Why hasn't this been fixed?

grunth13
grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
Boss events are fun for the 1st day.  They are enjoyable because you can just beat up on all the enemies without a care in the world.  The 2nd day is completely different.  That's when roster scaling comes into play.  Is there a reason I have to play my 2 highest characters with a handicap bla3e (level 266) who does nothing against 6  level 438 opponents.  This time its at least against goons who give you time to collect ap before they start hurting you.  Most boss events its board moving characters.  Maybe I would like to use my 200+ other characters that I have had to collect and just collect dust because speed is everything in this game.  Boss events are one of the few places where you could just play and enjoy all these characters.  Use fix scaling, use scaling based on the 3 characters we use, use anything other than roster scaling because that is just plain dumb.  You want us to buy all these costumes for 2,3,4 star characters, but I can't ever see them but once a year when its their pvp.  Maybe I would be motivated to buy them if I could actually use that character more than once a year.  This really should be fixed like 3 years ago!!

Comments

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm assuming since it hasn't been addressed in 3 years, it most likely won't be and is a working as intended feature. 

Let's be honest if the boss event rewards were waaaaayyyy better then the difficulty spike wouldn't be too annoying but the rewards are subpar for the effort that it takes to chip away at the event. 
  • grunth13
    I'm assuming since it hasn't been addressed in 3 years, it most likely won't be and is a working as intended feature. 

Let's be honest if the boss event rewards were waaaaayyyy better then the difficulty spike wouldn't be too annoying but the rewards are subpar for the effort that it takes to chip away at the event. 
    Actually,  the first day is not even the biggest problem,  it's the second one that annoys me the most.   I remember the civil war one where the required character was a 2 star and i was facing a wave of 600+ level characters... now that's annoying beating 300 to 400k health with only 2 characters.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    grunth13 said:

Actually,  the first day is not even the biggest problem,  it's the second one that annoys me the most.   I remember the civil war one where the required character was a 2 star and i was facing a wave of 600+ level characters... now that's annoying beating 300 to 400k health with only 2 characters.
    Civil War continues to require Ares, who has no variant at a higher tier. At least you can choose to play the corresponding node on the opposite side to unlock the boss. 
  • grunth13
    bluewolf said:
    grunth13 said:

Civil War continues to require Ares, who has no variant at a higher tier. At least you can choose to play the corresponding node on the opposite side to unlock the boss. 
    Variants aren't always allowed... like 3 blade node in current boss event won't let you use 4 blade.  Spiderman also. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    grunth13 said:
    bluewolf said:
    grunth13 said:

Variants aren't always allowed... like 3 blade node in current boss event won't let you use 4 blade.  Spiderman also. 
    Those are the actual Essentials for the event, whom were rewarded in the pve prior and you can earn through personal progression.  They also get the essential boosts. They therefore aren’t a character category.

Other boosted characters (the standard list that doesn’t change from one run to the next) in boss events are often categories with multiple variants.  
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,081 Chairperson of the Boards
    GE Doom (if you have him champed) did a pretty good job in 1v1 Sandman node even though my Hela got chewed up and spit out.

• BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    My Okoye is only 454 but it wasn’t horrible. Not that excited about what’s coming next though 😂 
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm playing "fun comps" because these events are the only chance I get to play whoever I want since speed isn't an issue.

4cage 3blade 4fist came pretty close to wiping on the first scaled goon gauntlet.  Gwen + Miles + (Infinity or Peter Parker Spiderman) are doing fine on their nodes. 

The 1v1's are tremendously overscaled.  Against Green Goblin (500ish?), Carol came pretty close to dying (12 hours worth of damage from a black).  Against Sandman (level 524) my Gambit took like 50k damage from a green stun and match damage.  Pretty sure the ability damage is so high that a half health Daredevil wouldn't survive.

This game is supposed to be about synergy and team composition and 1v1s completely negate that.  The characters best suited for dueling tend to have a stun ... and stuns are disabled (for you at least) in these 1v1s.  I'd give 4gamora a shake against the 1v1s if I could but it seems the game is saying "play 5thor on every node and use kits when necessary."
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like these one on one nodes and the idea behind it, but as others have said, why is this scaling so much?  Fighting a 541 Sandy was fun. Had to try something different.  
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    I do like the 1v1 matches.  The main problem is that they used the std boss event roster scaling instead of the normal 5e scaling we saw in the Cosmic Chaos/Infinite Pursuit pve.  I would switch the scaling for the 1v1 matches to the std pve scaling.

so cycles 4,5,6 should be scl8 scaling and end 7,8,9should be scl9 scaling.  That would make it consistent with expectations
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    jp1 said:
    GE Doom (if you have him champed) did a pretty good job in 1v1 Sandman node even though my Hela got chewed up and spit out.

That's what I ended up doing. Slowed his yellow acquisition and I got lucky with black and some yellow board reshuffles.
    Still ended up having to use an Okoye TU to finish him before he fired green though.

Maybe I should just be using 3* Deadpool instead ¬¬
  • grunth13
    I had to use 50 dd only because my scaling is at 577 sandman and none of the others would be close health wise and sandman had relatively low priced powers.   With dd, i was fighting for the same resources (green, purple, yellow) so i waf able to keep him from firing too many powers... but i definitely don't look forward to the next step on the scaling ladder 
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    dkffiv said:

[..]
    This game is supposed to be about synergy and team composition and 1v1s completely negate that.  The characters best suited for dueling tend to have a stun ... and stuns are disabled (for you at least) in these 1v1s. [..]
    I was already wary when they first introduced 'special' no-stun enemies (that is, normal enemies with "CANNOT BE STUNNED!" pushed on top). Forcing this overpowerment into a 1 on 1 matchup is just stupid, especially with scaling getting out of hand.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm facing a level 510 Venom that I just can't get through. JJ, none of her traps could be reached, downed. Cable got off all his powers and was downed next move. IW Cap, same thing. What to do? Try again with JJ and hope for a board in your favor?
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    I was able to beat a level 490 venom with infinity war spiderman. Because he tanks everything the webs build up quickly allowing you to avoid the creation of the yellow shields. Also webs don’t count against his green and with a board full of webs he hits like a truck. Might be worth a try. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    As I have 4* scaling which is topping out at the boost levels and Infinity War Spidey red doesn't have a damage cap as such, I was able to one shot a 40k Sandman but I flagged this as a potential issue before the event even started. It was on that list Colognoisseur made for the Devs (last year I think?) that I don't think ever really got addressed.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards
    AXP_isme said:
    I was able to beat a level 490 venom with infinity war spiderman. Because he tanks everything the webs build up quickly allowing you to avoid the creation of the yellow shields. Also webs don’t count against his green and with a board full of webs he hits like a truck. Might be worth a try. 
    Thanks for this! On second try I managed a board full of webbed tiles and 20 red. No more Venom!
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    I went with Doom vs Venom - deny green, then yellow, let him match black to his hearts content to keep you healed, and a song as he can't fire green and yellow close together, should be golden