S1 krakadoom! 19th-21st

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Right. I'm shielded at 852 points which was the absolute best I could do with attacks coming in hot. I'm at #17 now, top 10 starts at ~900. I'll just hope it'll be enough for top 50...
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Shielded until the end now, at a nudge past 1000 - that only puts me at #8 in the bracket, which is what I would have said if I hadn't picked up a defensive victory while typing. Currently at #7 with 1015pts. I feel slightly safer now for holding onto a top ten result. I hope most people have settled with this for now and are looking to S1 sim for any last minute season points.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Some 5deadlypoisons guy (rapheal something?...sorry, sorta regonoze the name but yea) was able to.hit me twice while I was shielded. So, there must be some delay or something between shielding and being removed from showing up new in ques.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Always love seeing that I was attacked by two people with less than 100 points each for 70 points, and 100 total. And those two who attacked me for 70, I could retaliate against them for a whopping 10 points total. This isn't "working at intended," this is just garbage. Unless that means I'm supposed to be constantly spending money on Shields...

Honestly thinking about calling this event quits. It is actually starting to get boring constantly fighting the same team over and over.
  • Unknown
    Options
    RichHurtz wrote:
    Always love seeing that I was attacked by two people with less than 100 points each for 70 points, and 100 total. And those two who attacked me for 70, I could retaliate against them for a whopping 10 points total. This isn't "working at intended," this is just garbage. Unless that means I'm supposed to be constantly spending money on Shields...

Indeed. You're not supposed to be playing for the last day of a PvP event, you're supposed to be shielding pretty much non stop with the occassional 2 minute boosted sprint match between shield expiry...

The fun is remembering to turn on your phone alarm to remind you to reshield.
  • Unknown
    Options
    RichHurtz wrote:

Indeed. You're not supposed to be playing for the last day of a PvP event, you're supposed to be shielding pretty much non stop with the occassional 2 minute boosted sprint match between shield expiry...

The fun is remembering to turn on your phone alarm to remind you to reshield.

You are doing it wrong.
    heThe issues is that they have created rough glass ceilings for players now (last few PvP since the NRA keying.change..little before?) here your expected score based on..what..team? Dictates how high you will get before being smashed against the wall. Ag that lvl, you are being told "now you have go shield." Then it becomes a matter of 1. Howuch money you want to spend (shield hopping" AMD how effective you shield hop (which only saves you a little money).

Edit: srry, fired, clicked submit on accident.

Anyway, you can do this any time (later is easier to allow others go have higher totals...basically PvP is one big rubberband fest) the difference is its harder in the last 1-3 hrs usually and that the sooner you do so the more shield hops you can do (aka, more money you can and HAVE to spend. If anything, you WANT to play the last day. Heck, last 8 hrs. That way, you only shield once or twice to keep whatever score you obtain.
  • Unknown
    Options
    NRA keying.change?

It's just frustrating. It's like that plateau I could reach in a PVP event before I'm pretty much blocked has gotten lower and lower during this Season. Now I reached one where I'm only getting matches in the low 20s at the most, which is pretty much just inviting retaliations. After losing 100 points last night, I got one retaliation for 30 some points, so I'm up to 571 and in 88th place. If I'm lucky, somehow manage to find a bunch of decent point matches, and don't keep getting attacked (that last one will NEVER happen), I MIGHT be able to break into the Top 50 and stay there. But the top 10 is already full of guys over 1000, all Shielded. It feels like the whole system is just designed so the rich stay rich, ya know? And it's hard not to get discouraged by it.

That's why I'm hoping once the Season is over, competition in the PvP events might not be quite as intense since the points won't be going to an overall total for bigger rewards. Because if it keeps up like this, trying to make the transition to 3* characters is going to be damn near impossible.

So the "system working properly" for PvPs is to not actually start them until the final... 8-12 hours? Just try to bum rush the top as quickly as you can, then Shield there?
  • Unknown
    Options
    RichHurtz wrote:
    NRA keying.change?

It's just frustrating. It's like that plateau I could reach in a PVP event before I'm pretty much blocked has gotten lower and lower during this Season. Now I reached one where I'm only getting matches in the low 20s at the most, which is pretty much just inviting retaliations. After losing 100 points last night, I got one retaliation for 30 some points, so I'm up to 571 and in 88th place. If I'm lucky, somehow manage to find a bunch of decent point matches, and don't keep getting attacked (that last one will NEVER happen), I MIGHT be able to break into the Top 50 and stay there. But the top 10 is already full of guys over 1000, all Shielded. It feels like the whole system is just designed so the rich stay rich, ya know? And it's hard not to get discouraged by it.

