Coordinating alliance reorganization

mischiefmaker
mischiefmaker Posts: 932
edited April 2017 in MPQ Alliances
Based on the sentiments I'm getting from my alliance, and what I've been seeing in the alliance thread, it seems like a lot of alliances are going to be seeing some turnover after season one. It also seems like many alliances have been dealing with the same problems: alliance hopping, finding good long-term fits, getting the right level of social interaction, getting the right level of grinding/shielding, etc.

Under our current system, everyone will try and recruit the best players they can get, potentially kicking some people out who then have to scramble to find another alliance, repeat several times, and then at the end there will still be some people who aren't a great fit for the alliance they're in. We can do better! If we coordinate, and everyone is realistic about their expectations and desires, then we can find good fits for everyone.

To that end, I've created a doc for alliance leaders to fill out: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... 0UFE#gid=0

The idea is that each alliance should decide how casual or competitive they want to be, and fill out the columns accordingly. Then, you should figure out how many, if any, of your members don't fit your profile, and then you can find them new homes! Nobody gets left without an alliance, everyone finds a place they fit in without feeling like they're getting dragged down by dead weight or grinding harder than they'd like.

(Mods, I would love it if we could get this stickied. Thanks!)

Comments

• You know with a name like MischiefMaker... You would think you were more in line with Loki (up to no good) than with Fury (planning ahead).

Good on you for putting this together.

Thank you. (even if not everyone will share the sentiment)
  • Joined the group
  • quadiak
    quadiak Posts: 177 Tile Toppler
    listed my alliance

thanks for putting this together, although I think a more appropriate title might attract the proper readers. maybe craigs list for alliance recruitment? lol
  • Do you not see his username? The man is manipulating you into tearing your alliances apart based on a series of arbitrary data points.

At least, I hope he is.
  • user311
    user311 Posts: 482 Mover and Shaker
    Maybe an additional thread or doc where people can put in their final season points so that the commanders can try to cherry pick in the background. Unless one already is in existance.
  • This is a great idea! Much more organised than the sprawling "recruiting" thread for Alliances!!
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    i listed my alliance.. really good idea..
  • Yep. Really brilliant.
    My alliance is listed as well since few hours.
  • I added __Underscore__ as we are in need of one player now.
  • FittedKitchens added to the sheet yesterday. We need two players.
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 533 Critical Contributor
    Added Dormammu U.

No spots at the moment but good to be in the database for future openings.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I saw that sneaky 11 font ScarFighters, marked it down to 10 icon_e_wink.gif
  • danikalil
    danikalil Posts: 502
    I saw that sneaky 11 font ScarFighters, marked it down to 10 icon_e_wink.gif

Damn, you caught us! But marking it down to 6 was very, very bad of you...up to 10 again icon_e_smile.gif
  • I saw that sneaky 11 font ScarFighters, marked it down to 10 icon_e_wink.gif
    And you don't even seen what I've done before !
    Blue faded background...White font...yeah too original I guess...

Let's stick to White & Black, we are in a working place...sure icon_rolleyes.gif

I think I stay too long time in the CareBears thread sometimes icon_lol.gif
  • Added my alliance to the list. This seem like a nice idea.
  • X-Poles added.
  • Hmm... I see.... you are sneakily trying to get your grubby hands on our top secret, massively detailed Ace of Blades planning documents!

Perhaps we will send OTERSEY over to fill your form in with his top secret, semi-Russian, impenetrable SUPER CODE!

(Spreadsheet is a nice idea BTW)
  • This is a really good idea and well-timed. Added Hubris. We're looking for players who are willing to do the bare minimum so we can all get paid! Kind of like government work.
  • I noticed SteamSlackers had gotten moved down towards the bottom, which was fair since we weren't recruiting anymore. But since we've got slots open now i figured there out to be a little more order to the list icon_e_smile.gif

I added a new column, "J" to make it a little easier. If you do a "sort by J and then by A" and make both alphabetic, it will move all the alliances with "Yes" for openings to the top, the "Maybe"s next, and the "No"s to the bottom. Each subset is then sorted by name alphabetically. (If anyone can think of a more fair way to do the sub-sort, please suggest it.)

If people just do the sort on a regular basis, especially when switching their own alliance back and forth from "No" to "Yes" then it should make things a little easier for everyone.
  • Just updated to reflect that Double Trouble is recruiting! We have one open spot!