**** Black Cat (Master Thief) ****

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited June 2019 in Character Details
Hi Everyone,

"A world-renowned cat burglar, Felicia Hardy is always plotting her next heist. With claws every bit as sharp as her wit, this is one cat whose path you should never cross!"

Check out the brand new 4-Star Black Cat, and find out how you can recruit her onto your roster!
2019-06-13-BlackCat-Character-FB-1200x628png
4-Star Rarity (Legendary)
Villains
 blacktilepng greentilepng

(Abilities listed at level 270)
12,212 Health
 85 | blacktilepng 74 | greentilepng 65 |  43 | bluetilepng 13 | yellowtilepng 12 |  11 |  3.5x

Better Luck Next Time -  7  AP
Black Cat swings up and away using her hidden grappling hooks, dealing 325 damage and going Airborne for 1 turn.
(PASSIVE) Whenever Black Cat returns from being Airborne, stun the target for 1 turn.
  • Level 2: ...dealing 903 damage...
  • Level 3: ...returns from being Airborne, stun the target for 2 turns.
  • Level 4: ...dealing 1354 damage...returns from being Airborne, stun the target for 3 turns.
  • Level 5: ...dealing 3069 damage...returns from being Airborne, stun the target for 4 turns.
A Purr-fect Plan - blacktilepng Passive
Black Cat is always planning her next heist, waiting for the perfect opportunity to strike. At the start of your turn, if there are fewer than 1 of her Black Trap tiles on the board, create a Black Trap tile. When you match one of these tiles, Black Cat deals 541 damage and steals up to 2 AP in a random color.
  • Level 2: ...if there are fewer than 2 of her Black Trap tiles...
  • Level 3: ...Black Cat deals 613 damage...
  • Level 4: ...if there are fewer than 3 of her Black Trap tiles...
  • Level 5: ...Black Cat deals 830 damage...
Claws Out - 6 greentilepng AP
Black Cat surprises her foes with a sudden attack, slashing with her razor-sharp claws. Deals 1088 damage to the target. If the target is Stunned, deals an additional 543 damage.
  • Level 2: Deals 1523 damage to the target...is Stunned, deals an additional 760 damage.
  • Level 3: Deals 1958 damage to the target...is Stunned, deals an additional 977 damage.
  • Level 4: Deals 2829 damage to the target...is Stunned, deals an additional 1412 damage.
  • Level 5: Deals 4570 damage to the target...is Stunned, deals an additional 2281 damage.
Character Release Info

Recruit Black Cat!

S.H.I.E.L.D. Training - Heroes for Hire
  • Starts: 6/20/19, 07:00am ET
  • Ends: 6/27/19, 07:00am ET
  • Cost: 7,000 Hero Points
  • Contents: 
    • Kingpin (Wilson Fisk) Purple Cover
    • Star-Lord (Legendary Outlaw) Yellow Cover
    • 16x Elite Tokens
    • 6x Command Points
    • 20,000 Iso-8
Black Cat & Foes - Limited Vault
  • Starts: 6/23/19, 8:00am ET
  • Ends: 6/27/19, 3:00pm ET
  • 80 Items: 
    • 1x Legendary Token
    • 3x Beginner Support Tokens
    • 1x Random Black Cat (Master Thief) Cover
    • 2x Random 4-Star Covers from the Call for Backup missions, with an option of the following characters:
      • Hawkeye (Ronin)
      • Kingpin (Wilson Fisk)
      • Star-Lord (Legendary Outlaw)
    • 21x 3-Star Covers
      • 3x Featured
      • 18x Random
    • 52x 2-Star Covers
      • 10x Featured
      • 42x Random

Event Schedule

Infinite Pursuit - Story Event
  • Starts: 6/20/19, 07:00am ET
  • Ends: 6/24/19, 02:00am ET
  • Black Cat (Master Thief) in Placement Rewards
S.H.I.E.L.D. Training - New Character Event
  • Starts: 6/20/19, 07:00am ET
  • Ends: 6/27/19, 07:00am ET
  • Rewards tokens to Infinite Pursuit, Random cover of Black Cat (Master Thief), and more
Honor Among Thieves - Story Event
  • Starts: 6/24/19, 7:00am ET
  • Ends: 6/29/19, 2:00am ET
  • Black Cat (Master Thief) in Progression Rewards
  • Rewards tokens to the Black Cat & Foes vault
Nine Lives - Versus Tournament
  • Starts: 6/23/19, 8:00am ET
  • Ends: 6/26/19 3:00pm ET
  • Black Cat (Master Thief) in Progression Rewards
  • Rewards tokens to the Black Cat & Foes vault
What do you think is Black Cat's best build? Vote down below!

