Support Circuit - Hiatus (4/5/19)

Options

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jp1 said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    I once got a warning just for using the @ function on this forum towards a mod, so using it 4 times is probably = jail time. 

I admire Rockett's persistence though, I bet he gets served in a pub in super quick time!

Wow. Seriously? That’s a bit excessive. 
    I'm not sure I can discuss details but yeah, it happened and the best thing was that it was actually meant as a bit of a breather to break up things in a thread where the Devs were getting trashed!
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    I once got a warning just for using the @ function on this forum towards a mod, so using it 4 times is probably = jail time. 

I admire Rockett's persistence though, I bet he gets served in a pub in super quick time!

I haven’t got a warning in sometime so we will see if it happens now.  In fact, if they wouldn’t want to be @ then disable the function.  We will see what happens next week.  Oh and, yes I do but I tip very well. 
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I just got my first warning last week. #milestones

Good to see I’m not the only criminal here.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I’ve had a few warnings in my time. The injustice still rankles 😉

tbh I have quite a lot of sympathy for @Brigby and the mods. There are rules and someone has to police them or we’re no better than savages. 
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Using the @ symbol towards someone is now considered savage? 

I think ignoring the many inquiries that are made throughout the week is straight up rude and terrible customer service. It makes it slightly difficult to feel sorry for them.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A lot of missing information and context are not revealed here. Just saying. 
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    A lot of missing information and context are not revealed here. Just saying. 
    Who, by me?

I received a warning message for using the @ sign directed at Brigby (this was quite some time ago, I could confirm the exact date it happened as I still have the warning message but I don't wish to break any rules) by an ex-Moderator of this site (not going to reveal who it was as that isn't fair) - I was accused of mis-using the function by suggesting that whilst the forum was waiting for servers to get going again after an outage and to try and calm down the pitchforks and flames that were being hurled around that we should all suggest names for a Brigby based alliance.

I assume that my intent was misinterpreted (wouldn't be the first time!) and I really meant no harm but there is definitely a rule that covers the (interpreted as being) mis-use of using the @ functions, especially where it might be conceived as causing harrassment, spamming or for trivial content.
  • Rhadamanthus23
    Rhadamanthus23 Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Just rotating the available supports would be great.  The only one I'm chasing, Vibranium Ore, has not been available for months and I'm ready to stop hoarding tokens any time now.
    I'm pretty sure tokens aren't saved when the content in the Support Store rotated. They said that in the announcement of Support Circuit (or in an explanatory post after questions arose). So, it's possible you'll lose your saved support tokens if that is automated and they rotate the supports.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just rotating the available supports would be great.  The only one I'm chasing, Vibranium Ore, has not been available for months and I'm ready to stop hoarding tokens any time now.
    I'm pretty sure tokens aren't saved when the content in the Support Store rotated. They said that in the announcement of Support Circuit (or in an explanatory post after questions arose). So, it's possible you'll lose your saved support tokens if that is automated and they rotate the supports.
    You could definitely save tokens in the prior rotations (although we only got...one.....rotation) and use them once the Supports updated.

The thing you could not save was the vault tokens that you earned from playing Support Circuit.  Well, you could save them, but they were not usable for the next Support Circuit vault. Which there were only ever two of, anyway.  So the saved tokens just randomly pulled from a store with the prior vault's contents once it closed.

Anyway, re:  Support token rotation.....Whether that would be the case for whatever they do next is certainly another question.  We don't know if they will ever do another Support Circuit, or rotate the tokens the same way they had been, or if they will completely abandon THAT distribution model in favor of something totally different.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'd still like a rank 3 yaro root, please, and thank you.
  • DAZ0273
    Options

As Dr. Strange might say...
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @The rockett  Don't forget the pie.

• CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hello darkness, my old friend
    I've come to talk with you again
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    @The rockett I'm honestly impressed by the initiative, regardless of if it ends up being just a theoretical concept in the end. (No lie. I even looked up Panera locations to see if there was even one nearby. TIL there's one on the same road as us  :D )

While I currently don't have any updates to provide, rest assured that it is still something on our to-do list to address. I'm afraid, we just don't have a time-frame or details available to communicate at the moment.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I see nothings changed with this game. We'll take something away from you for 3 months but not tell you why or when it might return. Classic D3.  :D
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby said:
    @The rockett I'm honestly impressed by the initiative, regardless of if it ends up being just a theoretical concept in the end. (No lie. I even looked up Panera locations to see if there was even one nearby. TIL there's one on the same road as us  :D )

While I currently don't have any updates to provide, rest assured that it is still something on our to-do list to address. I'm afraid, we just don't have a time-frame or details available to communicate at the moment.
    At this point a simply refresh of random supports seems like a simple and very pleasing update. Until a better solution that is.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I can appreciate you recognize the old system wasn't ideal.   But, you understand that, "We run absolutely nothing indefinitely," isn't therefore better, don't you?

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:

Actions speak louder than words.

And when there are no actions and the words are deliberately saying nothing...

It is become increasingly difficult to discuss "shout uselessly into the void" our dissatisfaction with the current course of action without repeating ourselves. You could have replaced your post with a foul bodily sound and gotten most of the point across. As could I, at this point.

To put it in a far more constructive manner, I am feeling anything but "assured."