FYI - When Kingpin enters (and Loki leaves) Latest Legends

Options

Comments

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OJSP said:
    Does his passive yellow hit harder at champ levels? Because he doesn't feel like a great minion buster for a 5* roster so far and looking at 5 yellows at level 390 doesn't inspire me with confidence.
    Yes, it hits harder at champ levels. Due to RNG, Strange is my highest leveled 5*. So, I have learnt how to play around with him for more than a year.

On his own, he’s probably not hitting hard enough, but I have others who could provide more damage output. He’s still very useful against Maggia goons who spam CD tiles and Mindless Ones. I’m sure there are other faster teams out there and lighter on health packs, but Strange and Thanos has won me thousands of matches. BB, Strange and Okoye are also quite good together.
    I run Thor/Okoye/Strange or Thor/JJ/Strange all the time - they're both great teams against goons.  You just play mindlessly for a bit and the passive damage just destroys everything.
  • GrimSkald
    Options
    OJSP said:
    GrimSkald said:
    I run Thor/Okoye/Strange or Thor/JJ/Strange all the time - they're both great teams against goons.  You just play mindlessly for a bit and the passive damage just destroys everything.
    I like them too, I guess I’ll have to experiment a bit more next year to find out which team is faster.

It probably depends on how tough your opponents are.  Okoye makes a real difference against opponents with a lot of hit points, but if you're killing them with a single power or two you're better off with someone else.
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    And that would be one spot where the difference between 3* and 5* Strange is important - when you're using him with Thor you don't want the healing power, because it can easily take Thor back above 50%. I tried the 3* version and quickly gave up due to that, and my 2/4/1 5* variant isn't strong enough to really be an option.
  • GrimSkald
    Options

Back on subject, I want to retread something here.  The tokens are updated on the daily data push.  This data push happens every day they're in the office (so not on Saturday and Sunday) at about 10:30 EST.  You've seen these before if you play the game at that time - you get the loading screen again and it loads from near 0%. 

Speaking for myself, I get the loading screen all the time when the game decides it didn't like that I switched away from it on my phone - but these other times it loads from around 60%.  This changed a year or two ago, I don't know if that's unique to my game OS or not.

Anyway, the upshot of this explanation is that I don't think I've seen the data push since they left the office a week ago.  I'm not 100% because of the above, but I really don't recall seeing the load from 0%.

This means that it's very possible we won't see Kingpin in tokens until they come back to the office on 1/2.

• Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Mine will load from 60% as well sometimes, glad to see it isnt just me
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I honestly don’t know if Demiurge, the developers who are responsible for the token update process, are in at all before 1/2.  They may not follow the publishers’ schedule since they are different companies. 

D3go is out....that’s what we know. Maybe Kingpin enters Monday, maybe Wednesday.  I suppose we’ll see.

Loki is a tricky one, always trying to find a way to fool you.  Is he gone yet, or is it an illusion?  Be careful!
  • GrimSkald
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    I honestly don’t know if Demiurge, the developers who are responsible for the token update process, are in at all before 1/2.  They may not follow the publishers’ schedule since they are different companies. 

D3go is out....that’s what we know. Maybe Kingpin enters Monday, maybe Wednesday.  I suppose we’ll see.

Loki is a tricky one, always trying to find a way to fool you.  Is he gone yet, or is it an illusion?  Be careful!

I think at this point we can assume that Tuesday is out of the question - considering we haven't seen a data push in a while I strongly suspect it's going to be Wednesday.

Tinykitty you, Loki, for being so tricksy!

• uberhamster
    uberhamster Posts: 96 Match Maker
    Options
    Monday please please please 🙏
  • GrimSkald
    Options
    Monday please please please 🙏

Very, very unlikely, I'd say.  They're out of the office and not doing data pushes, and the store closed 12 hours late anyway.  On the FB group someone said that they heard on Discord Wednesday was going to be the update - that's what I'd count on.
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I really, really wish they would just announce these things ahead of time:

"Our newest Legendary villian is representing the Spider-verse - Kingpin! Get the 5* criminal mastermind debuting in his exclusive vault from xx/xx-yy/yy and then taking his throne in Latest Legends on zz/zz!*

* Release schedule dates subject to change. But don't worry, loyal MPQ fans; we'll tell you if anything comes up!"
  • bluewolf
    Options
    In case anyone is still harboring hope, it’s  not happening today.
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    saw the Disord post "going to be a little later than usual with the extended Holiday" So maybe Wednesday?
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Looks like it is going to be Wed as it is way past the time for the daily patch
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Data push came and went and Kingpin is still not in Latest Legends. Maybe when the Family Legends store closes...
  • GrimSkald
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    Data push came and went and Kingpin is still not in Latest Legends. Maybe when the Family Legends store closes...

Then they'll have to do another data push - that's how they change the tokens.  This is weird, possibly there are issues with it.
  • bluewolf
    Options
    Or they are all catching up after being out for a week or so.  And trying to figure out why the game crashed 3 times in one day yesterday.  
  • GrimSkald
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    Or they are all catching up after being out for a week or so.  And trying to figure out why the game crashed 3 times in one day yesterday.  

That's very likely. It may happen later today on another data push, or else tomorrow.
  • GrimSkald
    Options
    Nah Kingpin’s just too fat to fit into the Latests store.

And Loki is just waaaay to tricky. :)
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,711 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The insanity now of the four star tier that we will open 300 ish tokens and only add a couple of levels to each one, probably 5 to the most frequent one.