Comments

• WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Another unuseful character  "almost nobody" was looking for  :s
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Northstar seems an odd choice over Guardian (or even Puck) for the first Alpha Flight hero and it is sort of weird his powers reference another character who doesn't exist in game although I guess Aurora might appear a bit like Lockjaw's blue does for Crystal and Karnak as in-game art.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    MrEd95 said:
    Those poor Canadians. Surely there must be someone more worthy of icon status...nice leotard though 😁
    I mean.. we already have 2 deadpools, sabretooth and like 5 wolverines (clones included), what more could you want? 😛

As a UK resident, I personally would like some more representation from the British Isles. Currently, we only have Psylocke, Wolfsbane, Spider-Woman and Blade; the last two of whom I didn’t even know were British until about 2 minutes ago, when I searched up British marvel characters

Snowbird could be an interesting character mechanically though, if we are to have more Canadians
    We're all about captain underpants in Britain mate, don't you forget it 😉
    Oh and bananaman

Next you'll be wanting Danger Mouse!

On a serious note it would be pretty call if we ever got Miracle/Marvelman in game.
  • WEBGAS
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Northstar seems an odd choice over Guardian (or even Puck) for the first Alpha Flight hero and it is sort of weird his powers reference another character who doesn't exist in game although I guess Aurora might appear a bit like Lockjaw's blue does for Crystal and Karnak as in-game art.
    Who cares of the in-game arts?
    They create PVE like a race against time for placement, so almost everyone have disabled the animations
  • WEBGAS
    edited January 2020
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    WEBGAS said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Who cares of the in-game arts?
    They create PVE like a race against time for placement, so almost everyone have disabled the animations

I care and not every player is you.
    Of course not..... but  as long as the game (PVE) requires a fast clearing (if a player wants to be competitive)
    we cannot loose time to watch those ones I think are the best part of the mechanic: the animations.
    I regret being forced to turn them off, but since I am a top10 PVE player I had no choice (other than to quit the game for good). 
    This is only one of the reasons, I am asking for a PVE with progression rewards only.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,294 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I forgot to note earlier that Northstar's black is unusually specific in knocking down a target's second-strongest color.

Who, oh who is insanely good at collecting their second strongest color and using it to stun you into oblivion?

So....Northstar is an attempt at a Bishop counter?  Takes him airborne and removes a few of those 30 AP he's gathered by the time you do it?   :D
  • djperry1973
    djperry1973 Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Options
    There must be a purpose why he's converting target strongest colour to teamup tiles instead of your own strongest colour. 

It will help accelerate Okoye's bonus damage (not that this really needs accelerating, but still)
  • bluewolf
    edited January 2020
    Options
    There must be a purpose why he's converting target strongest colour to teamup tiles instead of your own strongest colour. 

It will help accelerate Okoye's bonus damage (not that this really needs accelerating, but still)
    I suppose it's thematic to make him bring in someone (via Teamup) since one of his major "powers" involves having to touch his sister.

And it does assist those players who are starting out and only have black Okoye covers, or just a couple yellow.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    bluewolf said:

I suppose it's thematic to make him bring in someone since one of his major "powers" involves having to touch his sister.

And it does assist those players who are starting out and only have black Okoye covers, or just a couple yellow.
    It shows you how out of touch I am with modern Marvel coz I thought the twins lost that power ages ago! Then again...he was dead too so obviously things change!
  • bluewolf
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    bluewolf said:

I suppose it's thematic to make him bring in someone since one of his major "powers" involves having to touch his sister.

It shows you how out of touch I am with modern Marvel coz I thought the twins lost that power ages ago! Then again...he was dead too so obviously things change!
    Heck, don't quote me on the light thing being current comic canon.  I still need to read the new X-men books and haven't picked one up in years.
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    MrEd95 said:
    Those poor Canadians. Surely there must be someone more worthy of icon status...nice leotard though 😁
    I mean.. we already have 2 deadpools, sabretooth and like 5 wolverines (clones included), what more could you want? 😛

As a UK resident, I personally would like some more representation from the British Isles. Currently, we only have Psylocke, Wolfsbane, Spider-Woman and Blade; the last two of whom I didn’t even know were British until about 2 minutes ago, when I searched up British marvel characters

Snowbird could be an interesting character mechanically though, if we are to have more Canadians
    Oh and bananaman
    Oh man! I forgot all about bananaman! I used to love watching that and reading the comics as a kid
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    bluewolf said:

Heck, don't quote me on the light thing being current comic canon.  I still need to read the new X-men books and haven't picked one up in years.
    There was something something no longer dead something something battle Ancient Beasts something something  ta-dah Northstar as far as I understand so it probably is current. I guess Wolverine gets to kill him in game now in Enemy of the State!
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    MrEd95 said:
    MrEd95 said:

Oh and bananaman
    Oh man! I forgot all about bananaman! I used to love watching that and reading the comics as a kid
    And the cartoon voices were The Goodies!!!!! So much awesome!
  • carlj64
    carlj64 Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    MrEd95 said:

Oh and bananaman

On a serious note it would be pretty call if we ever got Miracle/Marvelman in game.
    Indestructible
    Captain Scarlet
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The primary play-up use I see for him is that he makes 1 extra team up tile for the board over Okoye for 1 less yellow AP, which could make a decent difference for getting her started in the absence of Gladiator Thor, and he gives you a black outlet if you need one on a team with her (there are plenty of other good black outlets, just saying he has one).

3* Characters that may like him:
    Quicksilver? match blue, use it to earn yellow/clear lines, decide whose black you like better situationally for board control or enemy team control, then use Northstar's yellow to make sure you have the team ups for QS to freeze. Not sure that's awesome, but i think it might be interesting to play on a Burrito node for funsies

4* Characters that explicitly like team ups (but may not otherwise care about Northstar): 
    Coulson
    Cyclops

5* Characters that explicitly like team ups:
    Okoye
    Panther 

For me I could see myself attempting his use as an Okoye powerplant, but not much else. My MMR being what it is, I don't see him being in a position to survive a fight to even do that un-boosted though for a long long time.
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    carlj64 said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    MrEd95 said:

Oh and bananaman

Indestructible
    Captain Scarlet
    Or maybe the Thunderbirds, complete with a new affiliation
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2020
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:

If a 5* Danger Mouse gets introduced, and is not the Strongest, Quickest, AND Best, what are we even doing here?

If we're demanding dangerous mice, I'm going to have to throw my hat in the ring for Count Duckula then.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2020
    Options
    He will be great for certain boss events with that destroy row ability.

That ability is also very good against goons in PvE.  

Should pair well with Vulture. Can keep Vulture airborne nearly infinite while Vulture generates a ton of blue.