IceIX and Brigby Updates

Comments

• theomen
    theomen Posts: 99 Match Maker
    edited September 2019
    @IceIX thankyou for your answers! It's really good to know what is being talked about. May I ask if are there any plans to rebalance some of the older 5*s to bring their stats inline with newer characters? Also, do you know if Wasp will ever get a rework?
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    jp1 said:
    bluewolf said:
    IceIX said:
    Nothing that I'm at liberty to share, but Iso crunch (and the flipside, Post-Iso) is something that comes up too.
    No rush on the post-iso thing...I'm working my way towards hitting 9999999.  Another 1.8 million to go.
    Must be nice. Grinding out ISO is my biggest annoyance in the game. I’ve got two five stars waiting to be champed, 15-20 4 stars with over 20 covers saved each waiting to be champed, I flipped my 3s and it took me like 4 months to champ them all again, it takes every ISO I can muster...including lightning rounds just to collect enough champ rewards to keep up with releases. 

All of that and I’m a spender to boot. Hate to know what it’s like for FTP folks.
    I'm FtP and ISO positive, with almost all 4* champed (got a couple waiting on that 13th cover) and 5 5* champs. I'm not entirely sure how I managed it, but it is apparently possible.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    jp1 said:
    bluewolf said:
    IceIX said:
    Nothing that I'm at liberty to share, but Iso crunch (and the flipside, Post-Iso) is something that comes up too.
    No rush on the post-iso thing...I'm working my way towards hitting 9999999.  Another 1.8 million to go.
    Must be nice. Grinding out ISO is my biggest annoyance in the game. I’ve got two five stars waiting to be champed, 15-20 4 stars with over 20 covers saved each waiting to be champed, I flipped my 3s and it took me like 4 months to champ them all again, it takes every ISO I can muster...including lightning rounds just to collect enough champ rewards to keep up with releases. 

All of that and I’m a spender to boot. Hate to know what it’s like for FTP folks.
    I'm FtP and ISO positive, with almost all 4* champed (got a couple waiting on that 13th cover) and 5 5* champs. I'm not entirely sure how I managed it, but it is apparently possible.
    If I would stop quitting the game then coming back then I'd probably be there too.
  • Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 328 Mover and Shaker
    IceIX said:
    Same way I felt about it before Bonus Heroes and 4-stars were starting to balloon into an uncollectable mass. It's something that has to be dealt with but touches so many other systems that changes need to have care taken. Dilution (in 4 and 5 star land) are definitely things we have ongoing talks about.
    Have you guys thought about some DDQ like pve at which’s end the player can choose his reward from the pool of chars? Like for example reward is a 4*, I’m missing f.e. Sam Wilson, so I choose him. Would at least help people get the 4* for essentials

• BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    I have one. The last three times MR&G have been ran my game freezes after the 2nd clear of the 5E. I put a ticket in but no luck.

Went from 9th in clears to 22nd by the time my game would actually boot. Has anyone else had any issues with this?
  • MathiasTCK
    MathiasTCK Posts: 66 Match Maker
    cl10 plz, give vets and whales some challenge in pvp, and lets try the occasional 5 star pvp, pull the unused classics into pvp rotation, and give newbs a taste of what a 5 star pvp loaner plays like.
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    @IceIX are older 5's still getting an update? Some like phoenix, black suit spider Man and hulk really need some attention.

Just curious if this is still a thing? I can understand it not happening with 4's at this point. 
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,081 Chairperson of the Boards
    @IceIX - If the vaulted twelve had 6 latest and 6 rotating classics (perhaps as the seasons change) then it could be helpful for dilution, or am I missing something?
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX said:
    shardwick said:
    Could we ever see a modified version of the Latest 12? And is the gauntlet dead and not coming back?
    A latest 12 thing would certainly help with some people's issue with pulling newer characters, but wouldn't do too much to combat overall dilution. It's on the table, but no plans at the moment. Gauntlet isn't dead per se, but would need reconstruction to really succeed at this point, if only from reviewing a rewards standpoint.

thedarkphoenix
    said:
    @IceIX are older 5's still getting an update? Some like phoenix, black suit spider Man and hulk really need some attention.

