Game crashes during almost every match [Investigating]

Options

Comments

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Talahamut said:
    Brigby said:
    Hmm I see. And you use the iPhone 6, correct?
    yes, 6+
    Thank you! I will pass that info along to the team for use in their investigation.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    @Talahamut Were you using the same deck/Planeswalker for those matches that crashed? I spoke with the QA team, and for due diligence, they just want to make sure it isn't related to a card(s) in those decks

If you were in fact using the same deck during those matches, would you mind sending me a private message with the list of cards in that deck? That'd be much appreciated!
  • reaperuk
    reaperuk Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Running a Samsung s8+.
    Using power save mode.
    Game still crashes nearly every game when it comes to selecting a target. Game just freezes. 
  • reaperuk
    reaperuk Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I was using 3 different planeswalkers with 3 totally different decks
  • Talahamut
    Talahamut Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Options
    No, it happened with multiple planeswalkers, at different points in the game too. Pre-match, my turn, opponent's turn.

One other thing...I checked the 3.3 release notes and didn't see this listed but are all the animations supposed to be much much smoother looking now?
  • Talahamut
    Options
    I actually made it through a long match all the way to victory...and it crashed...and didn't count the victory. :(
  • MomirQaViggy
    MomirQaViggy Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Options
    After turning on power save mode, my crash rate went from around 70% to around 30%. But it was down to 15% before the update. (Note: the fact that it was at 15% before the update should, in and of itself, be overwhelmingly sufficient reason to indefinitely postpone any future feature implementation and pay exclusive attention to crash rates. There's nothing the community cares about more, with the possible exception of rolling back the more odious features that get implemented.)

iphone 6.
  • Skiglass6
    Skiglass6 Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Brigby said:
    For the players that are experiencing frequent crashes, would you mind checking to see if enabling Power Save Mode decreases the number of crashes you experience? Thank you!
    I have had Power Save Mode on and card visual aid off since they became available.  Game crashes before during and after 1st match after starting app. I even “refreshed” the ram by holding the home button for 5 seconds while on the shut down screen.

I hope this gets fixed fast. I already had to drop out of my coalition for this weekend’s event because I can’t garuntee  that the the game will allow me to complete a match. Truthfully I should be compensated for this, but I know all about hypothetical rewards. 

Also hope this game will still be able to be played on the iPhone 6 because this game isn’t good enough to buy a new phone.  
  • sjechua
    sjechua Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Options
    iPhone 6 here and game is crashing frequently (after every second match, after every second level up of a Planeswalker). Please fix soon ...
  • Hiportes
    Hiportes Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I am playing on iPad, with current iOS, and am getting 2/3 crashes during the game.  I did submit a ticket, and I will try Power Save mode and disabling card animations and see if it improves.
  • sjechua
    sjechua Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Hiportes said:
    I am playing on iPad, with current iOS, and am getting 2/3 crashes during the game.  I did submit a ticket, and I will try Power Save mode and disabling card animations and see if it improves.
    I am also getting frequent crashes on an iPad 
  • Skiglass6
    Skiglass6 Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Currently can not make a deck without the game crashing. Any news on this?
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    iPhone 6+ here too, crashing 3 out of 4 games, no reason noticeable. Before the update it was crashing about once a day.
    My wife has exactly the same phone and doesn't have the same problem. She does get crashes but usually only when the phone is hot.

One thing is that hers always has better wifi and cell reception than me in the same places. (The crashes happen on both and with and without power saving enabled)
  • Hiportes
    Hiportes Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Power save mode and turning off card animations seems to have no effect.  Still about a 2/3 crash rate.  

When playing on my iPhone 8, I played 8 straight matches with no crash.  Seems to be an issue only on my iPad.  
  • Grixis197
    Grixis197 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Yeah I can’t even play 2 matches without it crashing, event starts tomorrow how do get perfect if that happens cancel the event please.
  • Grixis197
    Grixis197 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I’m on IPad Mini 3 
  • Fiddler
    Fiddler Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    iPad Air 2 is having similar issue with latest update. Wifi connection used. iOS up to date. Frequency every 10-15 matches have a hard crash. Previously maybe every 50 matches or so, and only if I had not rebooted my iPad for a long time.
    I stopped using my iPad and switched to my iPhone 8. No issues there. 
    It's not unexpected for older hardware to have issues with updated versions of apps, but I miss using my iPad!  
  • ggallin
    ggallin Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Hi guys! With previous update ceashes started but with current one game is unplayable. Doesn’t matter which planewalker I use which options I use (i tried all the combinations) game  crashes with no reason. Sometimes it crashes even when i create a temporary event deck! I play on IPhone 5s fully updated. 
  • Talahamut
    Options
    Some more info...
    I turned off Card Assist and turned on Power Saving. I also try to touch the screen as little as necessary. Now I seem to get maybe a match or two in before it crashes during a match.
  • Fiddler
    Fiddler Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2019
    Options
    After reinstalling the app I now get a consistent hard crash after playing a single match.