Game crashes during almost every match [Investigating]

Options
Talahamut
Talahamut Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
Since I updated the game about 30 mins ago, I've had the game crash during 3 out of 4 matches I've attempted to play. I tried rebooting my phone (iPhone 6+)...it didn't help. 

It always used to crash occasionally, but this is now completely unplayable. I can't even get enough wins to finish Rising Tensions...

//Edited Title -Brigby
Tagged:

Comments

• MomirQaViggy
    MomirQaViggy Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Yup. Have you tried submitting this through the in-app ticketing system? I ask because it feels like kind of a waste to cut the outsourced customer service team out of the loop when so much work has gone in to training them to explain to you that erratic crashes are the fault of your phone’s operating system.
  • Skiglass6
    Skiglass6 Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Same here. I have played 5 matches in TG 1-4. 1 win and 4 crashes. 
  • MomirQaViggy
    Options
    I just got 2 wins and 4 crashes in Nodes of Power. The event announcement really should have said “Ends Monday, but placing in the top tier will require you to exhaust as many charges as possible before the update.”
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hi everyone, 

Can you provide more details about this issue, please? 
    Are you connected on a WiFi? 
    What device do you use and you're using Power Save mode?

Thank you! 
  • Talahamut
    Options
    Mine is an iPhone 6+, fully up-to-date iOS.
    The crashes occur while on both WiFi and cell internet connection. I am not on Power save mode. I closed all other apps, rebooted the phone, and also checked my storage to make sure I'm not almost out of space, but the crashes still occur regularly.
  • nerdstrap
    nerdstrap Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2019
    Options
    doing a fresh install usually helps

//Removed Misinformation -Brigby
  • MomirQaViggy
    Options
    Also on an iphone 6. Not using battery saver. Mostly using wifi.
  • Talahamut
    Options
    I just reinstalled the app. I had to make sure all my other apps were closed just to be able to login with Facebook without MTGPQ restarting itself when returning to the game after Facebook approval.
    After that, I did get to play one quick match, but it crashed again during the second match.
    I've had a strong feeling that this game has been getting unplayable with the 1GB of RAM on the iPhone 6, and this is all but confirming it.
  • MomirQaViggy
    Options
    Same. Just reinstalled. Farewell MtGPQ. :(
  • nerdstrap
    nerdstrap Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    use an XS Max currently, but I have an iPhone 6S at home, I will check gameplay after work... Im assuming the worst
  • Talahamut
    Options
    nerdstrap said:
    use an XS Max currently, but I have an iPhone 6S at home, I will check gameplay after work... Im assuming the worst
    6S has 2GB of RAM, so if my theory is correct you may be ok 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    edited March 2019
    Options
    nerdstrap said:
    ...the LPS is checking everything and likely causing memory leaks
    I spoke with the team and they informed me that the Loop Prevention System does not affect the memory process of the game, so the claim that it is causing memory leaks is false.

As for the crashes players are experiencing, the team is already working on trying to reproduce and then investigate this issue.
  • Brigby
    Options
    For the players that are experiencing frequent crashes, would you mind checking to see if enabling Power Save Mode decreases the number of crashes you experience? Thank you!
  • Pirhotek
    Pirhotek Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Before the update, for the last two weeks on my iPhone XS Max, the game was suddenly crashing a lot, several games a day -- where as before it has been rock solid.  Now after the update I cannot even run it as it fails to do the Facebook login saying "feature isn't available right now"
  • Talahamut
    Options
    Brigby said:
    For the players that are experiencing frequent crashes, would you mind checking to see if enabling Power Save Mode decreases the number of crashes you experience? Thank you!
    I just turned on power save mode and tried again. It crashed while attempting to start the first match.
  • Talahamut
    Options
    Second attempt it crashed while in the middle of my first match.
  • reaperuk
    reaperuk Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Since updating the game the games crashed over half the time with only quitting being the only option. 
  • Brigby
    Options
    Pirhotek said:
    Before the update, for the last two weeks on my iPhone XS Max, the game was suddenly crashing a lot, several games a day -- where as before it has been rock solid.  Now after the update I cannot even run it as it fails to do the Facebook login saying "feature isn't available right now"
    When it comes to Facebook, we've heard reports that Facebook itself (and a few other services) are encountering issues with their platforms, so that might not be exclusive to MtGPQ.
    Talahamut said:
    Brigby said:
    I just turned on power save mode and tried again. It crashed while attempting to start the first match.
    Hmm I see. And you use the iPhone 6, correct?
    reaperuk said:
    Since updating the game the games crashed over half the time with only quitting being the only option. 
    What device are you running? In addition, would you please mind turning on Power Save Mode and attempting to play a game? Thank you!
  • Talahamut
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hmm I see. And you use the iPhone 6, correct?
    yes, 6+