Bishop (Classic) (11/13/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited November 2018 in MPQ Character Discussion
Hi Everyone,

"Lucas Bishop is a man lost in time. Hailing from a future where mutants are persecuted, Bishop has found a home with the X-Men of the past. As a member of their team he uses his mutant power to redirect energy to protect the innocent, but he never forgets his true goal: he must save the future from the horrible things he's seen."

Check out the brand new 4-Star Bishop, and find out how you can recruit him onto your roster!

4-Star Rarity (Legendary)
Heroes, X-Men
 bluetilepng yellowtilepng  

(Abilities listed at level 270, Power Level 5)
Overclocked -  Passive
Bishop absorbs his enemy's attacks, storing them up for an explosive blast. If Bishop's teammates would take 902 or more damage, Bishop jumps to the front. Once Bishop has taken 1804 damage, deal 3788 damage to the enemy.

General Reserves - bluetilepng Passive
With every injury, Bishop grows stronger. If Bishop takes 451 or more damage, gain 5 Blue AP. If Bishop has 10 or more Blue AP, this power becomes Energy Conversion.

Energy Conversion - 10 bluetilepng AP
Bishop focuses the energy he's stored into a powerful blow, disabling his enemy. Bishop stuns the enemy for 4 turns and destroys 6 AP in their strongest color.

(Passive) If Bishop has less than 10 Blue AP, this power becomes General Reserves.

For the Future - 10 yellowtilepng AP
Destruction must be prevented! Bishop fights to protect his people, making great sacrifices along the way. Bishop converts 3 enemy Special Tiles to strength 90 friendly Protect tiles.

(Passive) If there are 2 friendly Protect tiles on the board at the start of Bishop's turn, remove them and gain 3 Blue AP.

Full character details HERE!

Recruit Bishop!

S.H.I.E.L.D. Training - Heroes for Hire
  • Starts: 11/15/18, 7:00am EDT
  • Ends: 11/22/18, 7:00am EDT
  • Price: 7000 Hero Points
  • Contents: 
    • Blade (Modern) Red Cover
    • Venom (Agent Venom) Red Cover
    • 16 Elite Tokens
    • 6 Command Points
    • 20,000 Iso-8
Bishop & Friends - Vault
  • Starts: 11/18/18, 8:00am EDT
  • Ends: 11/24/18, 2:00am EDT
  • 80 Items: 
    • 1x Legendary Token
    • 3x Beginner Support Tokens
    • 1x Random Bishop (Classic) Cover
    • 2x Random 4-Stars from the Call for Backup missions (Option of following characters)
      • Emma Frost (Astonishing X-Men)
      • Blade (Modern)
      • Venom (Agent Venom)
    • 21x 3-Stars
      • 3x Featured
      • 18x Random
    • 52x 2-Stars
      • 10x Featured
      • 42x Random

Event Schedule

Thick as Thieves - Story Event
  • Ends: 11/20/18, 2:00am EDT
  • Bishop (Classic) in Placement Rewards
S.H.I.E.L.D. Training - Character Release Event
  • Ends: 11/22/18, 7:00am EDT
  • Rewards tokens to Honor Among Thieves, random cover of Bishop (Classic), and more
Honor Among Thieves - Story Event
  • Starts: 11/19/18, 7:00am EDT
  • Ends: 11/23/18, 2:00am EDT
  • Bishop (Classic) as a Progression Reward
  • Rewards tokens to the Bishop & Friends vault
Checkmate - Versus Tournament feat. Bishop
  • Starts: 11/18/18, 8:00am EDT
  • Ends: 11/21/18, 3:00pm EDT
  • Bishop (Classic) as a Progression Reward
  • Rewards tokens to the Bishop & Friends vault

Comments

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    It really makes you thing about how large Marvel's roster of characters is when you realize you've been playing this game for years but still think FINALLY when someone gets added to the game. Glad to see Bishop on board, he's one of my childhood favorites. Always thought energy absorption/projection was a cool power, and it's fun to see that implemented into an MPQ moveset.

Also: Emma in Shield Training will probably be a bummer for some, but the fact that she's still such a new character has been slightly mitigated by beating us over the head with featuring her so often, so that's a nice thing, at least. Better than last release requiring Dazzler. I like the slow cycle of older characters (Agent Venom and Blade, right "on time", hoping to see Medusa/Carol next so we can keep on rolling through them), and it'd be nice to go back and get some of the "newer" characters that have been skipped with the erratic pattern, like Black Panther, Valkyrie, Jubilee, Black Widow, Wiccan, Ghost. It's weird that we had a straight run of Rogue->Kraven, then went back a little bit to slightly older characters (a run of Vulture->Nightcrawler), then started jumping around like the powers-that-be forgot there was a pattern/schedule. If you're going to feature one generally "new" character and two "old" characters, spread it out and give some fair treatment. Instead of featuring someone (EMMA FROST) a second time.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Hot take: Is this the first new blue battery since 2* Magneto?  I want to team him up with Mr. Fantastic for all the stuns.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hot take: Is this the first new blue battery since 2* Magneto?  I want to team him up with Mr. Fantastic for all the stuns.
    Vulture, IM40...
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    And it's not like they didn't at least give us one more chance for a few more covers for Emma via placement in the current event, and at least one for progression in the next, as well as in a new vault. I hope it isn't a blind vault, though. I hate blind vaults.

