New Feature in R191: Mighty Tokens

Options

Comments

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,713 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think they will be placed over 1200 points as theoretically it’s of more value than the 15cp. I think people in their heads have slotted these reward tokens lower than I can see them being placed.

They would be much better placed lower down for transition 3 to 4 but I just don’t see them doing it. I hope they don’t move the 575 cp too.
  • Tony_Foot
    Options
    OJSP said:
    Tony_Foot said:
    I think they will be placed over 1200 points as theoretically it’s of more value than the 15cp.
    I'm not so sure. I think it's not worth more than a guaranteed 4* cover at 900. I can see them changing the 575 reward to this token and move all the CPs back to 1200 like how it was with just the LT there.
    Fair point, I think moving the CP would be a huge mistake for transition players. I relied on that so much when I was trying to go from 3 to 4. Even now if they moved that to 1200 I think I’d just stop playing pvp.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2019
    Options
    I think for PvPs, MT will be placed in placement rewards, up to top 25 placements in SCL 9. The best scenario is that Mighty token will be placed at 45 wins in progression reward. For PvEs, I think it will placed in both progression and placement rewards. 

Putting it in vault seems very likely and 3* covers are likely to be replaced with MT.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,309 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2019
    Options
    I don't think they should put a 85% 3* at 45 wins (maybe 950 pts?) for PVP.  A better place might be to swap the Featured PVP token at 850/36 wins for this one.  PVP engagement is on a downward slope, so putting the token in progression is maybe more likely than not.

Re-jiggering PVP rewards (as well as PVE) is long overdue and I wouldn't be surprised if MIGHTY TOKENS! show up in PVP rewards before they go into PVE.

Once they get into PVE, I wouldn't be surprised if it's placement only, or pretty high in the progression table.

It would be odd to put them into PVE vaults; maybe in some of the other ones (5* release, 41 item vaults, etc).  PVE vaults are all specific covers besides the LT which has obvious value, and the Support tokens.  But vaults with Elite/Heroics, you could see them switching one of the Heroics or something out.
  • Tony_Foot
    Options
    So if they go high in placement that will do nothing for the players trying to transition and just add champ levels for the already top players. Seems like a waste.
  • bluewolf
    Options
    I’d love to be wrong. But a guaranteed 3, possible 4 is pretty high in their reward valuation. 
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It's a 3*, possible 4*, cover. Looking at it like that, it would be between 800 and 900 in pvp. But those are specific characters covers. Token giving a random one, I could see it being a bit lower.

It should definitely help transitioning players. And if reworking all the events and/or champ rewards is not the opportunity to cut short a little the time it takes to transition, I don't know when it would be. :)
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    My reasoning for putting it at 45 wins are:

1) A guranteed 3* or 4* cover doesn't give the players 13 3* shards and 3 4* shards, but MT does.

2) The value of potentially higher rewards are higher than guaranteed rewards. For example, I remember they did some update to some specific vault rewards(?) or there was some kind of new vault and they replaced 2* with Elite tokens(?). I'm not sure if anyone remembers it or I remembered wrongl

3) The rewards in PvP progression are pretty tight up till 40 wins. I will probably throw up if they put it at 60 wins.

4) The rate of getting 4* are much higher than PVP tokens, almost twice.

I read that most players stop at 575, so they might replace the token at 650 with Mighty Tokens. Regardless, it's a welcoming addition for 3* and transitioning 4* players
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My reasoning for putting it at 45 wins are:

1) A guranteed 3* or 4* cover doesn't give the players 13 3* shards and 3 4* shards, but MT does.

2) The value of potentially higher rewards are higher than guaranteed rewards. For example, I remember they did some update to some specific vault rewards(?) or there was some kind of new vault and they replaced 2* with Elite tokens(?). I'm not sure if anyone remembers it or I remembered wrongl

3) The rewards in PvP progression are pretty tight up till 40 wins. I will probably throw up if they put it at 60 wins.

