IceIX and Brigby Updates

Comments

• tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Though the anti bishop crowd is loud; @IceIX please be aware not everyone has an issue with bishop. Don't give into the hysteria.

Playing the class of PvP I'm leaving a bishop team out and getting alot of reds. I'm hitting every bishop team and not losing. During 3* PvPs nobody runs bishop as a 3rd.

#savebishop
    I run bishop as a 3rd in 3* versus events. I also see other teams doing the same.

Not all of the "anti bishop crowd" want a nerf. I just want characters that will deal with his fast ap gain vs low level 5* champs. 

Do not exaggerate and call it hysteria when players are upset that there is a character that generates 8 ap to their 3 every turn. While doing double their match damage as well. It's not hysteria to want a solution to a character that often allows his team to have 10 blue ap before they even move any tiles.

#fixthebishopmeta, #countersnotnerfs
  • tiomono
    This one was derailed long ago. It was not ice answers your questions. You can't stop the overclock.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    To be fair I wouldn't say it was derailed because Ice did say that if we had something MPQ related to ask him instead of Brigby.
  • tiomono
    shardwick said:
    To be fair I wouldn't say it was derailed because Ice did say that if we had something MPQ related to ask him instead of Brigby.
    Good point. 

/walkstocornermutteringoverclocked
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    shardwick said:
    I don't mind you asking, especially since there has been not much of official feedback about that discussion (if at all), but I'm pretty sure we don't need to repeat the whole debate here ;)

Anyway, just my 2 cents, don't want to be too mini-moddy (is that even an adjective).
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    DeNappa said:
    shardwick said:
    I don't mind you asking, especially since there has been not much of official feedback about that discussion (if at all), but I'm pretty sure we don't need to repeat the whole debate here ;)

Anyway, just my 2 cents, don't want to be too mini-moddy (is that even an adjective).
    Yeah, I agree, especially when there have been so many other threads about Bishop.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Latin trolling? Boom!
  • tiomono
    @DAZ0273

That made me laugh pretty hard.

/whisper He also punishes the sin of 5* players matching 3 tiles.
  • AXP_isme
    Is it only me who thinks this guy is the spitting image of John Le Mesurier?
  • tiomono
    AXP_isme said:
    I dont know who that is. But it just occured to me how odd that saying is. "Spitting image".
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2019
    tiomono said:
    AXP_isme said:
    I dont know who that is. But it just occured to me how odd that saying is. "Spitting image".
    Apparently "someone who is so similar to another as to appear to have been spat out of his mouth", 17th century English originally... started as "the spit and image" or "the spit" for short, gradually morphed into "spitting image".
    John Le Mesurier is best known for playing Sergeant Wilson in the beloved British WW2 sitcom "Dad's Army".
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    CNash said:
    tiomono said:
    AXP_isme said:
    Apparently "someone who is so similar to another as to appear to have been spat out of his mouth", 17th century English originally... started as "the spit and image" or "the spit" for short, gradually morphed into "spitting image".
    John Le Mesurier is best known for playing Sergeant Wilson in the beloved British WW2 sitcom "Dad's Army".
    I don't know about y'all, but I ain't never spat anything out of my mouth that even remotely resembled me. I always figured it was something about making people do a spit take ;)
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    CNash said:
    tiomono said:
    AXP_isme said:
    I don't know about y'all, but I ain't never spat anything out of my mouth that even remotely resembled me. I always figured it was something about making people do a spit take ;)
    You'll have to try harder, I guess.
    Remember, if you put your mind to it, you can do anything (Except pull a Rank 5 support :wink:)
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    CNash said:
    tiomono said:
    AXP_isme said:
    And they are bringing back Spitting Image after all this time! Hooray! 
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-49865406

Speaking of satire, I miss the HP Suck guy.... 

• AXP_isme
    Daveomite if I remember correctly. The art on those HP suck posts was amazing. 

Back on topic: Dad’s Army is an inexplicably popular sitcom where a bunch of old men and idiots pretend to be neither as old nor as idiotic as they clearly are.