Support Circuit - Hiatus (4/5/19)

Options
12346»

Comments

• Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    What should be an easy change would be to set the supports store to the mode it was in during the off weeks of Support Circuit. The dilution would be horrible, but at least every support would be possible.

I'm sure anyone still chasing something in the current store would not like this because it would make the odds much tougher for a specific support.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Personally, if they aren't going to rotate the tokens to ensure a fair and balanced opportunity, just remove them and replace them with 3* covers or whatever was in there before the tokens.

Nothing is more dissappointing that drawing a support token from the vault and realize its a dead resource that can't contribute to your roster or play.
  • SymmeTrey
    SymmeTrey Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2019
    Options
    At least rotate the support token pulls to some new supports for crying out loud. Or open the tokens back up to all supports, fully diluted.

I can understand taking time to evaluate the Circuit and method of earning supports, but, as it stands today, the current crop of tokens have been in place so long that they are essentially worthless to anyone who has been playing the game regularly since they came into place.

Meanwhile, supports that aren't in the current support token store are literally impossible to earn through any means and that has been the case for months.

Until the store is updated, earning a support token from a vault is essentially a wasted vault pull.
  • Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm just as bugged by them pulling SC. It was a decent source of resources at the very least, and they yanked that from us. 
  • Projectus2501
    Projectus2501 Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Almost finishing upgrading all my supports...
  • Projectus2501
    Projectus2501 Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Zzzzzzzzz
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Holy heck!!!  You finally updated the support store!!!   Is support Circuit coming back next?!??
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This is very good news, because Vibranium Ore is available again.  I'd love to get 3* or higher for that one.
  • SymmeTrey
    SymmeTrey Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thanks for finally updating the supports store!
  • Hilk
    Hilk Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Holy heck!!!  You finally updated the support store!!!   Is support Circuit coming back next?!??
    Anyone seen any communication around this?
  • RentedPanda
    RentedPanda Posts: 95 Match Maker
    Options
    The current event reminds us how inherently unstable red iso is.  Is this why the support circuit has been gone so long?
  • captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I really hope the big lack of change overall is due to the engine upgrade.  Hopefully supports will be addressed soon.  Contrary to popular opinion, I enjoy supports.  They give some variation to those with a handful of 5 champs. 

I wish they were useful for PVP though.  They won't be a true 6 star replacement until they are.
  • Sabaton74
    Sabaton74 Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    Options
    jackstar0 said:

And if placement doesn't guarantee progress, let's just make it a progression-only style event!
    When support circuit came out I was psyched, enjoying the opportunity to grab the supports I never had a shot at; still champing 3*s. Cringing when the forums were so toasted over the event. still miss the support circuit. sad when it wasn't in the recent survey,  mentioned it in chat scroll and teammates were like "what's support circuit?" Me "we played it together" :o

I would really enjoy seeing more progression only styled events, ever since the prologue became a red zone. The frantic leader boards and time squeeze built into these events sucks a lot of fun. A year into mpq and the grind has finally become enjoyable again.(Chavez boosted this week ;)

I wonder what purchasable progression stories would do for player retention. 

Ps I appreciate the progress completion wo all essentials  keep up the good coding. 
  • Kletvar
    Kletvar Posts: 91 Match Maker
    Options
    Personally, I would be happy just to see the triple boss node from the circuit embedded in DDQ, run every 5 days with support and riso rewards.  
    this !
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,710 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:

Supports in PVP on offense only.....but faster hits will mean smaller windows for clean hops and probably a lot of angry people.  I'm not sure they should ever be in there.  .
    Strongly disagree. They may make a lot of people angry? Tough Bishop tbh, we are talking about the very upper end of pvp already exploiting the system with a certain game style. Good thing if it makes hops shorter. To carry on that game style would be more costly in HP.

Mostly though, this is the very system we should have to give players a chance to punch up or level the playing field, rather than a Bishop. Quicker pvp and add some interesting combinations and work arounds with supports.

The sooner they are more available and in offensive pvp the better.