New Feature in R191: Mighty Tokens

Options

Comments

• Chameleon
    Chameleon Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Seems OK. I mean it's more of the same but it reveals a new investment in the game as we did not see in a long time 

I don't want to seem negative but I'll wait to see the distribution of the tokens in the game because usually devs just replace old content with new content but no real gains (extra rewards) come to the players. Shards just replace bh for instance....

Also, I don't understand how for so many releases we did not see any improvement and now we see 3 modifications in one release. Shouldn't they be more disperse? I mean it's good but I'm just not used to it and great modifications like the new screens are overrun by shards for instance...

Anyway, good try devs. Keep up the efforts and we will get there 
    I think they invested a lot of time in the anniversary stuff so it kept the rest of this from being acted upon as quickly.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Kahmon said:
    IceIX said:

With R191 will also come a new token type which is sandwiched between the current Elite Tokens which give 2 & 3-stars and Legendary Tokens which give 4 & 5-stars.
    Currently between elites and legendarys are heroics.
    By description, mightys would come between heroics and legendarys.
    Since there is no mention of heroics, it begs the question, what is happening to heroics from here on?
    Elite gives 2 and 3 stars
    Mighty gives 3 and 4 stars
    Legendary gives 4 and 5 stars

Heroics are on a different schedule. An equivalent token there would be something that gave out 3, 4, and 5 stars.
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Shall we presume that when Mighties are added as rewards that they are replacing "lesser" rewards instead of being "in addition to"?
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    IceIX said:

Heroics are on a different schedule. An equivalent token there would be something that gave out 3, 4, and 5 stars.
    Well....now that you put this thought out there.... ;)
  • Chameleon
    Chameleon Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Options
    IceIX said:
    Kahmon said:
    IceIX said:

With R191 will also come a new token type which is sandwiched between the current Elite Tokens which give 2 & 3-stars and Legendary Tokens which give 4 & 5-stars.
    Currently between elites and legendarys are heroics.
    By description, mightys would come between heroics and legendarys.
    Since there is no mention of heroics, it begs the question, what is happening to heroics from here on?
    Elite gives 2 and 3 stars
    Mighty gives 3 and 4 stars
    Legendary gives 4 and 5 stars

OOOOOOOOOH! 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,293 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don’t really understand why there would be a Thor-specific token, but I’ll take it. 😉
  • Friarbundy
    Friarbundy Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    Options
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This could make transitioning to 3* land even faster.

As far as availability is concerned, I think it will be roughly half the availability of HT because the rate for 4* is 1/16 in Heroics and Mighty's rate is 1/7. I find it unlikely that it will be as common as HT, but if it does, they might take away a few things from the reward tables.

Thanks for allowing new players to shorten their transition time to 3* and 4* land.  
  • MoonKnight
    MoonKnight Posts: 63 Match Maker
    edited November 2019
    Options
    I like the new token, but my biggest concern now is dilution of reward types. There are only so many PvE nodes to clear and PvP fights to win. Many players, like myself, are not even close to post iso, and I don’t want these tokens (or shards) taking the place of iso. If we are getting rid of standard tokens above certain SCLs and Shield Ranks, I’ll be happy.
  • Vins2
    Vins2 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Options
    A lot of those iso800 prize rewards can be consolidated, with mighty/elites replacing them, or combining and pushing all rewards downward.  Like for infinite pursuit

15000 pts - 300 iso
    16500 pts - 300 iso
    18000 pts - 300 iso
    19500 pts - beast cover(s)
    22000 pts - 300 iso
    24000 pts - 300 iso

There's lots of wiggle room to just clump a lot of iso rewards together,  and put a mighty somewhere in there.   2 wins in pvp/ 50 pts already gets you 800 iso.  

There's also a chasm of potential reward thresholds between the 4* cover at 900, and the cp at 1200.  The riso at 1000 is borderline pointless.  
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 581 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So this will come with it's own store... what will that be like? Visible only with a token like elites, or always there and able to purchase like heroics? What will the cost of it be, if it's the latter? Will it have daily deals too?

Will they be included in intercepts?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Good stuff, thanks guys!
  • leoperez90
    leoperez90 Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Options
    I've been thinking with the release of shards and now the mighty tokens. 
     Are we gonna get a few of each when they're first release? 
     Are they adding new ways of getting the mighty tokens/shards? Or are we just gonna have to win/grind them out. 

Adding something similar but different like lighting rounds to get each of them would be a pretty cool way of getting them. 

One last thing, I know supports are on hold. But bring them back I was enjoying them towards the end plus I liked how we got additional resources with those pve. I know they're not for everyone but I'm sure there are ppl who did enjoy them.
  • Welforj1
    Welforj1 Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options
    When, when, when, how about less rabbit and more action... 😇 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Welforj1 said:
    When, when, when, how about less rabbit and more action... 😇 
    "Soon" (tm)
  • jtmagee
    jtmagee Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    Options
    @IceIX would it be safe to assume that I can hope to see that Mighty tokens are eventually implemented into rewards and progressions via SCL rank/level?
  • Venomous
    Venomous Posts: 224 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yes!!! This is actually the thing I suggested every time there was a player poll. Feels good they listened to it. I am sure I wasn't the only one with the idea for this, but still a good feeling,.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A nice change that should have come a fair while ago. 
  • Captain_Carlman
    Captain_Carlman Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Awesome!  I am way more excited about this than the new Shard system, honestly.
  • carlj64
    carlj64 Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options
    So long as they're not launched as a 1/10 bonus chance with support tokens.