4) The rate of getting 4* are much higher than PVP tokens, almost twice.

I read that most players stop at 575, so they might replace the token at 650 with Mighty Tokens. Regardless, it's a welcoming addition for 3* and transitioning 4* players
    I don't foresee specific event tokens disappearing from PVP, especially at 650 Points or 19 wins. I could see them adding a carrot on either side of the Red ISO (50 wins) to encourage people to slug it out in PVP just a bit more. There are events where if I've went win only, 10 more wins is not a hurdle at that point once I float down from teams hammering on me.
  • Twomp_thaDJ
    Twomp_thaDJ Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Dogface said:
    tiomono said:
    Nice. I always thought this is what elite tokens should have been.
    Imo what heroics should have been
    I whole heartedly agree with this.. there really wasn’t a need for a new set of tokens.. these odds should have just replaced the heroic tokens... heck they were already in events and rewards.. just adding a more rare currency for a game that doesn’t need any more currency 
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2019
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    ...PVP engagement is on a downward slope, ...
    Not to derail the thread but you have a source on this or like some numbers? PvP is what I like the most, so interested in your info. Thanks.
  • bluewolf
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    ...PVP engagement is on a downward slope, ...
    Not to derail the thread but you have a source on this or like some numbers? PvP is what I like the most, so interested in your info. Thanks.
    You know, maybe it's not going down in terms of brackets.  I looked at the past 3 seasons or so for SCL 7-9.  Each had 3 SCL 9 brackets, 2 SCL8, 3 SCL7.  About 8000 other players in the various unfilled brackets.

I do know scores seem to be on average lower for overall placement (T100 alliances).  And I personally get annoyed more lately than ever with PVP with the addition of the Worthy/HE meta.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,941 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dogface said:
    tiomono said:
    Nice. I always thought this is what elite tokens should have been.
    Imo what heroics should have been
    I whole heartedly agree with this.. there really wasn’t a need for a new set of tokens.. these odds should have just replaced the heroic tokens... heck they were already in events and rewards.. just adding a more rare currency for a game that doesn’t need any more currency 
    That would be impossible to do because those of us who have hundreds or thousands of heroics would get an insane benefit by having all the 2* removed from our hoards.

No matter what they had to create a new token similar to how they have 2 sets of support tokens at every tier.

KGB
  • bluewolf
    Options
    So, when will these show up in game?

Is there a bundle coming soon?  A pending pve or pvp to launch them?  Maybe some champ reward rework like at 144 in the non-Limited 2’s?
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    So, when will these show up in game?

Is there a bundle coming soon?  A pending pve or pvp to launch them?  Maybe some champ reward rework like at 144 in the non-Limited 2’s?
    If I had to guess, I'd say the first PvE or PvP to start now that R191 is live.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    The first sighting of Mighty Token: Mighty Resupply, at a price of 3000 HP.

4 MT = 1500 HP or 375HP per MT.

I bought it.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    Options

I bought it.
    How do you calculate that? Wasn't it 3000 HP for 9 elite, 6 heroic, 4 mighty and 1 legendary? Instabuy btw
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Dogface said:

I bought it.
    How do you calculate that? Wasn't it 3000 HP for 9 elite, 6 heroic, 4 mighty and 1 legendary? Instabuy btw
    The previous Resupply had a 1500 HP cost for the same items minus the 4x Mighty Tokens.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    Options
    RickOShay said:
    Dogface said:

I bought it.
    The previous Resupply had a 1500 HP cost for the same items minus the 4x Mighty Tokens.
    Didn't remember that. Would never have paid 375 for a mighty token, but this offer was too good to pass over.
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I look at it as 3000 hp = about 5 5* shard purchases = 20% of a (colorless) 5* cover of the character I want, if I am patient.

This bundle gets me 15% of a latest cover of unknown color, plus a little more than half a 4* and some smaller stuff.

Pretty close value, though not as good as the 1500hp offer minus the mighty tokens (to me).