'll have to take him to 344 to finish 5trange assuming he isn't featured again in that time - he's 100 shards out of sync with the champ rewards. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Finally pulled a Sighclops; looks like he’ll be featured one more time also, so that’s good news. He’s currently 1/2/5 with 2.5 shard covers (will be 3 at the next feature). Can I land two more? We shall see...
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I was able to nab a few last minute pulls this morning, but no dice on Sighclops as he dropped out for Knull. I did geta yellow for Colossus though, so he's now 5/1/4 with 300 shards. I ended up applying my shards on Sighclops to yellow, so his current build is 1/4/5 with 290 shards. I'm hopeful that last feature on the next event actually happens so I can complete that 11th cover, but I'm skeptical at this stage it won't turn out to be somebody else.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Landed a green for Knull. Current latest crop:

Colossus: 5/2/4 with 300 shards
    5Witch: 5/3/5 lvl 451
    Knull: 0/1/0

Current Favorites
    Bolt: 4/5/1 with 414 shards
    Medusa: lvl 333
    3* - I've been walking these around to flip characters rather than using it on Kamala

Once I get this next Bolt from direct shards, I'll move that over to Sighclops to wrap him up and let Medusa finish Bolt. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Will you be pulling for Colossus or will you let him leave LT and shard him later?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I only need one more organic pull, and then I'll be able to finish him with featured progression shards, so I'm still pulling at the moment. If I am able to get that last cover, I'll stop till 5Witch drops out.
  • HoundofShadow
    I thought it's pretty risky. It's an additional ~21 pulls.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Maybe; I've been pulling pretty sparsely lately, so it "feels" like RNG owes me a hot streak here soon to balance things out. But if i'm already looking at 4-ish months for Sighclops, doing the same for Colossus when he is still reasonably available seems like it's worth it to me. It's not like 5Witch levels aren't worth having, it could definitely be worse there.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Pulled a Black for Knull this morning, 1/1/0. I'm 9,800 iso from champing Gambit, who even unchamped at level 450 slots into my roster in front of champed level 450 Thano5 and Thor, presumably due to alphabetical order rather than any power comparison. This is probably pretty obvious, but it's the first time I've seen it happen since I don't typically level up characters until i can champ them all in one go, but I was using Gambit to generate purple for Puzzle Gauntlet and his health was way too low to last the fight out. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    The predicted hot streak has been all Knull so far. Pulled another black today. Picked up 20 bolt shards yesterday from the store too, he’s 50 shards from a direct cover. Sighclops is now 1/5/5 with 90 shards from the Webbed Wonder progression. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Got a champ level for 5Witch, she’s at 452. I also got that direct shard cover for Bolt who is now 5/5/1. 16 more Medusa covers and he’ll be finished up. After that I’ll move my 4* over to Mordo to get that final cover I need for 5Trange (8 to go).  I moved my 5* shard over to Sighclops.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Landed a black for Collossus, 5/3/4 with 300 shards. I’m going to stop pulling Legendary until 5Witch drops out now unless it looks like there won’t be one final Colossus feature.

current Latest:
    colossus: 5/3/4, 300 shards
    5Witch: 5/3/5 lvl 452 with 180 shards
    Knull: 2/2/0 with 280 shards

Ronan: 0/0/0 with 275 shards (NeW)
  • HoundofShadow
    You can get another 50-150 Colossus shards in about two weeks time from pvp placement rewards. That will cut down the number of shards needed to champ him via LT pulls. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited June 2021
    Ideally he will be featured as progression in PVE after that and I’ll just be done with it, but we’ll see
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Havok is champed; feels like it took longer than usual to grind the iso. Anybody have any good teams for him?
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Havok is champed; feels like it took longer than usual to grind the iso. Anybody have any good teams for him?
    In Sims, I was trying out P5X, Colossus and Havok.

Full rainbow coverage for match damage, with active for green, red, blue, black and purple. 

I reconfigure P5X to 3/5/5 to maximise his damage resistance. That’s a whopping 75% dmg reduction. 
    For havok l, I have him spec at 5/4/4. I try to fire colossus black first, giving enemy two strike tiles. Then I fire Havok green so that I can remove the strike tiles and increase the green damage. Havok red generates blue charge tiles, which amplify Colossus massive match damage. 
    Not a fast team, but it has lotsa options