R183 Release Notes (7/22/19)

Comments

• Falconfreak
    Falconfreak Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    I would love to have 4* Juggy in the game. He's too great a character to be left to 1* land forever.
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 488 Mover and Shaker
    Leaning towards 4* Juggernaut seeing as we're getting a new X-men themed pvp. 

But any hammer-wielder from Fear Itself would be awesome too. 
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would love to have 4* Juggy in the game. He's too great a character to be left to 1* land forever.
    They should have added him during sinister six and pasted a horn on his head ad called him Rhino for kicks. 
  • Falconfreak
    Malcrof said:
    They should have added him during sinister six and pasted a horn on his head ad called him Rhino for kicks. 
    Why not both? Rhino, Electro, Shocker would all be fun to add to the game. Hobgoblin would be great as well!
  • Projectus2501
    Projectus2501 Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    So many releases... Wish I had more time to upgrade and play with all the existing ones. Dilution is a pain.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    Professor x because I put professor x and worthy into google and it says he wielded the hammer in X-Men 69. 

Thats my go at pretending.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    5* MC Hammer incoming
  • Razuhlui
    Razuhlui Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    Stop it's H.A.M.M.E.R. Time says Deadpool within the Deadpool vs. MPQ. 5* Deadpool confirmed 
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looks like Facebook broke the news early...
  • Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Instagram announced the new Juggernaut (Fear Itself) as the new character. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wow that seems a strange choice to pluck out of the air for 4* Juggs. Admittedly I thought Fear Itself was pretty terrible so I'm biased but feels more like this would have been a costume?

Still, if they are gonna have some left field stuff like this then maybe we could get some interesting twists.
  • Falconfreak
    Any 4* Juggy is a welcome addition. I just hope he's more useful than Mysterio.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I expect tiles destruction or match-4 related abilities, ignoring of protect tiles, charged tiles.  B)
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards
    I expect tiles destruction or match-4 related abilities, ignoring of protect tiles, charged tiles.  B)
    No repeaters? No traps? No repeating traps????
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wouldn't expect charged tiles, but some combination of the rest seems likely. Maybe some protect tiles of his own or passive damage reduction to show how "unstoppable" he is, could be interesting to mix that with ignoring protects.

I just thought of something that could be interesting (and almost certainly won't be part of the character just to spite me). It would be cool if Juggernaut made protect tiles, and then could ignore enemy protects based on how many or how strong his own were. So the more protects he has, the more Unstoppable he is (both because his protects deflect damage, and because he gains the ability to bypass damage reduction), it would be cool to see more escalating mechanics like that.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2019
    I find brute strength characters like Juggernaut don't resonate with traps and repeaters.  :D

I think a new but niche ability would be that opponents will always receive full damage of his attack. So characters like Rogue, SMIW, Colossus will not take reduced damage to showcast "unstoppable". Or characters who like to jump in front will receive twice the damage.  >:)

Protect tiles are pretty underrated in the game, so Juggernaunt could help elevate them a little as well.
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Is it bad that I kinda hope that one of his powers is just a massively beefed up version of headbutt? just deliverering an appropriately large ton of damage?
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards
    MrEd95 said:
    Is it bad that I kinda hope that one of his powers is just a massively beefed up version of headbutt? just deliverering an appropriately large ton of damage?
    Also, can he please have 3 powers :)
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,388 Chairperson of the Boards
    A chavez-like capability to get better as you stack some kind of resource would be thematically appropriate. 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would hope his 3rd power would be a passive that makes him immune to stun since he's 'unstoppable'.

Looking forward to a 4* Juggs. Just hope he doesn't replace the easy 1* in all the PvE events :)

KGB