**** Black Cat (Master Thief) **** 44 votes

5/5/3
9%
ThanosBorstockPalookavillehelix72 4 votes
5/4/4
13%
Yasurujackstar0Lilithcrackninjafurbear00000SaltyK 6 votes
5/3/5
77%
OzarkBoatswainPolaresxdoggabmorazZootSaxTrilateralusPongieMalcrofTwomp_thaDJWarbringaLLohmammenellThe Viceroy Returnsbonny79KGBMirrorKnightDyingLegendbk201ReecohAnon 34 votes
4/5/4
0%
4/4/5
0%
3/5/5
0%

Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/3/5
    Easy 5/3/5 for me. Oh man that Purple...
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like this kit. Purple stun, cheap Green that benefits from a stun, fun Black (even if it relies on an opponent matching black to kick off).
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/4/4
    Nice to see 4*s getting much lower-cost and still strong abilities.

Kudos to the people who pull out Archangel for her PvP.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/3/5
    All the fun stuff keeps dropping in the 4* tier. I can’t decide if that’s good or bad. 

Another must have.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,499 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/5/3
    5/5/3 for me. That's a great purple. Black over green because her green isn't AoE. As a 5-star player, I have other greens I can use. 

She'll be buried under dilution, but a max-champ Felicia+JJ would be annoying with those trap tiles. You KNOW the AI would make you cry. 
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    5/3/5
    BlackCat + Iceman + Vulture would be a sweet stun-lock team in 4* Land
    Vulture's black feeding both her green and Bobby's blue to keep the stuns coming often and hitting hard.
    Pick up some of her purple along the way and you're really set.

That or replace Iceman with Peggy (and her blue) if you want a red user, too.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/3/5
    Looks pretty good, too bad she won't be viable for me for at least 6-12 months until i fully cover her.

May RNG be on my side 
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    5/4/4
    Purple at 5 is a given.
    The increase in damage for black going from 4 to 5 covers is negligible, but raising the threshold for the number of trap tiles is huge, so 5-4-4 feels like the way to go.
    I'm assuming that purple will be the color they only put in the highest of rewards, pretty unfortunate for the bulk of the playerbase
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    5/3/5
    JHawkInc said:
    I like this kit. Purple stun, cheap Green that benefits from a stun, fun Black (even if it relies on an opponent matching black to kick off).
    It looks to me like those trap tiles are friendly ones, and only activate on your own matches. It shouldn't require any triggering from the opponent.
  • Anon
    5/3/5
    MrEd95 said:
    JHawkInc said:
    It looks to me like those trap tiles are friendly ones, and only activate on your own matches. It shouldn't require any triggering from the opponent.
    Seems you are correct.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Anon said:
    MrEd95 said:
    JHawkInc said:
    Seems you are correct.
    Correct. In addition, Black Cat will create a Trap tile immediately on the first turn of the battle.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    People are loving that purple, and it looks good.  But if I really want a good cheap sun, then I have gamora and ice already.  6ap v. 7ap is big difference. And black cat's stun can't be multi-cast.

Green is where it's at.  6ap for 4-6k damage in the 4* t tier is great.

Black seems nice, but likely to be there dump skill.

She is squishy too. 

Overall seems like a worthy addition to the tier that is potentially rendered superflous by bring ~ 90th in release order.

Edited for spelling.
  • Anon
    5/3/5
    Vhailorx said:
    People are loving that people, and it looks good.  But if I really want a good cheap sun, then I have gamora and ice already.  6ap v. 7ap is big difference. And black cat's stun can't be multi-cast.
    Yeah it's a 7ap stun, but it's a 7ap 4 turn stun that also does 3k damage and launches her airborne for a turn. And that's on Purple which doesn't have many stun powers (Mystique and 5* Daredevil are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head. Scarlet Witch too, but who cares).

Sure Iceman and Gamora have her beat, but it's still a fantastic power.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ooo, passive AP steal. That's always appealing to me, though it doesn't look too great.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,124 Chairperson of the Boards
    Seems good, wish I had a better Ronin to get in early, but oh well. Maybe I'll get lucky with a token.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wonder how her purple interacts with Archangel's blue passive?  Whose stun gets applied first?
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    It'd also be interesting to see how her black passive interacts with powers that change tile colours (e.g. Jubilee's Light Show).  If you have the maximum number of black trap tiles, and one of those tiles is  turned red, will Black Cat create another trap tile?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,124 Chairperson of the Boards
    jamesh said:
    I wonder how her purple interacts with Archangel's blue passive?  Whose stun gets applied first?
    Almost certainly Archangel wins, since her stun resolves on landing and his resolves on aitborne
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    Awesome! And the airborne bit looks vaguely familiar.  Looks like I’ll have to start on my Legion concept and try and get that to be a reality now.   :D

Edit: Legion concept up. Shadow King too.  Fingers crossed.
  • Gold_Dragon
    Gold_Dragon Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Her stun looks better than iceman’s and gamora’s. The stun is longer, deals damage, and you still get the stun if she’s thrown airborne by someone else. Put her with 5* Carol or gwenpool for lols