IceIX and Brigby Updates

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
edited September 2019 in MPQ General Discussion
As you've probably noticed, I've been posting a lot more in the MPQ forum and Brigby a lot less. This is because Brigby is working more on MtGPQ to give it some TLC while I take (re-take?) more charge of MPQ communication. Doesn't mean that Brigby isn't still involved in the game, just that his focus is elsewhere.

Basically, expect to see me around more here, and if you need something MPQ related that you'd normally poke Brigby about, poke me instead. If it's general forum related he's probably still the best one to talk to though. I may have been the master of the old PHPBB, but he's got this Vanilla Forums stuff down.

Comments

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    @IceIX how do you feel about dilution and it's impact on the game in its current state?

• jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,081 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX said:
    Same way I felt about it before Bonus Heroes and 4-stars were starting to balloon into an uncollectable mass. It's something that has to be dealt with but touches so many other systems that changes need to have care taken. Dilution (in 4 and 5 star land) are definitely things we have ongoing talks about.
    I wonder if ISO crunch is something that comes up when you have these discussions. With each new character release these resources are depreciating and there has been no raise in the minimum wage so to speak to compensate. Any thoughts you are at liberty to share on that matter? 

Honestly, it pertains to every resource in the game other than red iso. I’m sure that’s a much larger topic to try and dissect though.
  • jp1
    IceIX said:
    Nothing that I'm at liberty to share, but Iso crunch (and the flipside, Post-Iso) is something that comes up too.
    Thanks for the response anyway. Glad to know it is being discussed at least.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX said:
    Nothing that I'm at liberty to share, but Iso crunch (and the flipside, Post-Iso) is something that comes up too.
    No rush on the post-iso thing...I'm working my way towards hitting 9999999.  Another 1.8 million to go.
  • jp1
    bluewolf said:
    IceIX said:
    No rush on the post-iso thing...I'm working my way towards hitting 9999999.  Another 1.8 million to go.
    Must be nice. Grinding out ISO is my biggest annoyance in the game. I’ve got two five stars waiting to be champed, 15-20 4 stars with over 20 covers saved each waiting to be champed, I flipped my 3s and it took me like 4 months to champ them all again, it takes every ISO I can muster...including lightning rounds just to collect enough champ rewards to keep up with releases. 

All of that and I’m a spender to boot. Hate to know what it’s like for FTP folks.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    jp1 said:
    bluewolf said:
    IceIX said:
    Must be nice. Grinding out ISO is my biggest annoyance in the game. I’ve got two five stars waiting to be champed, 15-20 4 stars with over 20 covers saved each waiting to be champed, I flipped my 3s and it took me like 4 months to champ them all again, it takes every ISO I can muster...including lightning rounds just to collect enough champ rewards to keep up with releases. 

All of that and I’m a spender to boot. Hate to know what it’s like for FTP folks.
    Be glad you have stuff to use iso on.
    I've been champing dupe 4s for a year and still can't get below 12 million of the stuff.
    ISO crunch is a lot better than dilution, because you get it by playing, so eventually you'll have enough of it.
  • jp1
    I don’t really understand why having a surplus of ISO is a problem to be honest. You are guaranteed to be able to immediately champ every character as soon as they are covered. That’s a pretty nice position to be in.

Of course having been under the crunch for as long as I can remember at this point, I have zero perspective on how it might feel to have 12 million sitting in the bank. So, I’m only speculating...maybe I would be frustrated with it as well.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards
    @IceIX
    Any talks about lowering roster spot costs after you hit 300?  Not there yet, but read that it bumps up to 2000hp.

Also, with the talk of iso (crunch/post) will there be an adjustment to the upper limit of SHIELD rank?
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is there any truth to the rumor that this change comes after Brigby allegedly took someone's piece of cake from the company break room without asking?
  • Waddles_Pines
    Alright stop, collaborate and listen @IceIX is back with my brand new edition
    but does he go crazy when he hears a hi-hat with a souped up tempo?
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    What if it's both?  Dilution is so bad I feel like I'm post-ISO, because I'm waiting on covers to champion characters at all tiers.  I'm closing in on 900K which is obviously a drop in the bucket if all the stars aligned, but it's a weird feast-or-famine design to go from feeling like I actually need to play lightning rounds to pick up another few hundred ISO to get someone championed (obviously, pre-saved covers) to wondering when I'll actually get around to be able to finally use ISO again.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    IceIX said:
    Same way I felt about it before Bonus Heroes and 4-stars were starting to balloon into an uncollectable mass. It's something that has to be dealt with but touches so many other systems that changes need to have care taken. Dilution (in 4 and 5 star land) are definitely things we have ongoing talks about.
    A good start while trying to figure it out would be to take the "for veterans" shield training and stop constantly requiring new characters that you need a miracle to come anywhere close to actually avoid being locked out.  A while back I asked why am I killing myself trying to meet the bar set when no matter how much I play I can't come anywhere close to the bar set.  So now instead of being someone that came in and did everything in pve I am now someone who logs in, does the deadpool daily and a little more and close the app and goes to do something else.

I appreciate the extra free time to do other stuff but I try to assume that despite your actions you don't actually want to chase your player base away
  • Waddles_Pines
    IceIX said:
    @IceIX
    Any talks about lowering roster spot costs after you hit 300?  Not there yet, but read that it bumps up to 2000hp.

Also, with the talk of iso (crunch/post) will there be an adjustment to the upper limit of SHIELD rank?
    It does go up yes.Honestly haven't heard talk about that changing right now, but given that the number of people that have reached that level is starting to increase I'm sure it'll be a subject of conversation soon. SCL increase is a whole other related but different ball of wax. There have been discussions there about the SCL situation in general, not only for SCL10 and such but also early game. Nothing to report there yet.
    Thanks for answering @IceIX, I was referring to the SHIELD Rank bonus (the number on the upper left of the menu screens, the one that gives you ISO when you rank up), not SCL, I think there's a max to that as well (is it 200, 225,or 250...).

All your comments are much appreciated... I remember when you were running the boards years ago... wow I've played this game for too long hahaha... 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Could we ever see a modified version of the Latest 12? And is the gauntlet dead and not coming back?