I guess I'm going to put my ISO into Blade to get him to at least 209, especially from climbing in PVP events with the 10 extra health packs Deadpool's Daily gave me this morning. 
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Man he is gonna be a pain to fight. If you have 5* you better one shot kill him.  You can’t even make a match against a 270 without him getting AP back for his blue passive and then you will have to deal with his red passive. 
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    looks cool in 5* land with okoye
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    please tell me emma frost is a mistake.
    she was needed just two training sessions ago, and I didn't have her then and don't have her now.

eh whatever, even if it is a mistake odds are you meant to put Domino since you clearly don't care about giving anyone but whales a shot at shield training anymore.

I miss the small window there was where the newest character in the training was like 8 releases ago.
    I will cherish those days, and remember to expect nothing, so I'm not quite as disappointed.
  • Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Seems like a cool character, when playing against powerful enemies you'll have all the blue you'd wish for.

On a different note, I was going to level Emma Frost to 209, so I couldn't accidentally spend it on someone else...
    But seeing how last Shield Training one of the required characters got switched out after a few hours, I'll wait it out till I see it in game. 😂 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    For the red/blue passives does Bishop have to take all that damage up front?  It sounds like with red it can accumulate over several moves/turns (like Vakyrie's bounty or Apocalypse's horseman) but for blue it has to be in one shot like Valkyrie's yellow or 3* Marvel's passive).
  • Steel_Colt
    For the red/blue passives does Bishop have to take all that damage up front?  It sounds like with red it can accumulate over several moves/turns (like Vakyrie's bounty or Apocalypse's horseman) but for blue it has to be in one shot like Valkyrie's yellow or 3* Marvel's passive).
    That's how I read it. Red takes two "jumping-in-fronties" to pull off the damage part. The only thing unclear is if three times taking 600 damage straight up also triggers it. Does it only trigger on the jumps or does it trigger on direct damage as well?

On yet another different note... There aren't that many 5*s that can effectively turn all that blue AP to big pain, or are there?
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Will the overclocked passives bounce back?  You do damage to the opposing teams team mate.  Bishop takes damage, and sends his damage back.  Your bishop intervenes and sends damage back to the opposing bishop who is now in front and he gains 5 blue AP from General reserves?   
  • leoperez90
    leoperez90 Posts: 66 Match Maker
    not we are finally getting him! 

and about emma they have been giving us a bunch of ch\ances of getting more covers for her. 
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,650 Chairperson of the Boards
    That's how I read it. Red takes two "jumping-in-fronties" to pull off the damage part. The only thing unclear is if three times taking 600 damage straight up also triggers it. Does it only trigger on the jumps or does it trigger on direct damage as well?

On yet another different note... There aren't that many 5*s that can effectively turn all that blue AP to big pain, or are there?
    Nope hawkeye does not want more blue no way. 
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker

4 turn stun + AP denial from bishop himself seems resonable enough for blue AP spender. No need for 5* eqivalent (though we have strange with similar effect but also with damage)
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    edited November 2018
    *Added Bishop's Character Details page to post
    Bishop's Red ability, Overclocked, has a counter that tracks how much damage Bishop has received. As for his Blue, General Reserves, the damage must be dealt in one single attack, in order for it to trigger.
    Will the overclocked passives bounce back?  You do damage to the opposing teams team mate.  Bishop takes damage, and sends his damage back.  Your bishop intervenes and sends damage back to the opposing bishop who is now in front and he gains 5 blue AP from General reserves?   
    Correction: Bishop's Passive does trigger the enemy Bishop's Passive, and vice versa. 
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Blade and Agent Venom have been champed for ages, and I’ve just put about 130k iso into Emma to get her to 209, so I’m ready 😀
  • Steel_Colt
    tiomono said:

Nope hawkeye does not want more blue no way. 
    Lukoil said:

4 turn stun + AP denial from bishop himself seems resonable enough for blue AP spender. No need for 5* eqivalent (though we have strange with similar effect but also with damage)
    Ok, in 5* land there's Hawkeye and Strange... I wouldn't call that "many 5*s", but that's up for debate I guess.
    The 4 turn stun and AP denial if you choose to have Bishop use it himself isn't a bad way to go, I'll admit that. Blue never was a power-colour known for big damage, with a few exceptions of course, so no blue nukes in 5* land makes sense I guess. :)
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    I assume the damage required for the Red and Blue passives is AFTER the incoming damage is weakened by the shields from his Yellow?
    In this case aren't the shields (even if they are short-lived) hindering you?