FYI - When Kingpin enters (and Loki leaves) Latest Legends

Options

Comments

• STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    140 pulls. 26 5*s. Roughly 19% so pretty darn good.

15 Kingpin covers. 15! Where's that kind of pull rate when it's someone good? 11 of those pulls were for his green! 6 Kitty and 5 Cable covers. Enough to champ both. No 5* BH. :(:(

All I wanted was to cover Kitty, luckily I manged to get her 13th cover on the last batch of pulls. I also manged to champ all the newer 4*s (Domino, Bishop, Uncle Prowler) leaving only Taskmaster and Spider-Ham. Debating on whether to start hoarding again or hope that I can manage a few more Kitty covers.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    52 pulls
    5 kingpin
    3 kitty
    2 cable

champed phoenix with a few jubilee bonus hero covers that got her to 300. traded in 3 saved cable covers and champed him as well.
  • Bobby_McObvious
    Bobby_McObvious Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Two pulls, one Kingpin, back to hoarding. (Sorry, kind of.)
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Started with 101 tokens. After applying champ levels and redeeming any tokens, I probably made about 120 total pulls.

From those I got 21 total 5*s for about a 1:6 ratio with 1 bonus Jessica Jones bringing her to 12 covers.
    10 Kingpins with a decent 4/4/2 spread.
    1 of each Kitty to make her 3/2/3.
    7 Cables, but a horrible assortment of mostly green. He went from1/5/4 to 1/5/5 (+6).

From here I'll probably hoard again for a month then make another push before Kitty leaves.
  • GreenArmadillo
    GreenArmadillo Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Did a bunch of pulls a month ago hoping for Kitty but ended up with 10 Cable, 5 Loki, and only 3 Kitty.  Better luck this month, in only 13 pulls got 2 Cable covers (5/3/4), one Kitty (so at least now I have all three powers) and one Kingpin so at least I have him rostered.  Will keep pulling until Kitty leaves LL and hopefully pick up that last Cable cover along the way so I can re-engage hoard mode.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Started with 95 LTs, no CP. After champ levels, ended with a total of 103 pulls. Got 19 5* covers and 3 5* BH, 4 4* BH, for 110 covers total.

Champed Kitty to Level 454, and level maxed Cable and Kingpin to 2/3/4 Level 390 and 3/2/3 Level 375 respectively. Also champed Bishop to 272.

Only thing I wasn't able to do that I wanted to was champ Prowler. He's 5/3/3 Level 229 with a saved cover. Still pretty happy with the results overall. 
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I started out with 89 tokens and about 2400 cp.  I did 96 pulls.  Got 8 Kitty, 7 Cable, and 3 Kingpin.  2 4* BH (wow, that's low eh?) and no 5* BH (hardly unexpected.)

Finished Kitty,  Cable is at 3/4/4, have 2300 cp left.  So I got a disproportionately low amount of the 5* who is a) kind of eh, and b) going to be in tokens for the longest.  I finished the one who's rotating out.  I'm definitely happy.

I may pull classics, I may keep pulling latest until I get a few more Kingpin (5 sounds good for PVE,) or I may go back to hoarding.  I'll decide over the next few days...

• Spyder
    Spyder Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    For all you people with multiple kingpins........ I hate you.  B)
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think I'll hold off until either (a) there is an event featuring Kingpin, or (b) they announce who's required for the next SHIELD Training, in case that influences who I pick as bonus heroes.
    With the way they use a fixed PRNG sequence for the pulls, it will make zero difference to the non-bonus covers I receive.
  • Lopan15
    Lopan15 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Options
    23 pulls
    1 cable cover....
  • AlexNapalm
    AlexNapalm Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Options
    After 79 pulls (including champ reward CP and LTs), I wound up with 26 5*s pulled.

5 Cable (2/3/1)
    11 Kitty (champed to 458)
    10 Kingpins (4/3/3)

Super enthused about the pull rate and getting Kitty champed. She feels like a beast.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    6 pulls to get my lone Kingpin for essentials. Got a bonus hero (cable) to bring him up to 5/3/1. Kitty still sitting at 4/3/3. Tempted to keep pulling to finish Kitty off but I'm probably better off waiting for a feeder to finish her off.
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Pongie said:
    6 pulls to get my lone Kingpin for essentials. Got a bonus hero (cable) to bring him up to 5/3/1. Kitty still sitting at 4/3/3. Tempted to keep pulling to finish Kitty off but I'm probably better off waiting for a feeder to finish her off.
    Wish they'd get around to bringing that in. Or hell, anounce that she won't get one in the remotely forseeable future (not that they'd ever do that), just to give us some certainty. My 3/3/5 Kitty is sat there looking utterly finishable via a feeder, but if I knew one wasn't going to come then I'd probably pull for the last two covers.
    There are some elements of this game that are just stupid and unnecessarily inconsistent.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jamesh said:
    I think I'll hold off until either (a) there is an event featuring Kingpin, or (b) they announce who's required for the next SHIELD Training, in case that influences who I pick as bonus heroes.
    With the way they use a fixed PRNG sequence for the pulls, it will make zero difference to the non-bonus covers I receive.
    With Cable featured in Meet Rocket & Groot (4-day) starting on Jan 3rd, Kingpin will most likely be featured in an event starting January 7th (Monday) or January 10th (Thursday). If we get a boss event on the 10th (reasonable guess, been a while since we've had one, might be time for a new character release, could be a boss release), it'd push it out a few more days. Post-boss events start on Sundays before the boss fully ends, right? That'd be the 13th.

