Mastering cards seems a lot tougher than before

Options
1235»

Comments

• Dropspot
    Dropspot Posts: 200 Tile Toppler
    Options
    @Laeuftbeidir I believe I know what happened to @ZW2007 numbers. I have found that XLN cards are mastering much faster than any other sets. It takes only 2 games in RT to master a XLN common and 5 to master any other common. This apply to other rarities as well.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Dropspot said:
    @Laeuftbeidir I believe I know what happened to @ZW2007 numbers. I have found that XLN cards are mastering much faster than any other sets. It takes only 2 games in RT to master a XLN common and 5 to master any other common. This apply to other rarities as well.

Ouf. That sounds totally weird. I used..cards from BFZ, DOM, AER, GRN  to make sure it's not a standard /legacy thing. But individual sets having different values..how?

Edit :can confirm, although it looks like an ixl common needs around 50xp, not 40? I didn't test it myself but asked someone, i have no card from that set to master anymore. We're now going through all sets.
  • ZW2007-
    ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @ZW2007- nice analyze!

I just tested a couple of not mastered cards in herroic encounters. A common gives 100 experience points (counted, confirmed by another player as well: 16 matches at 6xp and one at 4xp). After the same amount of matches, the uncommon is at 50%, rare at 25% and mythic /mp at around 12.5% (hard to tell yet, but around half of the rare value). I'll go on counting, but not today.

So the actual XP per card are :
    100/200/400/800(not 100% sure about the last, but between 700-900 with 800 making the most sense) 

I wonder how our values differ so much? Could you confirm? Also, that doesn't disprove your point, quite the opposite.
    I made the mistake of only testing in RT which saw a common (prism ring from ORI) and an uncommon (fiery finish from M19) mastered in 2 and 4 games respectively. A coalition mate has pointed out that he suspects cards have different experience bars based on where they are played and has confirmed my numbers for RT. So it seems that mastering a card in RT will only give your player level 40% of the maximum possible xp. Essentially we should all avoid mastering cards in RT (or in general) until this is fixed.

@Tombstone @Brigby
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Options
    Yeah, we're onto something like this as well. I'm seriously confused and concerned right now because normally, there's some kind of system applied, and you can find the issues easily by gathering enough data. Currently, the more Infos I receive the less I understand what's going on.

The right move would now be @brigby to leave a short note that you're aware that "something" might be off and that "someone" will explain it to us once you figured it out - or that everything is working perfectly and will give us all Infos soon.
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Tremayne said:
    Bil said: of
      I tried to master cards in tour of  ravnica ...

I was happy on the first run : each game grants 20 xp per card ... But the second run only grants you 2xp ... 

Xp gains have clearly been nerfed at least for pve events
    Wanted to confirm this, so I added a non-mastered card and had the same experience.

Is this as intended?
      My impression is that when you play a node in which some of the objectives are already validated ... You just get the 2 xp.
       However, if none of the objectives have been fulfiled ... You get the proper 20XP.

When you fulfill an objective in any pve event, it remains "validated" until the end of the event ... But pvp events have their objectives reset on each match ... Which explains why we keep getting the 20XP on pvp events exclusively.

I also tried mastering common cards from origins set RT and TS and there's clearly something wrong with cards XP.
       In both cases i get 20xp per game ... However it seems that the card itself is mastered about 2.5 times faster in RT ...
       It should mean that the same card also grants 2.5 more XP if mastered in TS... what a Nonsense ...

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,624 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In my OP, I asked for a table or similar to better understand the way the system for mastering is supposed to work.

AFAIK nothing like it has been produced yet. Is it forthcoming?

or can someone direct me to the description? It is tiresome to play matches in order to find the amount of XP given in a match.
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 797 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I assume 100 XP for a common, 200 XP for an uncommon, 400 XP for a rare and 800 XP for mythics and masterpieces.
    There would be more information regarding mastering this week, but Brigby let us know that they are gathering all the information and probably coming week more will be revealed.
  • Tremayne
    edited February 2019
    Options
    @Machine - that part seems to be inline with previous updates, but which types of events give how many XP? Rumour has it that some part of the app gives everything from 2-20 (possibly 40) XP, but it is still very unclear if you encounter bugs or not.

I have mistakenly reported an error on TG and think that there was an error in one of the weeks events, but not reported that since no one knows what is wrong or right at this time.

AFAIK the rumoured information from Brigby this week may or may not include this piece of information. I am still on a self imposed ban from levelling up since I can’t figure out what the ramifications are with the new system. 

Luckily I’m not in a position where I can’t level up like others seems to report. But I still choose not to level before the system has been described.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Options
    He actually mentioned what you're asking for.
    Story mode, heroic encounters and not charge based events give a high amount of xp on the first match (20-50, while 20 is pve events), and a low amount on later matches (2-6). Only training grounds gives always 6xp.Charge based events give 20xp per match and card.
  • Tremayne
    Options
    Who mentioned this and where. The system documentation found here

https://d3go.helpshift.com/a/magic-puzzle-quest/?s=gameplay-questions---general&f=player-s-guide-to-the-color-mastery-design&p=all

has not been updated, yet.