Missing Information

Mburn7
Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
edited August 2019 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Since we haven't had a Q&A in ages and the Devs have gone silent in the forums I thought we could make @Brigby's life easier and compile all of the major outstanding questions we have for this month's super-ultra-hypersonic-hip-hop-funky-fresh Q&A.

PLEASE ONLY POST THE QUESTIONS YOU HAVE, NOT THE DISCUSSION OF THE ISSUES INVOLVED

Here's some that I'm waiting for:

Why was Angrath's Ult nerfed, and why was it called a "bug fix"?
It was confirmed to be working properly here:  https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/71807/angraths-third-ability-and-tokens/p2

Can you supply a level up curve chart with the xp needed to reach each level and the rewards gained for reaching each level?  You only need to go up to level 50 or 60 since it plateaus out there.  For reference see this post from when Color Mastery was introduced waaaay back in 2006 https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/48091/introduction-to-color-mastery-and-pvp-7-22-16/p1
(pics aren't loading for me but maybe they will for you!  Also note this was before Platinum was created)

What's going on with Trial of Zeal?  Why is progression still a billion points?  Is that intentional or just bugged?  FIXED

There are a lot of relatively minor bugs that have been reported for months and months in the Bugs forum (Trostani not working when fetched, Agrus not being Legendary, tutorial tips showing up every time the app is opened...ect).  Are you looking into those or are they "too minor" for you to care?  ANSWERED

Are you working on reducing loading times?  They are getting worse with every update.  We don't like staring at a literal black screen for 2 min every time a match starts.  ANSWERED

You're falling farther and farther behind the paper set release schedule.  And yet there are still a ton of bugged cards (and bugs showing up in older cards) with every update.  What's going on with your QC?  And can we help?

What is the threshold criteria used for buffing/nerfing cards and abilities?  We like to debate these things, but it would be nice to see what you guys think, especially after some questionable decisions in 3.5.

How are you planning to address the issue where the time between the last node refresh of an event and the end of that event both fall very late at night, making it difficult or impossible to complete for some time zones?  And have you read any of our suggestions on the subject?  Working on it https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/888627/#Comment_888627

What do you look for when deciding whether or not to nerf a card?  And how do you decide when to nerf a card after you see that it meets these criteria?

Please provide insight into how a paper set gets ported over to PQ.  When do you get to see the new cards vs when we do?  How do you decide which cards get a straight adaptation and which ones get modified and increased/decreased in rarity?  How do you balance mana costs and power/toughness of new cards?

Comments

• Azerack
    Azerack Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    What other games does Oktagon work on and/or How many on Oktagon's team?

Is the VIP membership an attempt to garner more income so that MtGPQ remains profitable and can maintain any development team, at all?
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Will there be effort to improve future communication with the player base, both in-game and on the forums?
  • Thésée
    Thésée Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    Is there a way you could lengthen the time allowed to play last nodes past the last recharge in events ? Something like 12 hours to clear your nodes ?

If it's not possible just know that one event like Ravnica at War with 6 hours refresh time, that allows 4 hours to clear past last refresh is not playable nor enjoyable. It ends in the middle of the night in Europe (and changing its start / end time  would simply move the problem somewhere else) 
  • Mburn7
    Thésée said:
    Is there a way you could lengthen the time allowed to play last nodes past the last recharge in events ? Something like 12 hours to clear your nodes ?

If it's not possible just know that one event like Ravnica at War with 6 hours refresh time, that allows 4 hours to clear past last refresh is not playable nor enjoyable. It ends in the middle of the night in Europe (and changing its start / end time  would simply move the problem somewhere else) 
    Ooh, good call.  Forgot that one.  Added to the original.
  • Mburn7
    @Brigby still waiting on an official response.
    (hope your holiday weekend was nice!)
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    There are a few here I can answer off the top of my head, but there are others I'll need to take some time to ping the rest of our team on, so thanks for bearing with me.

Trial of Zeal
    The team said that this "event is similar to Fateful Showdown and Revolt against the Consulate, therefore should have similar point and reward distribution, too." They have included it in their revision sheet, and will be working to fix that for future runs.

Minor Bugs
    Honestly this one is hard to answer, since it varies based on a variety of variables. Sometimes it's a bug that's harder to fix than anticipated. Other times it's less impactful than other major bugs, so it gets prioritized lower. And yes, since we're all human, some of the more minor ones unfortunately get overlooked and just need a good nudge back up into the spotlight. It really depends.

Reducing Loading Times
    We're looking to try and get some load time and performance improvements into the 3.7 build, since 3.6 is arriving soon, but that will really depend on how much work is required to get those improvements into the game. We haven't locked it into 3.7 yet, but that's our current goal we're shooting for.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Any news on the super super Q&A ? The radio silence the last weeks was on a whole new level
  • Mburn7
    @Brigby thanks for the answers you provided last week, but there are still a lot of questions here that have not been answered!  Any updates?
  • Mburn7
    @Brigby its now been a month since this post.  Any answers yet?  I'm still very concerned about the lack of official leveling data.  That should take 10 seconds to produce (since the team must have one made from when they coded it), and yet it has been several months with nothing shown.
  • Mburn7
    @Brigby still waiting
  • Mburn7
    @Brigby your weekly ping on this.

Seriously, the Angrath nerf answer and the Leveling Curve chart shouldn't take more than 15 min for the team to produce (since they have to have a Leveling Curve chart somewhere that they used when designing it and they should know their discussions on whether or not to nerf Angrath).  Why is it taking so long?
  • Boogeyman
    Boogeyman Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    Mburn7 said:
    @Brigby your weekly ping on this.

Seriously, the Angrath nerf answer and the Leveling Curve chart shouldn't take more than 15 min for the team to produce (since they have to have a Leveling Curve chart somewhere that they used when designing it and they should know their discussions on whether or not to nerf Angrath).  Why is it taking so long?
    I agree, Angrath's third should include each token card.  It is one of his clear strengths and with so many token decks out there, there needs to be an answer to it.  
  • Mburn7
    @Brigby weekly ping time!  Any updates?  Can you answer just 1 question to get the ball rolling?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2019
    Hi, although i understand the need for an answer, this type of thread bumping is prohibited by the forum rules. If you wish to send a weekly reminder to Brigby, you are welcome to do so in a PM, even linking the thread in question.  This is the only warning, any further ^bumps^ without new content or progressing the thread, it will be locked. Thank you. 

• EvilDead
    EvilDead Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2019
    @Brigby - Maybe we should pin the thread until we get all of our answers so we don't disturb the natural order of things by having to bump threads?

My question, "Since you nerfed Blue Sun's Zenith, when does the team have plans to nerf Omniscience? Quasi/Naru etc?
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby - how long before the paper release - on average - do you (or someone in D3/Octagon) get to see the cards from the next set?
  • Mburn7
    edited August 2019
    EvilDead said:
    @Brigby - Maybe we should pin the thread until we get all of our answers so we don't disturb the natural order of things by having to bump threads?

My question, "Since you nerfed Blue Sun's Zenith, when does the team have plans to nerf Omniscience? Quasi/Naru etc?
    Good question.  They did lay out what requirements they judge card by to warrant a nerf, but since they don't seem to follow that maybe an updated answer is necessary.

Tremayne said:
    @Brigby - how long before the paper release - on average - do you (or someone in D3/Octagon) get to see the cards from the next set?
    This I feel is more of a Q&A question (if we ever get another one of those), I was thinking this thread to be more for serious issues/questions that are being completely ignored.
    I'll add this in, though, since I do want to know this as well.

*Updated original post with additional questions*