Just curious if this is still a thing? I can understand it not happening with 4's at this point. 
    Overall character balancing is something we've been actively discussing. It's a rough thing to push at the moment though with much of our effort currently going towards the Anniversary and what follows into the Holidays. Never say never, but I wouldn't expect anything very soon.
    My idea for a modified "latest" system would be the latest 8 characters plus letting each player have four open spots so that they can decide who they want to focus on and who they want to vault.
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 594 Critical Contributor
    personally, i like the idea of different LL token stores. you could theme them - for example;

Mutant/Avengers/Villians/spider-verse, etc. store which costs 25cp, and has only those themed 4stars, and whatever 5s.  you could either rotate them, or have them clearly marked in the stores. This seems the most easily managed way to get a more targeted cover attempt. Maybe you could have this rotating, for a week at a time?

• thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    IceIX said:
    shardwick said:
    Could we ever see a modified version of the Latest 12? And is the gauntlet dead and not coming back?
    A latest 12 thing would certainly help with some people's issue with pulling newer characters, but wouldn't do too much to combat overall dilution. It's on the table, but no plans at the moment. Gauntlet isn't dead per se, but would need reconstruction to really succeed at this point, if only from reviewing a rewards standpoint.

thedarkphoenix
    said:

Overall character balancing is something we've been actively discussing. It's a rough thing to push at the moment though with much of our effort currently going towards the Anniversary and what follows into the Holidays. Never say never, but I wouldn't expect anything very soon.
    Really appreciate that response, thanks!
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    To add another voice to the chorus, thanks for taking the time to share your responses, @IceIX .  It's always appreciated.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor

I do have a question that I’m almost afraid to ask, but I’m going to put it out there. Is the Bishop problem for 5* players something that is on the company’s radar at all? We have several threads here discussing him and while he works great in his tier, I find matches against him unplayable as a 5* player. He literally sucks the enjoyment out of the game (I can go deeper into the “why” if needed, but if you’ve already read the threads I don’t need to rehash here), and as more and more people realize he is either a defensive win or autoskip, more people are playing him. Literally any insight you could give into your thoughts on him would be greatly appreciated!
    I don't think the playerbase should be afraid to ask a question like this. It's a serious problem that's only getting bigger, and the next three Class of 201X PVP's will exacerbate the issue immensely. Sadly, these events should be celebrations of characters that were released during these years but instead will be Kitty/Rocket/Bishop exploitation fests. I would challenge the devs to monitor engagement during these events versus other events that don't allow the use of 3 pick-your-own toons.

Insight into whether the devs think Bishop is an issue or not would be valuable information.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,081 Chairperson of the Boards
    Of course, by now everyone knows where I stand in regards to Bishop. It would be great to know if it’s a topic that’s on the table or not though...since we could finally put it to bed on the forums.

Like everyone else good, bad, or indifferent, I greatly appreciate the communication as of late. It’s been awesome to have some insight about what’s happening and what isn’t.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Though the anti bishop crowd is loud; @IceIX please be aware not everyone has an issue with bishop. Don't give into the hysteria.

Playing the class of PvP I'm leaving a bishop team out and getting alot of reds. I'm hitting every bishop team and not losing. During 3* PvPs nobody runs bishop as a 3rd.

#savebishop
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Though the anti bishop crowd is loud; @IceIX please be aware not everyone has an issue with bishop. Don't give into the hysteria.

Playing the class of PvP I'm leaving a bishop team out and getting alot of reds. I'm hitting every bishop team and not losing. During 3* PvPs nobody runs bishop as a 3rd.

#savebishop

And some people were ok with tapping...