***** Iceman (Bobby Drake) *****

123457»

Comments

• ThanosThanos Posts: 574 Critical Contributor
    edited July 30

It took some time 'cause only lightning rounds are up.

In this video Iceman reduces the AoE damage for the whole team and eats the necessary six TU AP and places three CD's. His yellow was level 5 and cost two TU AP
    Even though Iceman only had enough TU AP for two team members he still reduces the damage for the whole team and uses six TU AP and places two CD's. Bugged? Yellow was level 3 and required 3 TU AP.

@JSP869, it's off season so I can't test against that team until the shield sim is back up.

• DarthDeVoDarthDeVo Posts: 1,942 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanos said:

In this video Iceman reduces the AoE damage for the whole team and eats the necessary six TU AP and places three CD's. His yellow was level 5 and cost two TU AP
    Even though Iceman only had enough TU AP for two team members he still reduces the damage for the whole team and uses six TU AP and places two CD's. Bugged? Yellow was level 3 and required 3 TU AP.

@JSP869, it's off season so I can't test against that team until the shield sim is back up.

Actually, with this Danger Room PvP, there will likely be several (boosted) Gritty/Bishop teams to be found... for better or worse...
  • RickOShayRickOShay Posts: 206 Tile Toppler
    edited July 31
    Thanos said:

I wonder, if you have only 2 TU (or 3 TU at level 3), and get hit by an AOE, does your whole team gets protected by the damage, and only 1 yellow CD is created? This would be an excellent bug/oversight. 
  • ThanosThanos Posts: 574 Critical Contributor
    RickOShay said:

I wonder, if you have only 2 TU (or 3 TU at level 3), and get hit by an AOE, does your whole team gets protected by the damage, and only 1 yellow CD is created? This would be an excellent bug/oversight. 
    I checked. Ice was at lvl5 and I had 3 TU AP and he decreased the damage to all three, used two TU AP and placed one CD. Not sure if it's working as intended but I won't say anything.
  • ThaRoadWarriorThaRoadWarrior Posts: 3,079 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm coming up against a few early champ Iceman teams in this Juggernaut pvp, and he is nightmare status for my roster when paired with 5* Hawkeye and receiving that god-mode boost. He seems very effective to me.
  • atomzedatomzed Posts: 1,461 Chairperson of the Boards
    3/5/5
    Interestingly, Iceman blue CD and green CD works even when he is stunned. So I can still trigger the stun and AOE effect even when bishop stuns Iceman 
  • RickOShayRickOShay Posts: 206 Tile Toppler
    His only drawback seems to be that he has no big direct damage ability. His repeaters do good damage to a single enemy once they are the only one remaining, but I think he could have a potential damage component added to his yellow. 
    Perhaps if you are able to match or destroy his yellow CD it could do a percent (half maybe?) of the damage to the target enemy, of what it would have done to him? 
    He's definitely been fun and unique so far.