R183 Release Notes (7/22/19)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

Here are the Release Notes for the R183 update!

R183!
  • "Stop! Hammer Time."
What's Changed:
  • If Doctor Strange cannot fire the power 'Eye of Agamotto', then a message will now be displayed informing the player why it cannot be activated.

Comments

• Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Is Iceman yellow still getting fixed in this update?
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    This would have been a good clue for Hela as someone who stopped hammer time...

Beta Ray Bill?
    Cap+Mjolnir?
    or
    Wrecker?
    Malekith?

• Neoktheone
    Neoktheone Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Justin Hammer? Or maybe Norman Osborn (a 4 star green goblin would be nice). Or ‘just’ a 4 star Thor?
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    I feel the “worthy” in iOS patch notes and “hammer time” here are probably the misleads, since Thor is the better known character tied to hammers and worthiness. “Stop” is in both places, and Juggernaut is known as unstoppable. Or that’s a mislead too and it’s the stop sign reference that lead to 5* Doctor Octopus. I’m on board for a 4* Doctor Octopus (Into the Spiderverse). Not as much for a second 4* Thor, though a Beta Ray Bill would be fine. However, Juggernaut is worthy of an upgrade, and Juggernaut (Breaker of Stone?) certainly fits. Or would it be called Juggernaut (Kuurth)?
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    How about the Unstoppable Colossus?

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mysterio was supposed to be fixed in the prior update.  Does anyone know if that happened yet?

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/78964/mysterio-purple-devs-aware#latest

• MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    The hammer could be a reference to lightbringer, which was weirded by the A-Force Thor in Secret Wars, Alison Blaire, A.K.A Dazzler Thor. 5* Dazzler confirmed?

In all seriousness though, I think it’s most likely either Lebowski Thor or Worthy Cap as a 4*, but it could also be Ronan the Accuser
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe some Infinity Warps characters are coming to MPQ?

• ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    MrEd95 said:
    The hammer could be a reference to lightbringer, which was weirded by the A-Force Thor in Secret Wars, Alison Blaire, A.K.A Dazzler Thor. 5* Dazzler confirmed?
    This does actually fit the clues better than 90% of the previous Dazzler guesses...and 75% of the actual releases. :)
  • 0_Fahrenheit
    0_Fahrenheit Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Hope is a 4* worthy cap, connected with the Avengers Endgame Dvd/bluray release.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    So we have "Stop! Hammer Time" and "Try to stop this worthy one and add him to your roster, coming soon!"

Worthy and hammers generally means Thor. An Unworthy Odinson would be cool, but I feel like it would have been timely to make him a 4* during the days when Jane was Thor in the comics. Could have been cool to see the Odinson with a Destroyer arm and Jarnbjorn to fight alongside our 4* Thor.

Beta Ray Bill is a popular second guess to Thor himself. 

But as pointed out, both clues say "Stop", the second one being "Try to stop." So worth + hammer + stop all kinda points at one character.

Fear Itself gave us Cul Borson, The Serpent, and Norse God of Fear. And he had 8 hammers that were given to "The Worthy" to serve as his heralds. Those characters included Sin, Grey Gargoyle, Absorbing Man, Titania, The Hulk, The Thing, Attuma, and the Unstoppable Juggernaut.

Sounds an awful lot like we're getting a 4* Juggernaut (some subtitle that refers to this version of the character). Could be "Breaker of Stone", could be "Kuurth", but it could also be as simple as "Fear Itself" (though I like the first two better, since they're titles rather than the name of the event).

Awesome to see a new version of Juggernaut, interesting to see them go for a different style. I think many would be happy if they just gave us "Juggernaut (Cain Marko)" even if he looked similar to his 1* counterpart. Going with THIS version instead is gutsy.

Hope he's good. We've been waiting on a "not-1*" Juggs for a long time.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    It got to be Captain America (End-Game) with the hammer. 
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    It got to be Captain America (End-Game) with the hammer. 
    I guess he could do this all day, and not be stopped.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Stop, hammer time! Is clearly an MC Hammer reference. His real name is Stanley Kirk Burell. Stanley= Stan Lee. 6* Excelsior Stan confirmed.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    What if it's a reference to H.A.M.M.E.R.? 4-star Norman Osborn? Victoria Hand?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,388 Chairperson of the Boards
    "Stop. Hammer Time!" - lyric from "Can't Touch This", co-written by Rick James, known for his single "Brick House." Who fights Thor, and often looks like he's made of bricks?

4* Absorbing Man confirmed. #PleaseHammerDontHurtEm

• Coubii
    Coubii Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    MC Hammer entering MPQ ! U Can't Touch This!
  • peterdark
    peterdark Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    Coubii said:
    beat me to it
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    peterdark said:
    Coubii said:
    beat me to it
    Hammer Pants support, limited time. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,388 Chairperson of the Boards
    #Proper.