So at absolute best you've still got less than 2 weeks before he'll be featured. Just in case that influences the decision for you (or anyone else).
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,711 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Goal was to finish Kitty who had one cover.

Didn't have the greatest of luck. Opened 260 LT and by the end had 20 KP and 16 Cable covers before I even had 5 kitty covers. Had to use LT's from bonus rewards and a bit of CP which made 320ish pulls to finish kitty in a flurry at the end.

Not one single BH, was hoping for a BSSM cover or two but got none. Second time from 4 hoard breaks over 300 pulls I've had none.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    jamesh said:
    With Cable featured in Meet Rocket & Groot (4-day) starting on Jan 3rd, Kingpin will most likely be featured in an event starting January 7th (Monday) or January 10th (Thursday). If we get a boss event on the 10th (reasonable guess, been a while since we've had one, might be time for a new character release, could be a boss release), it'd push it out a few more days. Post-boss events start on Sundays before the boss fully ends, right? That'd be the 13th.

So at absolute best you've still got less than 2 weeks before he'll be featured. Just in case that influences the decision for you (or anyone else).
    I gave in and opened my saved tokens -- probably about 90 with the extras I got from applying champ levels (still got about 100 tokens worth of CP to open later).  That got me up to 10+ covers for all the new characters but Prowler, which should be at 10 once I've got the cover from Simulator, so I guess there wasn't any reason to wait.
    My Kitty started at 2 covers and is now a frustrating 2/5/1 (2 from bonus heroes).  Cable started with one cover and is now 1/1/2.  I started with no Kingpin covers and now have him at 2/3/1.  I think I'll leave Kitty as the bonus hero for when I open the rest: accumulating a few saved covers seems acceptable given the state of the others.
  • Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Goal was to roster and champ Kitty.  Started with 180 LT & 1740 CP for 250 pulls.

End results:

Kitty 5/5/3 +3
    Cable 2/3/5 + 5 yellow (that's a total of 10 yellow Cable covers!)
    Kingpin 4/2/4

That's 41 five star covers from 250 pulls or 16.4%. Believe I had one or two 5-star bonus heroes (Kitty).

After all of my 4 star adds, I ended up with another 20 LT & 269 CP, which I'll be saving until Kitty leaves since I don't need any more levels for her. Rewards progression also gave me another six 5-star covers for the rest of my severely under-covered 5-stars.                   
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Zalasta said:
    Goal was to roster and champ Kitty.  Started with 180 LT & 1740 CP for 250 pulls.

End results:

Kitty 5/5/3 +3
    Cable 2/3/5 + 5 yellow (that's a total of 10 yellow Cable covers!)
    Kingpin 4/2/4

That's 41 five star covers from 250 pulls or 16.4%. Believe I had one or two 5-star bonus heroes (Kitty).

After all of my 4 star adds, I ended up with another 20 LT & 269 CP, which I'll be saving until Kitty leaves since I don't need any more levels for her. Rewards progression also gave me another six 5-star covers for the rest of my severely under-covered 5-stars.                   
    solid rolls that really highlights the stats.

We commonly say 300 rolls to have a shot at champe 3 5* in one go.
    at 250 rolls.  op got

16 kitty
    15 cables
    10 kps.

So while he didn't get all 3 champed.  he got all of them in usable and viable shape
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,915 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I had about 250 pulls and broke to finish Kitty (4/4/2). Cable was already maxed plus 3 and Kingpin was a brutal 1/0/4 from his release store that I pulled from to finish Thanos. 

I had Kitty done (would’ve been 5/4/4) around 60 pulls in. But I got greedy (have only myself to blame) and wanted that 5th purple without having to champ, so kept pulling. After 150ish pulls (yeah I know), I have:

Cable (3/5/5 +9)
    Kitty (5/5/3 +3)
    Kingpin (5/2/5 +3)

So I definitely paid a hefty price, but on the plus side I can hoard through these three characters now and start to build a hoard for the next three while collecting iso to bring my fives up further (I have 13 at 330 now, Kitty at 320 so Daredevil tanks yellow, and max Thor still at 255).

Kingpin has options. I can wait for a level 300 feeder or swap (since he sucks I don’t mind waiting). So for all intents and purposes I can consider him done, which I didn’t expect given how lopsided he started. 
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I had 20 LT squirreled away to try and get a Kingpin- I got 7 5 stars out if that , I could not believe my luck - then I used 50 CP to get 2 more boom another 5*

I got 5 Kitty- 2 Kingpin and 1 cable - so lucky

edit: none of them were from a bonus