FYI - When Kingpin enters (and Loki leaves) Latest Legends

Options

Comments

• NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I was really hoping/thinking this would happen at noon EST, but... no such luck.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,494 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tony_Foot said:
    The insanity now of the four star tier that we will open 300 ish tokens and only add a couple of levels to each one, probably 5 to the most frequent one. 

This is a true statement, but for a 5* player it's pretty much all the same - one level is much like another, it's just that the higher level ones get you better rewards.

NotBAMF said:
    I was really hoping/thinking this would happen at noon EST, but... no such luck.

The data push usually happens at 10:30ish EST. If it doesn't happen then, anything else is just arbitrary. They have done afternoon data pushes before when the occasion warranted it.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,327 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Official word is a data push is coming this afternoon, via Discord.  No word on what said data push contains.

There may be a lot of data to push....
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,179 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Maybe they can push the January sneak peak info too... (#jokes)
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    Official word is a data push is coming this afternoon, via Discord.  No word on what said data push contains.  There may be a lot of data to push....
    It must take extra bytes to draw Kingpin's giant body. 
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    Official word is a data push is coming this afternoon, via Discord.  No word on what said data push contains.

There may be a lot of data to push....
    Really?  Once again, "official" word coming from discord, not the forum?  I'd say i was shocked or disappointed, but honestly, I'm neither at this point.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,327 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I’m not sure how official a comment on Discord is....about a process that they barely acknowledge, let alone comment on at all.  Nor do they say when it’s happening beyond “2 weeks after the store closes”.  Why is a date so hard here?
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Are they hoping that people blow hoard for Cable before his pve starts?

Can we please get rid of Loki already......
  • Treras
    Treras Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Stellar communication on this subject. Almost a case study of what not to do in order to keep a player base engaged. Kudos
  • Steve111
    Steve111 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Makes me think they don’t care about their own product
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Apparently improving their communication wasn't a New Year Resolution.
    What a surprise.

Seriously, after 5 year you suddenly expect timely communication from Demiurge on the official forum for their game?

But I'm sure someone will be along in a minute to white knight the devs again.
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 721 Critical Contributor
    Options

Maybe it's a bit like the DST time changes.  They're not very good at planning around those and seem to be surprised every year.  No-one actually reminded them that it was going to be 2019 yesterday so it kind of sneaked up on them. 

Understandable I guess... we should get better at reminding them, so it's really all our fault!

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone. That's correct. Due to the holiday break, Kingpin (Spider-Verse) will be entering Latest Legends Tokens in today's data patch.
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. That's correct. Due to the holiday break, Kingpin (Spider-Verse) will be entering Latest Legends Tokens in today's data patch.
    Sigh.
    "Today's data patch" was 5 hours ago.
    You mean "today's second data patch".
  • ABaker84
    ABaker84 Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Thanks @Brigby! Sorry you gotta deal with all the negative posts

In my line chat with my alliance mates, I mentioned some posts being ruthless, that autocorrected to toothless, lol. "Man, some people can be toothless" LoL
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ABaker84 said:
    Brigby said:
    Thanks @Brigby! Sorry you gotta deal with all the negative posts

In my line chat with my alliance mates, I mentioned some posts being ruthless, that autocorrected to toothless, lol. "Man, some people can be toothless" LoL
    I personally don't feel the posts have been ruthless at all.  Communication is definitely one of (many) traits lacking from D3.  This is not a new issue and one which they have really shown no interest in fixing despite having many years to do so.

People on this post are expressing displeasure (yet again) at the lack of information both in general and in this forum.  I don't think it is anywhere close to ruthless.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm pretty sure that D3 is based in the US West. You realize that if someone's work day there starts at 8am (as an example), that is already a half hour after the normal data push time, right?

I certainly would like if we got announcement posts before finding things in-game (*cough* Supports/Vaults) but I am going to cut Brigby some slack on his first day back.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,179 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The website says they're in Encino, California
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    ZeiramMR said:
    I'm pretty sure that D3 is based in the US West. You realize that if someone's work day there starts at 8am (as an example), that is already a half hour after the normal data push time, right?

I certainly would like if we got announcement posts before finding things in-game (*cough* Supports/Vaults) but I am going to cut Brigby some slack on his first day back.
    Demiurge, the developers, the ones doing data pushes, are in Boston.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 992 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My favorite (and some will say apropos) thing about the demiurge home page is the main splash links to this story:

24 Oct 2013
    It’s been three weeks since Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign hit the App and Google Play Stores...

So if they haven't updated their own website in over 5 years, maybe, just maybe we shouldn't complain when a data push is a day or two behind. By these standards, it's still light speed!