Why hasn't this been fixed?

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    Luckily, once you're done with the rewards, you can skip all these nodes and laugh at how hard they are.

I do hope that 4* players who need iso/event rewards have an easier time of it.....5* players are getting a bit **** but probably long ago finished their personal progression.

The god boost in PVE for 5Es remains alive and well, so I'm not complaining, personally.

I do wonder a bit why the devs insist on ramping up difficulty the way they do.

People who are 5* players are probably in a good alliance and have all the rewards.

People who are 4's and below.....why not let them, once every month or so, have the chance at an extra LT if they keep playing?  What is the point of running the event for 3 1/2 days if the last 24 hours or so end up being so punishingly difficult, that people just start giving up?  While there are a bunch of people who finish 36 hours early?

In my old alliance there would be a few people that kept going, but most people wisely stopped once they couldn't make any real headway against the bosses and side nodes, and so we never hit full progression.

It just seems sort of baffling as to why they make the difficulty jump up like it does.  I get that they want to create a sense of progress as you build your roster but eventually it just isn't very fun.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2019
    I'm not begrudging anyone of having fun and earning rewards--simply stating that "Oh, this was easy" is an individual experience, and that OP's point was that he has an extremely well developed roster, has been playing for some time, and these side nodes get ridonkulously hard and your resources to counter them are limited and/or not boosted the way smaller rosters are.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kitty Pryde took care of Vulture real nice. Nice countdown tile you got there. Be a shame if something... happened to it.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    MegaBee said:
    Kitty Pryde took care of Vulture real nice. Nice countdown tile you got there. Be a shame if something... happened to it.
    I had a brain fart on that node and laughed maniacally while picking my champed archangel......... I did still win though, after losing and picking a different character.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    tiomono said:
    MegaBee said:
    I had a brain fart on that node and laughed maniacally while picking my champed archangel......... I did still win though, after losing and picking a different character.

I tried using my 435 Archangel and won through luck.
    "Oh my God, how we scoffed at Archangel. "He's designed to counter a 4* character, how lame!" well who's laughing NOw, eh? Wait, what's with all the 'Immune' messages?"
  • A_Wise_Man
    A_Wise_Man Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    I dont understand this thread.  Yes, the 1v1 fights were harder than normal.  But the OP suggested that only day 1 of a boss event is fun because you can steamroll everything, presumably using some version of Thanos.  That's fine.  But then complains about not being able to use his full roster because day 2 the difficulty is too high.  Let's just be honest here.  If it were super easy scaling all event you'd use Thanos all event for super easy clears.  You wouldnt use 3 stars or 4 stars or anything aside from Thanos plus someone to help thanos kill the first guy faster.  I dont see how that's fun.  Its boring.

The higher scaling and especially the 1v1 nodes were a lot of fun IMO and they showed how certain underrated characters like infinity war cap or Doom could shine in the right situations.  It was hard, sure.  But that was half the fun of it.  That's half of what *used* to make the game fun, discussing strategies for beating such and such a node that was really hard.  Now it's just Thanos everything or Thorkoye everything or Kitty everything.  It's boring.  This was a nice and very welcome change of pace.  More of this please!
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I dont understand this thread.  Yes, the 1v1 fights were harder than normal.  But the OP suggested that only day 1 of a boss event is fun because you can steamroll everything, presumably using some version of Thanos.  That's fine.  But then complains about not being able to use his full roster because day 2 the difficulty is too high.  Let's just be honest here.  If it were super easy scaling all event you'd use Thanos all event for super easy clears.  You wouldnt use 3 stars or 4 stars or anything aside from Thanos plus someone to help thanos kill the first guy faster.  I dont see how that's fun.  Its boring.

The higher scaling and especially the 1v1 nodes were a lot of fun IMO and they showed how certain underrated characters like infinity war cap or Doom could shine in the right situations.  It was hard, sure.  But that was half the fun of it.  That's half of what *used* to make the game fun, discussing strategies for beating such and such a node that was really hard.  Now it's just Thanos everything or Thorkoye everything or Kitty everything.  It's boring.  This was a nice and very welcome change of pace.  More of this please!
    If you're a 4* player, the variety of characters on offer gives you some strategy and the enemies don't scale too badly for you. 4*s scale up really well when boosted.

