R183 Release Notes (7/22/19)

13»

Comments

• Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 428 Mover and Shaker
    I wouldn’t be surprised by a power like Hulkbuster’s red that uses all of the ap in its colour and does damage based on the amount spent. The description would say something like “he hits harder if he gets a longer run-up”.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    Hopefully we’ll get an update soon from Brigby :)
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    PiMacleod said:
    I'm almost expecting 4* Juggs to be immune to stun.  It would be an anti Bishop thing to do right now
    It would be an interesting twist if they took that to a new level - not *just* immune to stun, but with a passive that includes something like:
    Unstoppable
    You can't stop the unstoppable, so you better not try if you know what's good for you!" If Juggernaut would be stunned, instead that stun is applied to the character who attempted to stun Juggernaut. 

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    PuceMoose said:
    PiMacleod said:
    I'm almost expecting 4* Juggs to be immune to stun.  It would be an anti Bishop thing to do right now
    It would be an interesting twist if they took that to a new level - not *just* immune to stun, but with a passive that includes something like:
    Unstoppable
    You can't stop the unstoppable, so you better not try if you know what's good for you!" If Juggernaut would be stunned, instead that stun is applied to the character who attempted to stun Juggernaut. 

That would probably be at rank 4 or 5 if they did it.
  • Razuhlui
    Razuhlui Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    zodiac339 said:
    PuceMoose said:
    PiMacleod said:
    Unstoppable

That would probably be at rank 4 or 5 if they did it.
    This would be the second Character beside Sabertooth to rampage about Britty
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2019
    In the entirety of the game, we have the first 5 (Silver Surfer) who is unstunnable as a passive, and Doc Ock who can't be stunned with a tentacle tile out.  

Making a 4 unstunnable.....would be interesting, but is extremely unlikely (maybe with some conditions, like a CD being out or something).

Looking forward to seeing how Juggernaut will bring the pain.

There have been times where we saw the characters in game (covers show up in the event rewards once it opens for pre-join) before we saw anything on the forum........
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not recently though. Haven't the threads been filled with praise about the advance information last month or so (I'm thinking Battle in the Basilica jumps to mind) so this is a little unusual.
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2019
    The team is out to a convention, probably making it harder to get updates authorized for the forums
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    RickOShay said:
    The team is out to a convention, probably making it harder to get updates authorized for the forums
    <SNARK level turned to 11>

Because, you know, the release of Juggernaut was a complete surprise to everyone and nobody could have anticipated needing to have a release post pre-written and ready to upload from any mobile device anywhere.

<SNARK level turned to 0>

I'm sure we'll be able to see it in-game Thursday!  :)
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    A passive Juggernaut stun would be best tied to AP accumulation in his 3rd color (what ever that might be). Something like:

"Unstoppable - Once Juggernaut gets moving he's impossible to stop"
    1 Cover: If Juggernaut's team has 8 or more AP in color X he is immune to stun
    2 Covers: 7 or more
    3 Covers: 6 or more
    4 Covers: 5 or more
    5 Covers: 4 or more

I'd also like his Headbutt to do carry over damage to the next character (at 5 covers) if the one he headbutts is downed. That would be thematic (esp against low level goons in wave nodes where you could kill 2 or 3 with one headbutt) and make his Headbutt that much more valuable than the 1* edition.

KGB
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,388 Chairperson of the Boards
    Taking thematics of it being juggernaut away, what could you do that actually would neuter bishop? Is it in fact the stun that's the biggest problem, or is it the AP gain? Or is it the clap-back damage? Is he an actual problem away from Gritty teams?

You'd think Dazzler would be the perfect counter, is she just not being adopted because she's too niche? I guess IS she actually being adopted and I just don't see it because of my MMR? My Dazzler is only 278, and I can't really use her with my 5* teams since she shares too many colors with my 2 champs (doom and GRRR) and never tanks anything. 

Disabling passives outright seems like something that would have to be a 5* ability to me, I would be shocked if something like that hit the 4* tier
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 631 Critical Contributor
    Dazzler not tanking (and herself needing specials in play to work) meant she was completely displaced by Bishop in anti Grocket teams. But the mirror matches tend to go poorly.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,388 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2019
    Yeah, she seems to be particularly well suited to countering similarly leveled Bishops to me; I like her with Valkyrie or XFDP since any kind of friendly special works, and if she's tanking, they get made right then, she does her stun, and you're off to the races. She just needs to get out front...

But since I am exclusively seeing Bishop in the company of Gritty in the simulator, it is always: Dazzler eats a hit if I can put her in front, bishop gets stunned for maybe a turn. Kitty does the thing. Dazzler maybe can get in front one more time. Is she dead? maybe? fight's over.