Why hasn't this been fixed?

Comments

• PeeOne
    PeeOne Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    My venom was only 411 but I have no champed 5*s... nearing 2/3 of 4* transition completed.

i took agent venom to him with rainbow, black red and yellow boosters

smacked venom good and proper
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    qandols said:
    AXP_isme said:
    I was able to beat a level 490 venom with infinity war spiderman. Because he tanks everything the webs build up quickly allowing you to avoid the creation of the yellow shields. Also webs don’t count against his green and with a board full of webs he hits like a truck. Might be worth a try. 
    Thanks for this! On second try I managed a board full of webbed tiles and 20 red. No more Venom!
    I can’t take any credit for this. I saw it in the event thread. I was getting thrashed by sandman  (I eventually beat him with 5* Hawkeye and a lucky board) so I went looking for help and this seemed like a top notch idea. Worked a charm for me against venom. He barely scratched me. I’m happy it helped someone else out too. 😀
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2019
    Indeed, I had wasted 10-12 health packs on my strongest 5* to no avail. This has put the 'puzzle' back in MPQ for me  :D
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    I used RiRi on every single one of these 1vs1. None were ever in jeopardy.
    Don't forget, Stun does not equal Airborn. Bosses can't go Airborn, but side nodes can.
    Load up her blue and red and go nuts. If you have a board favoring the foe more than you, just knock them Airborn a few times and match it back to your favor.
    Pick your favorite Support to help you out. I typically stick with Taskmaster's Sword, which would have worked even better if any of these foes had a Hero affiliation. I was hoping Venom might, but alas he didn't.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2019
    I used RiRi on every single one of these 1vs1. None were ever in jeopardy.
    Don't forget, Stun does not equal Airborn. Bosses can't go Airborn, but side nodes can.
    Load up her blue and red and go nuts. If you have a board favoring the foe more than you, just knock them Airborn a few times and match it back to your favor.
    Pick your favorite Support to help you out. I typically stick with Taskmaster's Sword, which would have worked even better if any of these foes had a Hero affiliation. I was hoping Venom might, but alas he didn't.

This is great if your 1v1 isn't level 598 with 195k health.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2019
    Captain IW has worked well.  Sometimes I wipe due to bad boards when for example the AI gets crit matches dealing 29,000 in one match :(   Otherwise though Cap IW purple allows me to block the worst power of each opponent and buy time to nuke them with his red.  That being said, I still have lost a few matches just to bad luck. It is unfortunate though I can see for some players based on roster options.  I actually found Green Goblin the hardest of them all so far.  That black power is so cheap and so much damage...hard to stop it even with Cap IW.

Personally I have enjoyed the challenge, it is not often that I actually lose matches in the game.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    The current 1 on 1 node featured 5Kingpin. While there were probably faster options to take him down, I let Invisible Woman do her invisibility thing while chipping away at his health and firing her green (KP was regularly stealing blue so didn't get to fire that often). I think KP was just short of 100K hit points (vs 15K IW :mrgreen: )

Although the start of the match was a bit hairy because it took a while to collect 7 yellow, it was just satisfying to see him powerless to do anything after she turned invisible. At one point he had 3 green repeater tiles out :D
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards

I'm only on 4* scaling, but these nodes are becoming challenging.  The Kingpin one must have been at about 410, or about 20 levels above my boosted IW Spider-Man.  I hit him with Proportional Punch, which I misjudged slightly so it didn't quite take him down.

It was touch and go, since I was having trouble collecting another 10 red, and each of his matches was taking off about 1.5k health.  I just scraped over the line with a slither of health left.

Overall, I've found IW Spidey to work pretty well at my scaling level.  With no partners he covers the board in web tiles.  That in turn nullifies power damage (provided it isn't accompanied by a stun like it was with Sandman).  Then it is just a matter of collecting enough red.

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    This has been a challenge for once , 1 v 1 against a level 510 Foe 

I didn’t have any trouble against the other side nodes but I agree with the OP scaling is a bit ridiculous 

I’ve thought for a while that if scaling goes up then so should points available 

fortunately I now have an alliance who can compete and play most days so we can get the required points but I’ve always felt that there should be ways to make up the shortfall on alliance events 
  • Skymedium
    Skymedium Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    Use Miles Morales for thoose nodes. Get purple and invis, easy kill.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    Well, going invisible is useless against Doc Ock i have noticed. Apart from the fact i could hardly do any damage because he healed every 2 turns, matching that tile led to insta death.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,081 Chairperson of the Boards
    For Doc Ock I had to switch up from GED to JJ. Other than that, not much of a problem.
  • tupacboy
    tupacboy Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Personally I found it kinda fun trying to figure out how to win....
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    I missed fighting both Venom and Doc Ock. 😑  Just fought Vulture, I tried denying black but he got airborne but I was pretty lucky that he landed but didn't go straight back up allowing me to punch his stupid beak in with Infini-Spidey, the events MVP.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cool. Vulture. The best 1v1 4* in the game. 60 levels higher than my highest level 5*

Great design!
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cool. Vulture. The best 1v1 4* in the game. 60 levels higher than my highest level 5*

Great design!
    Did you try shaking your fist and shouting "Get off my lawn" at him?
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    So far my Hulkbuster has had no problems with any of them.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    All you 4* players saying "so-and-so had no problems" aren't understanding the difference between 4* play and 5* play. 4*'s get a 100+ level boost (like Miles, IWSpider, Hulkbuster, among others). Give me a 100+ level boost on my 5*'s and I'll join in your celebration of easy victories.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,081 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’m actually doing alright with my 5s and my scaling has been right at 520 or so with my highest 5 being 474.

My alliance has only cleared up to round 6 thus far though. Partially because of some young rosters, I’m guessing partially because of the holiday.

I think it’s just a matter of choosing the right 5s for the job because I’ve been chewed through a couple times as well.