For 5* players, we're stuck with **** 5*s to take on level 500 mooks. The highest level character I had was a level 468 Spider Man, yet in the next PvE when he was boosted, he was level 550+. We get CL9 levels of scaling but without the 100 level advantage for no reason that I can understand.
    If they're worried we'd just grab the handful of 5*s and stomp on everything, then okay boost them by 50 levels instead of 100. But the 15 levels we get is nothing. It barely makes a difference to their power levels because they scale so slowly.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards

I think that the original post is the age-old complaint of the side nodes spiking at the 24hr mark for no reason rather than uniform increases every 8 hrs or, better still, having scaling tied to the round the boss is at.  I’m not exactly certain where the subsequent boss complaints fit into it, honestly.

While I can appreciate your admonishment to the tone of the thread, it does make one critical assumption: that all players affected by this have deep 4-5* rosters.  Many players in my super-casual alliance are newer players and it’s almost impossible for them to tackle the over-scaled side nodes in the last 24 hours with the tools available to them, much less a 1v1 node at drastically higher levels than their top characters.  1*’s simply can’t go toe-to-toe with more advanced 4*’s and 5*’s and 2*’s haven’t recovered in this regard from the ability nerf that came along with champions, either.

It’s true that players with deeper rosters should have advantages (and obviously in this case they do), but this shouldn’t come at the expense of the new players’ experience who were just drawn into the game from the latest films.  Locking them out ultimately hurts everyone and that is just what the ludicrous side node scaling has done since the first run of the Ultron boss.
  • A_Wise_Man
    ZootSax said:

I think that the original post is the age-old complaint of the side nodes spiking at the 24hr mark for no reason rather than uniform increases every 8 hrs or, better still, having scaling tied to the round the boss is at.  I’m not exactly certain where the subsequent boss complaints fit into it, honestly.

While I can appreciate your admonishment to the tone of the thread, it does make one critical assumption: that all players affected by this have deep 4-5* rosters.  Many players in my super-casual alliance are newer players and it’s almost impossible for them to tackle the over-scaled side nodes in the last 24 hours with the tools available to them, much less a 1v1 node at drastically higher levels than their top characters.  1*’s simply can’t go toe-to-toe with more advanced 4*’s and 5*’s and 2*’s haven’t recovered in this regard from the ability nerf that came along with champions, either.

It’s true that players with deeper rosters should have advantages (and obviously in this case they do), but this shouldn’t come at the expense of the new players’ experience who were just drawn into the game from the latest films.  Locking them out ultimately hurts everyone and that is just what the ludicrous side node scaling has done since the first run of the Ultron boss.
    I was mostly commenting on the statements the OP made.  He has several 550 5 stars as well as a bunch of 370 4 stars.  I'd say he should have a deep enough roster to complete this event.  
    The side nodes making a sudden jump doesnt affect all boss events, either.  For a couple of the boss events it's more gradual (civil war being one, though I believe at least one other is more gradual).  Either way that doesnt take away from the statement I'd made.  If it were low then mid low then mid level with full scaling only on clear 11 or so, people still wouldnt use their full roster.  They'd thanos everything and use whatever they used for the boss anyway.  
    I do agree on one thing: boss events are no fun for newer rosters.  Not because of side nodes, but because the boss cant be beat unless you have a more advanced roster.  Side nodes are like old scaling, where it was actually easier *not* to level your roster due to the way the game scales.  Either way, there should be some kind of gauntlet or other non-timed event for those folks (and the high end folks when they finish the boss after day 1!) to play.
  • A_Wise_Man
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    I dont understand this thread.  

You probably could have just stopped right there.

First of all, no one is Thanos'ing anything. Boss events aren't timed--you get no benefit from clearing it quickly. But beyond that and more importantly, at the level of scaling the OP is talking about, even a 550 Thanos is useless. You're gonna have to chew through 80k+ health to get Thanos to deal 30k damage to the other two 80k+ health enemies?

Second, his complaint was that he does have a deep enough roster--why is the scaling on the side nodes forcing him to use only a couple of his highest leveled toons? When you're forced to use a 3* to fight level 500+ enemies, it's 2v3 and really not that fun because you literally cannot mix up your roster.

