*** Spider-Man (Classic) ***

Options

Comments

• Spidey: Probably increase the healing amount from webs (yellow skill) and decrease it's cost by 1

Venom: Perhaps decrease his web based skills by 1? Does anyone actually use spidey/venom combo?
  • I wish I recorded this...I got stuned from turn 2 by the AI and by turn 4-5 complete lockdown. The AI cascaded a few blue and it was game over. I was frustrated. I was angry. I wanted my own max blue spidey. and I think that skill has to be changed as the 2 ap meta is going to go away with min being around 5-6. Rags went from 2AP red to 6 AP red. My guess is that Spidey Blue will go to 6 AP as well and as well as Mags. If 5-6 ap min. is the floor then its only fair to change that for all heroes that utilize the minimum AP cast amount.

Spider Man has a more expensive stun than Modern Widow. Modern Widow can stun the whole team. That's the equivalent of 3 webs or 6 AP, but the current target gets stunned for 5 turns, technically that's 5 webs on the board worth, or 10 AP. Modern widow needs 9 blue to stun what spider man must have no less than 10 blue to accomplish. After a while the webs tend to accumulate but while the upfront cost is more expensive, him being a 3* gives him the benefit of being able to perpetuate a 5-turn stun.

Modern Widow is easy to make go away, spider man is not. The issue is with people not understanding how to counter him. I've rarely been caught in a spider man endless stun. Usually happens in the forest.
  • The forest is dangerous with any stunlock character, especially if Modern Storm is there. Since she generates so much AP with environmental tiles and her green, the AI will keep you stunlocked for a while as they slowly whittle you down. I've been stunlocked by Venom/M.Storm on the forest.
  • Out of curiosity, does the AI actually use Spidey intelligently? Sorry if this sounds snarky or like a brag, but I usually kill him before he can get more than a couple stuns off. (And since I have a 5-blue Spidey of my own, I usually don't mind when this happens.)
  • I've went against teams that were Hood or OBW/Buffed Character/Spidey, so I elected to take out OBW or Hood first. Which left Spidey to gain some AP.

The AI will only stunlock you if it gets flushed with blue AP (via cascades or enviro tiles). But even then, it will screw itself by using it's healing the first chance it gets (thus erasing all those webbed tiles).

So, you take some damage, but still have the ability to come back and win.
  • WilliamK99 wrote:
    People like the OP are reasons I hate games...If people stopped whining and **** and instead played the game, there would be less nerfing...

I don't know but there was no **** when ragnarok was being used all day long. In fact, it was the **** that came about after nerfing ragnarok. Then the **** after boosts cost real money. Not so much **** when thor and wolvie got nerfed because by that time we already knew everything was being nerfed. Now spidey will get nerfed, OBW for sure will get nerfed. Magneto will get nerfed because I can lock down a team if I have 5 blue and the board has a smattering of blue on it.

Nerf all the things!
  • Typhon13 wrote:
    kubrick wrote:
    spidey needs to be nerfed as soon as possible because the blue ability is too powerful...
    magneto is also another target need to be nerfed next ... dev pls do the nerf immediately...
    Ok, nerf these guys because I lose to them. In fact just nerf everyone but my top three. Screw everyone else, they're taking advantage of an unfair character, even though I am just as likely to get covers for him as they are. No, because I choose not to use him, no one can.
    Come on man, don't be so selfish. I don't even use spidey and I see nothing wrong.

no I don't lose to them...
    They are 100% safe in retaliation. Especially if a tank is covering his blues.
    When you attack, you should be concerned with will this guy hurt me enough that I don't want to play them. Obw Imo is a good example of a healer. Yes she can heal, but can she out heal the incoming damage
  • Bugpop wrote:
    I wish I recorded this...I got stuned from turn 2 by the AI and by turn 4-5 complete lockdown. The AI cascaded a few blue and it was game over. I was frustrated. I was angry. I wanted my own max blue spidey. and I think that skill has to be changed as the 2 ap meta is going to go away with min being around 5-6. Rags went from 2AP red to 6 AP red. My guess is that Spidey Blue will go to 6 AP as well and as well as Mags. If 5-6 ap min. is the floor then its only fair to change that for all heroes that utilize the minimum AP cast amount.

Spider Man has a more expensive stun than Modern Widow. Modern Widow can stun the whole team. That's the equivalent of 3 webs or 6 AP, but the current target gets stunned for 5 turns, technically that's 5 webs on the board worth, or 10 AP. Modern widow needs 9 blue to stun what spider man must have no less than 10 blue to accomplish. After a while the webs tend to accumulate but while the upfront cost is more expensive, him being a 3* gives him the benefit of being able to perpetuate a 5-turn stun.

Modern Widow is easy to make go away, spider man is not. The issue is with people not understanding how to counter him. I've rarely been caught in a spider man endless stun. Usually happens in the forest.
    Poor example,
    mbw is 5x1 1x1 1x1 for 9 ap
    Spiderman can with say 10 ap
    stun guy 1 for 1 turn followed by 4 more turns
    Stun guy 2 for 2 turns followed 2 turns later for 5 more turns
    stun guy 3 for 3 turns
    So 10 a = 3 uninterrupted turns.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    pulis wrote:
    WilliamK99 wrote:
    People like the OP are reasons I hate games...If people stopped whining and **** and instead played the game, there would be less nerfing...

