Game crashes during almost every match [Investigating]

Options

Comments

• InfiniteChaos
    InfiniteChaos Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    Options
    starfall said:
    Does resetting the app help with the problem at all?

(Not that that's a convenient or even reliable way of doing it)
    It does but is not reliable.  I was able to play most matches last weekend by resetting the device before every match but certain in-game events would still cause the app to crash.

After it crashed following this method, I gave up and started playing on my wife's new iPad Air Pro - and there haven't been any issues for me this event since.
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, I was trying to play on my old iPad 3 and it works but it's so heavy and uncomfortable to hold... I ended up only playing half the event on the weekend to my own chagrin because I couldn't stand it. I want my phone to work again...
  • Grixis197
    Grixis197 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I just can’t play like this no more they aren’t sorting it out fast enough.
  • Kinesia
    Options
    I gave in to my despondancy and bought a new phone, and Xs which has no problems. But this is still unacceptable... Other people in my coalition don't have the luxury of doing that and still can't play. People a quitting more than normal. Others are scoring less than normal because they give up after a few crashes, it's really depressing and affecting the rest of people's lives because this is a portable escape that has now turned into a portable torture chamber full of despair and disappointment.
  • Kinesia
    Options
    And I'm so depressed that I can't read the rest of the forums... Just reload this one page, looking for relief.

• Talahamut
    Talahamut Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Same here... I was hoping there was some progress being made. Or at least a statement saying "Sorry, iPhone 6 series just can't be supported anymore." At least then I know not to expect anything more.

As it stands, I can only play by resetting the app constantly and just hoping I don't get a random crash (which especially happens during long matches or matches with a lot of board shake). There's zero chance I'll spend money again with that experience.
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,611 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Talahamut said:
    Same here... I was hoping there was some progress being made. Or at least a statement saying "Sorry, iPhone 6 series just can't be supported anymore." At least then I know not to expect anything more.

As it stands, I can only play by resetting the app constantly and just hoping I don't get a random crash (which especially happens during long matches or matches with a lot of board shake). There's zero chance I'll spend money again with that experience.
    My recent experience with iPhone SE is extremely smooth running app. It is like they have turned down some features, which have been for the better - at least on that device.
  • reaperuk
    reaperuk Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Playing the new pharaoh God event and game crashes every time. But using exactly same deck in training grounds doesn't crash. Any suggestions?
  • Talahamut
    Options
    I haven't even bothered trying RotGP… Each node requires crafting a new deck and it's at best a 50/50 shot whether I can do that without a crash.
  • Kinesia
    Options
    @Tombstone is there any response to this yet? Any sign of hope? Or do people with iPhone 6 no longer supported? If so that needs to be made clear and those people compensated.

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone. The team is still working on figuring out what's going on. Last I heard there were some partial fixes to it, but it's not completely ironed out yet.

I'll be sure to ping the engineer that's investigating and see if I can get an update this week.
  • Talahamut
    Options
    ...one...ping...only...
  • AaronYonda
    AaronYonda Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Playing on my iPad mini.  Not only do I still have the same problem, but now it’s even worse and I can’t even get into a match. I’m done trying to figure out what’s going on here. I’m done with this game
  • Kinesia
    Options
    I bought a new phone (which I'm thinking of invoicing D3Go for, grin) but I still have 2 coalition mates who can't play properly on their iPhone 6s.
  • Quasi
    Quasi Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Do we have any updates on this bug?  I've been lurking here ever since this thread was created 3 months ago.  I finally decided to create an account to voice my frustration with this game. 

This weekend was the worst experience for me yet and I was only able to complete 2 of 25+ attempts in the coalition event due the game crashing, sometimes just after a win and I didn't get credit for it.  I hadn't been able to provide 100% support for my coalition since this bug was introduced and they finally had no choice but to release me in order to keep being competitive in the rankings.

I'm using an iPhone 6, model number: MG3A2CL/A
  • Nazgul
    Nazgul Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Hello, this is my first post (hope not the last).

I know this issue has a lot of time, but now it’s not even playable.
    I’ve just missed the price for the Rakdos event after having more than 15 crashes. It very frustrating that after getting the 60 points I don’t get the card price (crashes are almost sure after the game finishes. Is there a tentative date for a fix?

I just want to know if there is some gain in waiting. I don’t mind if I have to wait some days or weeks without playing, but if there is no hope for the iPhone 6 users, then that’s an easy decision to take.
  • GregDreher
    GregDreher Posts: 100 Tile Toppler
    Options
    For me, the crashing issue eventually cleared, but it is back with a vengeance after the addition of War of the Spark.

i suspect the programmers removed some code that cleared the cache as part of the update, and didn't reactivate it.
  • GregDreher
    GregDreher Posts: 100 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The crashing issue improved over time.  But after 3.6?  It's back.  Now the game often crashes in its first match.

d3go and Oktagon, you should know what the problem is by now.
  • silva23
    silva23 Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I feel like the same as GregDreher, I'm using IOS, 3.5 and Server update resolved a lot, but 3.6 went backward.
    (not as bad as before tho). Almost every match, crash happens. Now the problem is I won the match but not getting the credit due to the app crash, the crash right after I defeated the opponent, totally disappointing :(

Edit1:
    Also my device getting too hot in like 10 mins of game play, much of visual effect is exaggerated and not necessary, IMO.