I completely disagree that people wouldn't use their full roster if they could. Boss events are not PVE; you have 8 hours to complete each set of missions. Whenever there is decent synergy with the required toons, people in my alliance mix it up all the time. I imagine it's the same for other alliances.
    I refuse to believe that nobody uses thanos on the side nodes for the first few clears.  People use thanos for ddq on the 3 star nodes.  Those aren't timed and allow you to use your full roster.  But almost anyone that had a thanos uses him there.  I mean, he literally said the first day is enjoyable cause you can beat up the opponents without a care in the world.  That leads me to believe hes steamrolling the AI like everyone does and taking like 8 minutes to clear.  

If they made the entire boss event like this, it would be very very very boring.  I personally like the challenge of beating harder nodes.  I concede, however, if you have 550s you're probably used to steamrolling all nodes all the time and that's why you paid for them.  But then again maybe theres 550 guys that also like a challenge?  I wouldnt know.  
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    Sm0keyJ0e said:

First of all, no one is Thanos'ing anything. Boss events aren't timed--you get no benefit from clearing it quickly. But beyond that and more importantly, at the level of scaling the OP is talking about, even a 550 Thanos is useless. You're gonna have to chew through 80k+ health to get Thanos to deal 30k damage to the other two 80k+ health enemies?

Second, his complaint was that he does have a deep enough roster--why is the scaling on the side nodes forcing him to use only a couple of his highest leveled toons? When you're forced to use a 3* to fight level 500+ enemies, it's 2v3 and really not that fun because you literally cannot mix up your roster.

I completely disagree that people wouldn't use their full roster if they could. Boss events are not PVE; you have 8 hours to complete each set of missions. Whenever there is decent synergy with the required toons, people in my alliance mix it up all the time. I imagine it's the same for other alliances.
    I refuse to believe that nobody uses thanos on the side nodes for the first few clears.  People use thanos for ddq on the 3 star nodes.  Those aren't timed and allow you to use your full roster.  But almost anyone that had a thanos uses him there.  I mean, he literally said the first day is enjoyable cause you can beat up the opponents without a care in the world.  That leads me to believe hes steamrolling the AI like everyone does and taking like 8 minutes to clear.  

If they made the entire boss event like this, it would be very very very boring.  I personally like the challenge of beating harder nodes.  I concede, however, if you have 550s you're probably used to steamrolling all nodes all the time and that's why you paid for them.  But then again maybe theres 550 guys that also like a challenge?  I wouldnt know.  
    I wrote the original post, and then kind of forgot about the forums for a while.  Smokey tried to let you understand that we play a different game than the rest, but it seems many misunderstood my issues.  I play for top 5 PVP and PVE ALMOST EVERY EVENT, meaning I am playing with speed.  Traditionaly, I do about 67 nodes in PVE a day and since I am playing for top 5, I have to thanos almost every node and occasionally I get to use the boosted 5 for more than match damage.  This usually takes about between 45 to 70 minutes depending on what opponents and how much time spamming of tiles and loading and victory screens take.  When I was playing slice 4 pvp, I traditionally played about 100 to 125 matches every 2-2.5 days (my typical season score was between 20-50k...yes that's K for thousand).  So lets average that to about 40 matches.  My 40 matches in pvp will start against level 500-550 level or seals depending on how many are floating (see my other post about pvp).  PVP again is all about speed be it against level 550 enemies or 500 or 40 because I need to climb in to the range of grills before everyone is out of range.  