I don't know but there was no **** when ragnarok was being used all day long. In fact, it was the **** that came about after nerfing ragnarok. Then the **** after boosts cost real money. Not so much **** when thor and wolvie got nerfed because by that time we already knew everything was being nerfed. Now spidey will get nerfed, OBW for sure will get nerfed. Magneto will get nerfed because I can lock down a team if I have 5 blue and the board has a smattering of blue on it.

Nerf all the things!

There was a lot of ****. Probably more for Ragnarok than for anybody else in the game (C Storm being second). There were multiple threads about him ruining the game and multiple polls on whether he should be nerfed or not.
  • The answer to Spider-Man's stun is to increase the AP cost by one per web tile on the board.

I mean, 2 AP for a single target, 1 turn stun isn't out of line. It's just when it ramps up and starts to roll stuns on an entire team for the whole match that he becomes too good.
  • The answer to Spider-Man's stun is to increase the AP cost by one per web tile on the board.

I mean, 2 AP for a single target, 1 turn stun isn't out of line. It's just when it ramps up and starts to roll stuns on an entire team for the whole match that he becomes too good.

I sadly agree. When Spidey is reworked, the defense wins will climb, Hulk will be on everyone's squad, and there will be a lot more healing in the Prologue or simply more downtime.
  • SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

If you guys mention a Spidey nerf, they Devs will hear you. I for one love the spidey 2ap Stun. Honestly, without that, I don't know if I could even beat half the missions I have beaten (PVE-wise).
  • SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

If you guys mention a Spidey nerf, they Devs will hear you. I for one love the spidey 2ap Stun. Honestly, without that, I don't know if I could even beat half the missions I have beaten (PVE-wise).
    Yea, they already announced that he is being funbalanced. I doubt it is a buff. Plus, they are changing any ability that costs less than 5AP not counting passives.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The answer to Spider-Man's stun is to increase the AP cost by one per web tile on the board.

That's a very interesting idea. I hope it gets considered.

I do wish developers would try out the simplest suggestion, made over and over -- don't buff an overpowered character.

Currently,
    1. He's one of the few available characters in Heroic Mode, and was mandatory when levels were 230.
    2. He's buffed in the Lightning Rounds.
    3. He's the top reward in Best There Is.

Forcing a character to be used a lot skews the statistics.
    "Fellow devs, in the last few weeks where we've made character X mandatory, he's being used in almost every team. We need to decrease his usage."
    "Lots of players are complaining about seeing him everywhere the last few weeks. We must nerfbat him."

The exact same thing happened to C.Storm, Ragnarok, Thor, and Wolverine. All got buffs in the days and hours before their nerf.

I call it the "D3 Promotion of Doom" effect. When they really seem to like and promote a particular character, it means they are doomed. It's like a grisly going away party. It's almost like they time it to maximize player outrage.

If, for the next two weeks, Spiderman wasn't selectable in a few events, and he wasn't buffed in any events, then his usage would drop. And whatever nerf they used on him wouldn't be as painful.

Currently, healing is whacked. It takes Hulk 8 hours to heal from a fight. If that was 30-60 minutes, then healing wouldn't be so overwhelmingly crucial. If healing rates got increased significantly, that would nerf Spiderman's importance without hurting him as a character.
  • But the thing with Spidey, he really isn't that tough to kill in PVP, his life is pretty low, deny him blue/yellow and he isn't that tough.

But for "my" team, he's great. If they nerf his stun, he will all but be a useless 3* character. I really really really hope they don't make him useless ala 2* Wolverine.
  • I'm guessing Spiderman will get nerfed at the same time Magneto does, as it has already been confirmed that they both are. If anyone has been following the patch notes, their is a pattern where they are no longer doing "costs 1 AP less" ability leveling. They took it away from Thor, Wolverine, and Ragnarok, and I'm certain Spidey and Mags will be next since they both decrease their AP cost. I like it better this way, because like I said before in a post long ago, requiring a very low AP cost to use an ability takes away strategy out of a strategy game.
  • MennoKnight
    MennoKnight Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Options
    PhantomFO wrote:
    The thing with Spidey is it's not as simple as increasing the blue cost. His Yellow and Purple will probably also need review, because you will likely be cutting his web tile generation by at least 66%. Both the strength of his heal and the strength of his Protect Tiles rely on those web tiles, so his whole web-tile mechanic will need to be reviewed.

I think his max stun time is all that needs to be changed. My max blue Spidey would be lots harder to use if the stun topped out at 3 turns.

This sounds awesome. They could even look at an upgrade part where the AP increase is steeper (+2 or +3 to the cost), but lowers as you invest covers.

Makes it a lot more tactical, as you could also see the price rise for an opposing Spidey and make it too expensive to use him.
  • when they launch new character, spidey will be nerfed. for dev, it's the yellow that bothers them. people who got spidey won't buy healthpacks icon_lol.gif
    the blue stun is not a problem, cause the AI is too stupid to use on each opponent
  • Blue is a huge problem anyway, because it means less heroes are viable, since Spidey is just way too good. The less heroes are viable, the smaller the chances people will want to buy other covers or iso to level other heroes up.