That's why I'm hoping once the Season is over, competition in the PvP events might not be quite as intense since the points won't be going to an overall total for bigger rewards. Because if it keeps up like this, trying to make the transition to 3* characters is going to be damn near impossible.

So the "system working properly" for PvPs is to not actually start them until the final... 8-12 hours? Just try to bum rush the top as quickly as you can, then Shield there?

Lol, my writing is horrible as I use a phone and about 8 months ago an android update messed with the location of the buttons..making.them more.crunched together. Therefore, I am always pressing slightly wrong buttons now. Then auto correct goes HAM on me.

Anyway, swap that for "New mmr change."

Also, close enough. The first 300-500 points don't matter when you get them too much. The later few hundred should be all in one stretch. Then you shield. Then you shield hop as you see fit. I mean, that's what I do at least. Seems to work.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Oookay. That makes a little more sense than NRA keying.change. icon_razz.gif

And I guess I'll try once it gets a little closer to the end? Though even if I manage to get into the tier that gives 1 Psylocke cover, mine will ONLY have 2 Blue covers.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    And don't get greedy shield-hopping.

Two, maybe three matches is all I seem to get in before getting smacked around again.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Feeling pleased with yourself? Enjoying the cut and thrust of the last day of a season? Why not bring yourself down by taking a look through the SimKrakadoomCam...

Cue up best fight you can find at 1100+ (20 points).
    Boost yourself inside out.
    Unshield.
    Beat your opponent in under two minutes.
    Meanwhile...
    In that time get hit three times by one person.
    One person with a roster that would blow over in a strong wind.
    Drop 100 points.
    Reshield.
    Have a little cry.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Great. I was trying to score some points, maybe put myself in a spot to have a chance at at least getting 1 Psylocke cover. It's better than nothing, right? Play one game, win it, get in the high 20s for points. Go to play another game, the Top Node, against the usual Thor and OBW. Every time I have enough Purple AP to use Aggressive Recon, a random move the enemy makes just happens to lead to a Purple match that puts me one away from using it. Then the enemy keeps getting cascades until it has JUST enough AP to use ALL of Thor's moves before I could do anything.

Seriously, what the hell? How am I supposed to make any progress when stuff like that keeps happening?
  • Unknown
    Options
    I got to about 1036 and shielded, which SHOULD be enough for a top 10 finish.

This new bracketing is getting out of control when you have to get 1000 or 1100 to finish in the top 10.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Simius wrote:
    Drop 100 points.
    Reshield.
    Have a little cry.
    what was that person's name? it might be a cheater.
  • Unknown
    Options
    locked wrote:
    Simius wrote:
    Drop 100 points.
    Reshield.
    Have a little cry.

If you report a cheater and D3 doesn't investigate the matter, does it make a difference?

There are complaints about one guy on the season 1 thread using a certain hack and he's still listed in my Krakadoom bracket as a leader.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I swear to Jeebus, it's either one of 2 ways in pvp with me now. Either i get attacked constantly from 650 onwards and struggle to even reach 800 or what happened now, getting to 950 without been attacked once. I much prefer the 2nd way. Please give me more of those.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Teke184 wrote:
    locked wrote:
    Simius wrote:
    Drop 100 points.
    Reshield.
    Have a little cry.

If you report a cheater and D3 doesn't investigate the matter, does it make a difference?

There are complaints about one guy on the season 1 thread using a certain hack and he's still listed in my Krakadoom bracket as a leader.

It's gbr33, who by the looks of things has been doing the same thing to a fair few others so I'm pretty sure is indulging in skullduggery. There's a CS report with their name on it winging its way through the intertubes as we speak.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Simius wrote:
    Teke184 wrote:
    locked wrote:
    Simius wrote:
    Drop 100 points.
    Reshield.
    Have a little cry.

It's gbr33, who by the looks of things has been doing the same thing to a fair few others so I'm pretty sure is indulging in skullduggery. There's a CS report with their name on it winging its way through the intertubes as we speak.

That's the exact guy I was referring to.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Off with his head!!
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    qtquazar wrote:
    I'm shielded out at 1114 for the next 8 hours. Hit away.

Oh, and if anyone sees Polroid on the way up, please pound him/her for me. Stopped me on the cusp of 1100 ~5 times. If you're on the forums, know that I'm hunting for your name in game from now on unless you let me know why you couldn't wait for me to cross after the first couple times, especially when you couldn't hold 900.

Kudos to Reckless and Slobofix for at least offering some decent points. Feel free to retal on me if I'm still queued.

I never saw him in a node. But, if it makes you feel any better...I'm about 600 points above him in S1 now. I'm in 13th at 14,092 and he's 14th at 13,616.