So to do this I again have to use my 550's to get there quickly.  So now I have played about 110 matches a day at about 1 to 1.5 sometimes 2 minutes a piece.  Let's use 1.5 as the average unless I am playing against seals and then I have to fight more of them to get the same as a 75 point match which usually equals out because of the loading and victory screens.  So we are now at 165 minutes using my Thanos, DD, Thor, occasional gambit, occasional BB and very occasional Kitty/Groot.  Now, lets get to DDQ.  The first node you have to use 1 star, so I use my ones.  2nd and 3rd node are 2 star nodes, so I use them (I am not really worried about playing 1's and 2's because I have played with them plenty).  You have the Burrito which uses 2, 3, 4.  No real synergy, random options, not that much fun but match damage is usually enough with my levels and occasionally use a power.  By this time, I just thanos the last 2 because I am tired of playing because it takes another 10 minutes to do DDQ.  I am at 175 minutes using the same characters over and over or no actual synergy  against underpowered opponents.  Now that's my background on how I play so you can see how Boss Events are different.  I am suddenly not playing 70 nodes for speed for top 5 placement every days.  Yes, I said its fun smashing undersized nodes on the first day, but that's like DDQ and I have increase vigor because I AM NOT PLAYING 67 NODES OF PVE A DAY.  But I also said that I would much rather have scaling based on characters I use.  Because speed is not of the essence for rewards, I can take my time.  Because I am not spending close to 2 hours of my time a day playing traditional MPQ, I would not mind a challenge.  Now, here is where most of you guys play a different game than Smokey and I.  When you have a Balance of Power event, do you know what characters most people use?  Its mainly 4's and some 3's.  Do you know why?  Because this game was never meant to have champion levels.  The characters were not originally balanced for you to gain 100 extra levels on your 3's and 4's let alone get them to level 550 to 650 which I face in some of these boss events.  Their powers start increasing exponentially (Discussed in many threads when champion levels came to be)  Therefore, their powers do ton more damage when boosted 100 levels.  4 Cage does 100k+ damage with 1 of his powers when he is at 550.  Most boosted 3's and 4's do about  60 to 100k damage with a majority of their powers at 550.  So, when I play my 550 thanos, or DD, or Thor, or BB or Gambit, against a 550 3 or 4, they are outclassed severely, but that's not the point, I do not want to play with my 550's because that's all I can play with during every other event than Boss Event, but with this scaling, I am forced to use the same tired characters.  I currently have 352 roster slots, 4 each for every 2, 1 max champ and a dupe for every 3, 58 max champed 4s with a dupe for each and every other 4 is champed except for Sabertooth, Taskmaster, and Spider ham.  I really would like to use them since I have payed to get them, roster them, etc.  Why must I play only 5 characters because I was able to level them to 550.  I am not talking about every event just Boss events.  Let me have some fun with these characters.  The 3's I at least know what to do with their powers since very few came out after 5s started and the ones that did come out were very similar.  For 4's, I have all these 4s that I know nothing about because 1. we rarely have 4 star pvp  2. when we do have 4 star pvp, its right after release so they are undercovered.  I usually don't even get them champed until the last day of their pvp, so I don't get to use their powers since I am facing 500-550s.  Most of your gaming experience won't change with Boss events because when they give a 4 star boost they will equal out to most of your 5s.  That is just not the case with Smokey and I's experience.  Changing the scaling to which character you use hurts no one else since this is not a competitive event, but greatly alleviates the experience by some of us. 
  • A_Wise_Man
    grunth13 said:
    Sm0keyJ0e said:

I wrote the original post, and then kind of forgot about the forums for a while.  Smokey tried to let you understand that we play a different game than the rest, but it seems many misunderstood my issues.  I play for top 5 PVP and PVE ALMOST EVERY EVENT, meaning I am playing with speed.  Traditionaly, I do about 67 nodes in PVE a day and since I am playing for top 5, I have to thanos almost every node and occasionally I get to use the boosted 5 for more than match damage.  This usually takes about between 45 to 70 minutes depending on what opponents and how much time spamming of tiles and loading and victory screens take.  When I was playing slice 4 pvp, I traditionally played about 100 to 125 matches every 2-2.5 days (my typical season score was between 20-50k...yes that's K for thousand).  So lets average that to about 40 matches.  My 40 matches in pvp will start against level 500-550 level or seals depending on how many are floating (see my other post about pvp).  PVP again is all about speed be it against level 550 enemies or 500 or 40 because I need to climb in to the range of grills before everyone is out of range.  So to do this I again have to use my 550's to get there quickly.  So now I have played about 110 matches a day at about 1 to 1.5 sometimes 2 minutes a piece.  Let's use 1.5 as the average unless I am playing against seals and then I have to fight more of them to get the same as a 75 point match which usually equals out because of the loading and victory screens.  So we are now at 165 minutes using my Thanos, DD, Thor, occasional gambit, occasional BB and very occasional Kitty/Groot.  Now, lets get to DDQ.  The first node you have to use 1 star, so I use my ones.  2nd and 3rd node are 2 star nodes, so I use them (I am not really worried about playing 1's and 2's because I have played with them plenty).  You have the Burrito which uses 2, 3, 4.  No real synergy, random options, not that much fun but match damage is usually enough with my levels and occasionally use a power.  By this time, I just thanos the last 2 because I am tired of playing because it takes another 10 minutes to do DDQ.  I am at 175 minutes using the same characters over and over or no actual synergy  against underpowered opponents.  Now that's my background on how I play so you can see how Boss Events are different.  I am suddenly not playing 70 nodes for speed for top 5 placement every days.  Yes, I said its fun smashing undersized nodes on the first day, but that's like DDQ and I have increase vigor because I AM NOT PLAYING 67 NODES OF PVE A DAY.  But I also said that I would much rather have scaling based on characters I use.  Because speed is not of the essence for rewards, I can take my time.  Because I am not spending close to 2 hours of my time a day playing traditional MPQ, I would not mind a challenge.  Now, here is where most of you guys play a different game than Smokey and I.  When you have a Balance of Power event, do you know what characters most people use?  Its mainly 4's and some 3's.  Do you know why?  Because this game was never meant to have champion levels.  The characters were not originally balanced for you to gain 100 extra levels on your 3's and 4's let alone get them to level 550 to 650 which I face in some of these boss events.  Their powers start increasing exponentially (Discussed in many threads when champion levels came to be)  Therefore, their powers do ton more damage when boosted 100 levels.  4 Cage does 100k+ damage with 1 of his powers when he is at 550.  Most boosted 3's and 4's do about  60 to 100k damage with a majority of their powers at 550.  So, when I play my 550 thanos, or DD, or Thor, or BB or Gambit, against a 550 3 or 4, they are outclassed severely, but that's not the point, I do not want to play with my 550's because that's all I can play with during every other event than Boss Event, but with this scaling, I am forced to use the same tired characters.  I currently have 352 roster slots, 4 each for every 2, 1 max champ and a dupe for every 3, 58 max champed 4s with a dupe for each and every other 4 is champed except for Sabertooth, Taskmaster, and Spider ham.  I really would like to use them since I have payed to get them, roster them, etc.  Why must I play only 5 characters because I was able to level them to 550.  I am not talking about every event just Boss events.  Let me have some fun with these characters.  The 3's I at least know what to do with their powers since very few came out after 5s started and the ones that did come out were very similar.  For 4's, I have all these 4s that I know nothing about because 1. we rarely have 4 star pvp  2. when we do have 4 star pvp, its right after release so they are undercovered.  I usually don't even get them champed until the last day of their pvp, so I don't get to use their powers since I am facing 500-550s.  Most of your gaming experience won't change with Boss events because when they give a 4 star boost they will equal out to most of your 5s.  That is just not the case with Smokey and I's experience.  Changing the scaling to which character you use hurts no one else since this is not a competitive event, but greatly alleviates the experience by some of us. 
    That's fair, but theres no way to scale the nodes to the characters you are using because people would exploit it.  Say it starts at level 1-10 like it does for pvp.  You use leveled 1s and steamroll it.  Ok, so the game moves to 40-50 range.  You use champed not boosted 2s.  Moves to 100, use boosted champed 2s and so on.  It would make it entirely too easy and people would 100% exploit it.
  • grunth13
    edited July 2019
    grunth13 said:
    Sm0keyJ0e said:

