***** Iceman (Bobby Drake) *****

123457»

Comments

• Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2019

It took some time 'cause only lightning rounds are up.

In this video Iceman reduces the AoE damage for the whole team and eats the necessary six TU AP and places three CD's. His yellow was level 5 and cost two TU AP
    Even though Iceman only had enough TU AP for two team members he still reduces the damage for the whole team and uses six TU AP and places two CD's. Bugged? Yellow was level 3 and required 3 TU AP.

@JSP869, it's off season so I can't test against that team until the shield sim is back up.

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanos said:

In this video Iceman reduces the AoE damage for the whole team and eats the necessary six TU AP and places three CD's. His yellow was level 5 and cost two TU AP
    Even though Iceman only had enough TU AP for two team members he still reduces the damage for the whole team and uses six TU AP and places two CD's. Bugged? Yellow was level 3 and required 3 TU AP.

@JSP869, it's off season so I can't test against that team until the shield sim is back up.

Actually, with this Danger Room PvP, there will likely be several (boosted) Gritty/Bishop teams to be found... for better or worse...
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2019
    Thanos said:

I wonder, if you have only 2 TU (or 3 TU at level 3), and get hit by an AOE, does your whole team gets protected by the damage, and only 1 yellow CD is created? This would be an excellent bug/oversight. 
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    RickOShay said:

I wonder, if you have only 2 TU (or 3 TU at level 3), and get hit by an AOE, does your whole team gets protected by the damage, and only 1 yellow CD is created? This would be an excellent bug/oversight. 
    I checked. Ice was at lvl5 and I had 3 TU AP and he decreased the damage to all three, used two TU AP and placed one CD. Not sure if it's working as intended but I won't say anything.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm coming up against a few early champ Iceman teams in this Juggernaut pvp, and he is nightmare status for my roster when paired with 5* Hawkeye and receiving that god-mode boost. He seems very effective to me.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    3/5/5
    Interestingly, Iceman blue CD and green CD works even when he is stunned. So I can still trigger the stun and AOE effect even when bishop stuns Iceman 
  • RickOShay
    His only drawback seems to be that he has no big direct damage ability. His repeaters do good damage to a single enemy once they are the only one remaining, but I think he could have a potential damage component added to his yellow. 
    Perhaps if you are able to match or destroy his yellow CD it could do a percent (half maybe?) of the damage to the target enemy, of what it would have done to him? 
    He's definitely been fun and unique so far.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    How are we running Iceman and who with so far? I just got mine champed. I have 5torm, Doom, Robby Reyes, and now Bobby to play with completely champed, and a functional Jessica Jones and Okoye.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    How are we running Iceman and who with so far? I just got mine champed. I have 5torm, Doom, Robby Reyes, and now Bobby to play with completely champed, and a functional Jessica Jones and Okoye.
    Okoye boosts his green nicely. 5torm wouldn't be bad. If you use her green on blue when he has CDs out, it triggers his stun. The board control she provides could help make blue matches as well. I don't use Doom much, but his yellow board shuffle might help make blue matches easier as well. JJ black might also count Bobby's CDs/repeater tiles as well, because I'm pretty sure Thor's red does, so she would work nicely as well. 
  • RickOShay
    Use Storm's yellow to flood the board in blue. 11 turn stuns are hilarious.
    I just cant get away from Ice's green though, it can be incredible, and gets better as you get down to 2 then just 1 opponent since the 'hits per enemy' are higher.

The only drawback to Ice & JJ is that he spends blue automatically, taking away from Jessica's passive. I really prefer having my traps revealed when I have 6 blue AP saved up. Lots more potential to stun helps ease this pain, but just pointing it out.

Doom plays fine with him, but Ice is very likely to be tanking yellow and blue. You'd prefer Doom to be taking that match damage since his heal is so good. I'm a huge fan of Doom's yellow, and the health boost makes up somewhat for Ice tanking too much. Also, as mentioned that tile shuffle can help a lot, including getting Ice's yellow CD moved to a matchable location to avoid it's damage that he already defended.

Definitely agree, Okoye can be just completely unfair to use with him. Match a repeater for boosted team damage, on top of the random hits they deal, crazy. Just be careful not to hit an enemy Thor into 50% health too early.

The only synergy I can see with GRRR is that with all the blue CD's expiring off the board that you couldn't get to, it does make red and black matches more attainable. I quite like GR's green, but this may be a case where you spec green to 3 and red to 5.

Just champed Professor X, and I see lots of him paired with Bobby. Both excellent defensively, and Ice being an X-men increases Chuck's black passive of course.