New Feature in R191: Mighty Tokens

1235»

Comments

• Chameleon
    Chameleon Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    KGB said:
    Dogface said:
    tiomono said:
    Nice. I always thought this is what elite tokens should have been.
    Imo what heroics should have been
    I whole heartedly agree with this.. there really wasn’t a need for a new set of tokens.. these odds should have just replaced the heroic tokens... heck they were already in events and rewards.. just adding a more rare currency for a game that doesn’t need any more currency 
    That would be impossible to do because those of us who have hundreds or thousands of heroics would get an insane benefit by having all the 2* removed from our hoards.

No matter what they had to create a new token similar to how they have 2 sets of support tokens at every tier.

KGB
    Yes, but they could have implemented a new set of heroic tokens like they did with support tokens.  Then the old Heroics would go away once people spend them.  I guess it could have been confusing for some, though.
  • Projectus2501
    Projectus2501 Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    I look at it as 3000 hp = about 5 5* shard purchases = 20% of a (colorless) 5* cover of the character I want, if I am patient.

This bundle gets me 15% of a latest cover of unknown color, plus a little more than half a 4* and some smaller stuff.

Pretty close value, though not as good as the 1500hp offer minus the mighty tokens (to me).
    It gets you more than that... It gets you 4*s, 3*s and 2*s that give you cp hp and other resources. All summed up it might give you more that 20% of a 5*... The calculation is not easy
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Mighty Tokens yielded 3*, so not a great start to our relationship together. The first moments together were so exciting, so sparkly and new but they went by in a flash! Then I started to notice the little things. This all seems a bit familiar... like they hadn't updated their Facebook status? Are they ashamed of me? Is that why I only rate 3*? I'm good enough to meet their 4* friends! They had better make more time for me or this just isn't going to work.
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    I look at it as 3000 hp = about 5 5* shard purchases = 20% of a (colorless) 5* cover of the character I want, if I am patient.

This bundle gets me 15% of a latest cover of unknown color, plus a little more than half a 4* and some smaller stuff.

Pretty close value, though not as good as the 1500hp offer minus the mighty tokens (to me).
    It gets you more than that... It gets you 4*s, 3*s and 2*s that give you cp hp and other resources. All summed up it might give you more that 20% of a 5*... The calculation is not easy
    True, I previously calculated that 3*'s are worth 8.85 hp's, and 0.43 cp's, plus a small number of tokens worth additional rewards.  and 4*'s are worth more than that obviously. I didn't dig further because they are close enough in value that its personal preference in my mind, and not apples to apples.

And I do feel comfortable saying I'd rather have the old bundle which I always insta-bought to this new one that I'm on the fence for.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    i checked the reward structure (SC7) for the modok pvp and there wasn't a mighty token in the progression rewards. there's a gap between the 1000 reward and the 1200 reward. 1100 progression, wow, what a perfect place to put the mighty token.

no point in putting out a new token if there is no way to get it. maybe it's in SC8 or 9? can anyone confirm?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,238 Chairperson of the Boards
    jredd said:
    i checked the reward structure (SC7) for the modok pvp and there wasn't a mighty token in the progression rewards. there's a gap between the 1000 reward and the 1200 reward. 1100 progression, wow, what a perfect place to put the mighty token.

no point in putting out a new token if there is no way to get it. maybe it's in SC8 or 9? can anyone confirm?
    No, it's certainly not in 8 or 9.

Who knows when they will put them into actual rewards.....  I don't think it'll be soon though.  Maybe in December after they sell a few more MT bundles.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    jredd said:
    Why would you value a "possibly a random 4*, but probably a random 3*" token higher in the progression reward table than the guaranteed non-random 4* cover?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I agree with this ^. I push to 900 and tap out immediately, even though i could generally get to 1000 or 1100 with some effort. If there were a token floating in that reward gulf, I might swim out more.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    jamesh said:
    jredd said:
    Why would you value a "possibly a random 4*, but probably a random 3*" token higher in the progression reward table than the guaranteed non-random 4* cover?
    jhawk basically said it already, but here's my cliffs notes: i'd rather get something for getting to 1100 points rather than nothing.

i'd also like ways to get things they introduce in the game. like supports. why introduce something if we cant get them?
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    So will we ever be able to ‘earn’ a Mighty Token? Or is it purchase only?
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Loosie said:
    We are waiting for these or be “earnable” just like the costumes we were told that would be “earnable”. 
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Loosie said:
    We are waiting for these or be “earnable” just like the costumes we were told that would be “earnable”. 
    They're earnable in that you go out, you get a job, you work, then they pay you, then you pay d3 for the costume.  *Earned*