That's fair, but theres no way to scale the nodes to the characters you are using because people would exploit it.  Say it starts at level 1-10 like it does for pvp.  You use leveled 1s and steamroll it.  Ok, so the game moves to 40-50 range.  You use champed not boosted 2s.  Moves to 100, use boosted champed 2s and so on.  It would make it entirely too easy and people would 100% exploit it.
    I don't think you are getting my point... it's a NON COMPETITIVE event.  1. What i do or you do to exploit the game doesn't matter to anyone else because there are no competitive rewards.   2.  When i say scale according to the characters I use,  I mean if i use 3 level 50 1's, have me fight level 50 of whatever team they have chosen for that node.   If I use 266 level 3s, do the same; if I use a hodge podge of 4s (the ones I'd actually care to use) then average it out to those levels.   If im dumb enough to use my 550s, then well be back to the same scaling that I'm currently seeing.  At least this gives me options vs being forced to use the same 5 characters.  Because currently there's no chance for me to use any 4s even the boosted ones because against my scaling,  those characters would be just cannon fodder. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's an alliance event: all for one and one for all. Common enemies, common goals.
  • A_Wise_Man
    grunth13 said:
    grunth13 said:
    Sm0keyJ0e said:

I don't think you are getting my point... it's a NON COMPETITIVE event.  1. What i do or you do to exploit the game doesn't matter to anyone else because there are no competitive rewards.   2.  When i say scale according to the characters I use,  I mean if i use 3 level 50 1's, have me fight level 50 of whatever team they have chosen for that node.   If I use 266 level 3s, do the same; if I use a hodge podge of 4s (the ones I'd actually care to use) then average it out to those levels.   If im dumb enough to use my 550s, then we'll be back to the same scaling that I'm currently seeing.  At least this gives me options vs being forced to use the same 5 characters.  Because currently there's no chance for me to use any 4s even the boosted ones because against my scaling,  those characters would be just cabin fodder. 
    I'm not familiar with the expression "cabin fodder".  What you're asking for isnt something that exists in the game. They could maybe give it SCL scaling and give a range, and you could use your 2 stars for garbage rewards.  You can actually do this in any pve event already, you dont have to play cl9 and you dont have to go for t5.  If they rolled it out like this it would 100% have worse rewards for picking a lower difficulty.  If they did, you'd still play cl9 like you do in everything else.  Or youd pick a lower one and just thanos everything to get it over with to save time for pvp.  Its literally one node of 5 in one event that's run one time.  You couldn't beat it because you're too used to hitting cupcakes.  Most people enjoyed the event, myself included.  
  • grunth13
    grunth13 said:
    grunth13 said:
    Sm0keyJ0e said:

I don't think you are getting my point... it's a NON COMPETITIVE event.  1. What i do or you do to exploit the game doesn't matter to anyone else because there are no competitive rewards.   2.  When i say scale according to the characters I use,  I mean if i use 3 level 50 1's, have me fight level 50 of whatever team they have chosen for that node.   If I use 266 level 3s, do the same; if I use a hodge podge of 4s (the ones I'd actually care to use) then average it out to those levels.   If im dumb enough to use my 550s, then we'll be back to the same scaling that I'm currently seeing.  At least this gives me options vs being forced to use the same 5 characters.  Because currently there's no chance for me to use any 4s even the boosted ones because against my scaling,  those characters would be just cabin fodder. 
    I'm not familiar with the expression "cabin fodder".  What you're asking for isnt something that exists in the game. They could maybe give it SCL scaling and give a range, and you could use your 2 stars for garbage rewards.  You can actually do this in any pve event already, you dont have to play cl9 and you dont have to go for t5.  If they rolled it out like this it would 100% have worse rewards for picking a lower difficulty.  If they did, you'd still play cl9 like you do in everything else.  Or youd pick a lower one and just thanos everything to get it over with to save time for pvp.  Its literally one node of 5 in one event that's run one time.  You couldn't beat it because you're too used to hitting cupcakes.  Most people enjoyed the event, myself included.  
    Sorry, it was late and I misspelled a few things, but now they are corrected.  Now to your second comment as to "what you're asking for isn't something that exists in the game".  Okay, have you been on these forums long?  Because almost half the discussions are asking for something that doesn't exist in this game.  That's the point of my original post...if it existed, I wouldn't have needed to make that point originally.  Again, I love the you don't have to comments...Why are you so concerned on how I play in competitive events when I am asking for something in non-competitive event that wouldn't affect you.  Again, your lack of understanding of how characters scale makes it hard for me to discuss options with you.  I am not asking for an easy match, I am asking for a match where I CAN USE MY 4's and have a REASONABLE chance at winning.  Now I'm guessing here but more than likely true since I have never seen you in any pvp match, you are either early 5star or still in 4star roster level.  With that said, I find your condescending tinykitty about how I couldn't beat the node obnoxious since you don't know if I did or did not beat the node.  Also, its not about that 1 tinykitty node, its EVERY TINYKITTY SIDE NODE IN EVERY TINYKITTY BOSS EVENT.  The scaling for someone of my level of roster is completely out of whack because these characters were never meant to be scaled this high.  Hence why your limited knowledge of scaling doesn't seem to add much to the conversation on what I am seeing.  I am glad you enjoyed the event.  I would just like to enjoy these events also while at the same time use more than 5 characters for every event every day, etc.
  • A_Wise_Man
    grunth13 said:
    grunth13 said:
    grunth13 said:
    Sm0keyJ0e said:

Sorry, it was late and I misspelled a few things, but now they are corrected.  Now to your second comment as to "what you're asking for isn't something that exists in the game".  Okay, have you been on these forums long?  Because almost half the discussions are asking for something that doesn't exist in this game.  That's the point of my original post...if it existed, I wouldn't have needed to make that point originally.  Again, I love the you don't have to comments...Why are you so concerned on how I play in competitive events when I am asking for something in non-competitive event that wouldn't affect you.  Again, your lack of understanding of how characters scale makes it hard for me to discuss options with you.  I am not asking for an easy match, I am asking for a match where I CAN USE MY 4's and have a REASONABLE chance at winning.  Now I'm guessing here but more than likely true since I have never seen you in any pvp match, you are either early 5star or still in 4star roster level.  With that said, I find your condescending tinykitty about how I couldn't beat the node obnoxious since you don't know if I did or did not beat the node.  Also, its not about that 1 tinykitty node, its EVERY TINYKITTY SIDE NODE IN EVERY TINYKITTY BOSS EVENT.  The scaling for someone of my level of roster is completely out of whack because these characters were never meant to be scaled this high.  Hence why your limited knowledge of scaling doesn't seem to add much to the conversation on what I am seeing.  I am glad you enjoyed the event.  I would just like to enjoy these events also while at the same time use more than 5 characters for every event every day, etc.
    You've definitely seen me in pvp, my ign isnt the same as my forums name.  I've seen you as well.  I'm well aware of how characters scale past where they're at.  Your previous post talked about how 2s 3s and 4s scale at really high levels.  If you recall when champions first arrived they tweaked how all 3 of those tiers scaled.  2s and 3s weren't as good boosted and 4s were much much better.  The side nodes aren't so bad in normal boss events, even scaled up, even at the 5* tier.  The 1v1 were pretty difficult, sure, but I actually really enjoyed that bit.  You didn't and that's fine.  But I dont get all the complaining about one event when you can dominate every single other event.  Beside that, your other complaint is inability to use things other than 550s.  My comment on regular pve still stands.  Nobody is forcing you to use 550s in regular events, and it's not even necessary.  That's a choice you make,  so you cant argue that you always have to use 5 toons all the time.   You dont have to.  You choose to.
  • grunth13
    OMG, are you seriously using the scaling from 166 to 266 for 3s and 270 to 370 for 4s?  That right there is why you just proved you have no clue what you are taking about.   They fixed that but things still go haywire after 266 and 370.  Have you ever had to face 550 to 650 3s and 4s?  I do on almost every Boss Event.  I have had to face those in a wave when the required character was a 2 or 3 star that gives minimal help.   So with my 250k total health,  I was facing 500k health for ai.   With those ai powers doing 40 to 60k damage.  So much fun, maybe you should try it out since you love those challenges (and yes i did win that match).  But again,  your only option for me to play my 4s is to get lower rewards... are you that jealous of people that have 550s?  Why is that the case?   You say you have seen me in pvp, please let me know who you are so that i can properly see you.  You have offered 0 realistic solutions for me to play more of my 4s except play slower,  get less rewards,  play less competitive in a competitive game.   Thanks for that brilliant insight.   Hope you didn't spend too much of your valuable time coming up with that brilliance. 
  • A_Wise_Man
    grunth13 said:
    OMG, are you seriously using the scaling from 166 to 266 for 3s and 270 to 370 for 4s?  That right there is why you just proved you have no clue what you are taking about.   They fixed that but things still go haywire after 266 and 370.  Have you ever had to face 550 to 650 3s and 4s?  I do on almost every Boss Event.  I have had to face those in a wave when the required character was a 2 or 3 star that gives minimal help.   So with my 250k total health,  I was facing 500k health for ai.   With those ai powers doing 40 to 60k damage.  So much fun, maybe you should try it out since you love those challenges (and yes i did win that match).  But again,  your only option for me to play my 4s is to get lower rewards... are you that jealous of people that have 550s?  Why is that the case?   You say you have seen me in pvp, please let me know who you are so that i can properly see you.  You have offered 0 realistic solutions for me to play more of my 4s except play slower,  get less rewards,  play less competitive in a competitive game.   Thanks for that brilliant insight.   Hope you didn't spend too much of your valuable time coming up with that brilliance. 
    It basically doubles every 100 levels so yeah it scales up higher for sure.  That's not the point though.  If the game let you use lower characters then you would necessarily get lower rewards.  It's the same in all events, always has been.  That's the entire point of building up your roster, to get more stuff to keep building.  Am I jealous of people with 550s?  No, dont really care one way or another.  But if you should get the same rewards for using 3s and 4s then everyone in those lower tiers should get those every event, too.  Then theres no point in progressing.  I'm not sure what we're really arguing about.