S1 krakadoom! 19th-21st

Options
MajinDavid
MajinDavid Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
Another time to team up with everyone's favorite cyborg.

The rewards for this great tournament are as follows
Rank 1: green invisible woman + all rewards given to 2-5 rank.
Rank 2-5: red and blue psylock covers, 3k ISO, and 100hp
Rank 6-10: red and blue psylock covers, 2.5k ISO and 100hp
11-25: blue psylock, 2.5k ISO and 100hp
26-50: blue psylock, 1.5k ISO and 50hp
51-100: purple bullseye, 1.5k ISO and 50hp
101-150: purple bullseye, 1k ISO and 25hp
151-200: purple bullseye, 500iso
201-250: 3x recruit tokens, 250 ISO
251-300: 2x recruit tokens and 250 ISO
301-400: 1x recruit token, 250 ISO
401-500: 250 ISO

Note worthy progression rewards:
25: recruit token
300: krakadoom recruit token
600: black bullseye
900: 50hp
1100: green ragnarok
1300: yellow Xforce wolverine

Alliance rewards:
1-2 black psylock, 2k ISO 250hp
3-50: black psylock, 2k ISO and 100 hp
51-100:black psylock, 2k ISO, 50hp
101-250: 1.5k ISO, 50hp
251-500: 1k ISO, 50hp
501-1000: 500iso, 50hp
1001-2500: 200 ISO, 50hp
2501-5000: 200 ISO
5001-10000: 140 ISO

Given this looks like the last event of the season it might be a bloodbath. Good luck everyone.

Comments

• over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Are the dates correct? Thanks for creating the thread.
    This will be a bloodbath alright.
    Is anyone - anyone - running a 3-5-5 Psylocke btw? Still barely seeing her in PvP but she's there sometimes.
    Alas I would again need to sweat for a top 10 if I want that 5th red. And 5-3-5 is the most agreed on build.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ragnarok again? Blergh.

But at least this is Psylocke and it's European ending time. Finally! I don't have her yet... and this one will be a bitter fight.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Currently have a 115 3.3.5 Psylocke so not exactly happy the red is the hardest to get when we get nudged into the death brackets 100% of the time. Sold at least 4 black psylocke covers already randomly, one of my more common pulls. Not willing to burn hp on shields like I did to get the last Thor cover. In theory if Psylocke is next PvP can again in theory get the red at 1100.

Do not enjoy the rags events.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Chimaera wrote:
    Currently have a 115 3.3.5 Psylocke so not exactly happy the red is the hardest to get when we get nudged into the death brackets 100% of the time. Sold at least 4 black psylocke covers already randomly, one of my more common pulls. Not willing to burn hp on shields like I did to get the last Thor cover. In theory if Psylocke is next PvP can again in theory get the red at 1100.

After this tourney we can make a trade - I'll give You 1 Red, You'll give me 1 Black. My Psy is 533, so she'll be more than happy.

Deal?
  • Unknown
    Options
    btw got to 300 and put on tank team (loaner, MStorm50, Bullseye15) - hit it!
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My Psyduck has been fully covered for months, so this _would_ be a tank tournament.
    Thanks for extending the season, D3!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Chimaera wrote:

On the other hand, I've ended up with 5/3/2 and suspect I won't be getting any blacks. They must plan it to drive us the most nuts somehow ^.~
  • kennardfr
    kennardfr Posts: 69 Match Maker
    Options
    Rags again! It is, what, the third or fourth time during this season? Could they not have proposed something else?
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    Chimaera wrote:

After this tourney we can make a trade - I'll give You 1 Red, You'll give me 1 Black. My Psy is 533, so she'll be more than happy.

Deal?
    And I'll put my hand up for any loose black covers after that! My 3/3/- Psyduck would be most grateful icon_e_biggrin.gif

Sidenote: I played two matches earlier just to jump into a bracket - first guy retaliated almost immediately and lost. I'll take 120 points from two matches anytime icon_lol.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    I only have 1 Blue cover for Psylocke so far. Haven't been able to get any more. So I wouldn't mind getting another 1 or 2 covers for her from this Event. Thinking I'll just end up going with OBW and Wolvie/Ares/Whatever for this one. Still getting the hang of it. icon_razz.gif

Going to wait a day or a day and a half or something, then get into it. See if I might get lucky and get into a slightly easier bracket than the one I was in for the Lazy Daken event.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:

Deal?

Sounds fine to me, trading would make this bracket **** not that big a big deal anymore. I like Psylocke a lot, one of my most used chars in PvE but as shes not tier 1 not usable outside of buffed PvP.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Chimaera wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:

Deal?

Sounds fine to me, trading would make this bracket **** not that big a big deal anymore. I like Psylocke a lot, one of my most used chars in PvE but as shes not tier 1 not usable outside of buffed PvP.
    Yeah, I think she's great. I love cheap spammable abilities.

Actually, if she'll be the featured hero in the next PvP, I might consider staying 3 days longer.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    My run of no 3*s from tokens has finally broken! And of course it's Spidey now he's being nerfed icon_rolleyes.gif

JK - it's finally nice to have more than one Spidey cover. I've been sitting on one yellow since mid-January.

My MMR must be weird: I've been seeing some unusual combinations in my nodes so far. There's been the usual OBW+Tank teams in spades but I've also seen a few MN Mags + MN Thor, CStorm + Daredevil(?), MN Mags + AWolvie and sitting in my queue right now I have OBW + X-Force*. Most of them are less than L85 and those that are actually maxed have sub-optimal cover combinations (MN Mags with 5 blues more than once).

*The last one's only worth 19 but I'm tempted to hit it anyway just for the sake of taking out one X-Force in the season icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    it seems their last stealth update have reverted back mmr where it once was.. 85 teams nodes from the start and no 141 to be seen as i reach the 300 pts treshold.. it feels good to play that way.. for a change, d3 have listened to us.. im gonna postpone my break finally..
  • Unknown
    edited May 2014
    Options
    At least i need those psy covers so i won't complain.
    And I have a solid team for this tourney as well. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    it seems their last stealth update have reverted back mmr where it once was.. 85 teams nodes from the start and no 141 to be seen as i reach the 300 pts treshold.. it feels good to play that way.. for a change, d3 have listened to us.. im gonna postpone my break finally..
    Nah, I think our MMR lowered due to this crapload of attacks we got in Daken tourney.
  • unimatrix
    unimatrix Posts: 228
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    Nah, I think our MMR lowered due to this crapload of attacks we got in Daken tourney.

I thought MMR doesn't matter anymore? Just how many days that you're in the game matters in terms of matchmaking?
  • Unknown
    Options
    unimatrix wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:

I thought MMR doesn't matter anymore? Just how many days that you're in the game matters in terms of matchmaking?
    Maybe... ain't all this a speculation only? I'm totally confused...
  • Unknown
    Options
    Well, something has definitely changed. I'm suddenly seeing those tasty 35-40 points targets everyone keeps talking about, whereas before I only saw people worth 20, 25, 28 points tops, even right after joining. I have the impression my last bracket in the Daken PvP was a bit easier too, although not having the ranking summary I'm not 100% sure. I did get fewer retaliation and attacks, although that might have been because of leaving Ares and Thor on defense overnight. Let's see how this one pans out.
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Well.. we're in the dark about changes made (i'm sure there was an update on friday or saturday) .. anyway it seems to be in the good direction and as a result, a more balance progression in pvp like 1-2 weeks ago... is it permanent? i don't know.. But i'd rather have pvp how it construct now than all the **** load we've been through the 3 last one..