1235»

Comments

• jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    tiomono said:
    broll said:

This the 2nd worst example of how bad their management of the game is.  I'll give you 1 guess what the 1st is...
    My guess is not putting supports into pvp yet.....
    Not releasing more Supports!
    Not switching to the mobile UI for all screens in the desktop version yet?
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I don't know if she is THE WORST:
    Bucky
    Flaptain
    Emma
    Flap at least has a nuke and a cool buff support thing, bucky has slow countdowns but they can deal a lot of damage....

Actually, she is just the worst

I had the iso and 11 covers to get her up to training level and chose to champ Jubilee instead. 
    She really is that bad. Playstyle be kitty'd- even for slow support/ build the board type of play she is bad at what she does. Comparatively and objectively bad. 

and she is such a well rounded character from the source material, powerful and the leader of the X-Men!!! It is a travesty how they built her.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    purplemur said:
    I don't know if she is THE WORST:
    Bucky
    Flaptain
    Emma
    Flap at least has a nuke and a cool buff support thing, bucky has slow countdowns but they can deal a lot of damage....

Actually, she is just the worst

I had the iso and 11 covers to get her up to training level and chose to champ Jubilee instead. 
    She really is that bad. Playstyle be kitty'd- even for slow support/ build the board type of play she is bad at what she does. Comparatively and objectively bad. 

and she is such a well rounded character from the source material, powerful and the leader of the X-Men!!! It is a travesty how they built her.

Winter Soldier is good.
    He just needs a lot of champ levels (and his weekly buff) to show his potential.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Emma's got the same problem as Flaptain in that you need a ton of ISO to get her going.

Only Emma's problem is she needs even more. You need the ISO to fire off her yellow and purple and then the ISO to fire the black to fortify them and then just turtle up. She's slow solo and in a group there are others who'd use that AP to win the fight already.
  • jamesh
    Options
    And even once you've collected the AP, there's no guarantee that the repeaters will last long enough to justify their cost.
    Cable's yellow passive can help a bit here, ideally you shouldn't need someone from a higher tier to make you effective.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    you guys will never guess who my other two 4* covers are in the bishop vault!! if you were thinking emma frost and emma frost you'd be correct.

c'mon d3, what is going on here? starting to get more than just annoying.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It'd be great that out of the 70+ 4* in the game, we wouldn't have to use the same character multiple times.

Especially if that particular character wasn't both new and ****.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 581 Critical Contributor
    Options
    jredd said:
    you guys will never guess who my other two 4* covers are in the bishop vault!! if you were thinking emma frost and emma frost you'd be correct.

I have 2x Emma covers in the vault too... (But im not likely to get any of them anyway so no worries here)
  • jamesh
    Options
    jredd said:

They said the cover selection was random, so you'd expect about one in every nine people to get two Emma Frost covers (and one in three to have two covers of the same character).  So it isn't that unlikely.
  • jredd
    Options
    jamesh said:
    jredd said:

They said the cover selection was random, so you'd expect about one in every nine people to get two Emma Frost covers (and one in three to have two covers of the same character).  So it isn't that unlikely.
    based the amount of times that she's been featured it doesn't seem random at all.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,112 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jamesh said:
    jredd said:

Have the characters in the new release vaults always been the ones that are in the Shield Training (well, since Shield Training was a thing?)?  I've got Blade and Agent Venom as my other four stars, but I didn't make the connection until I saw your one-in-nine odds...and was wondering why there were only three characters to choose from.
  • jamesh
    Options
    jredd said:
    jamesh said:
    jredd said:

based the amount of times that she's been featured it doesn't seem random at all.
    From the Bishop character release thread:
    Bishop & Friends - Vault
    • 80 Items: 
      • 1x Random Bishop (Classic) Cover
      • 2x Random 4-Stars from the Call for Backup missions (Option of following characters)
        • Emma Frost (Astonishing X-Men)
        • Blade (Modern)
        • Venom (Agent Venom)
    So the two non-Bishop 4* characters in the vault are randomly selected from a pool of three characters.  That gives 1:9 odds that you'll have two Emma Frost covers in your vault.
    I agree that if it was a randomly picked from all available 4* covers, you would be extremely unlucky to see two Emma covers.  But that's not what's happening here.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jamesh said:
    jredd said:

Have the characters in the new release vaults always been the ones that are in the Shield Training (well, since Shield Training was a thing?)?  I've got Blade and Agent Venom as my other four stars, but I didn't make the connection until I saw your one-in-nine odds...and was wondering why there were only three characters to choose from.
    Yes they have. I was quite pleased to see a Rogue cover in my Nightcrawler and Friends vault over a year ago.
  • SymmeTrey
    SymmeTrey Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I see what they were going for in this new "3 newest 4* Essentials then 2 Classics" rotation. It makes perfect sense on paper. But, in practice, it just isn't that fun.

We end up using the new, underleveled, undercovered 4*'s over and over and it just kinda makes me not like the characters. Meanwhile, the stable of other Classic 4's that most of us have on the bench just sit there and collect dust.

This was probably worth a try, but, I think there has to be a better solution.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I haven't decided how I feel about these super flat odds yet; it feels like there is a piece missing to really make it a viable thing. As I previously mentioned multi-feeding 5*s would be good, but it would also be nice if the Heroic Token 4* odds were tweaked to match the way getting 3*s out of standard tokens worked, ensuring a bonus hero should you draw a 4*. I find that I get bonus 4*s from the PVP event tokens at a decent rate
  • jredd
    Options
    jamesh said:
    jredd said:
    jamesh said:
    jredd said:

From the Bishop character release thread:
    Bishop & Friends - Vault
    • 80 Items: 
      • 1x Random Bishop (Classic) Cover
      • 2x Random 4-Stars from the Call for Backup missions (Option of following characters)
        • Emma Frost (Astonishing X-Men)
        • Blade (Modern)
        • Venom (Agent Venom)
    So the two non-Bishop 4* characters in the vault are randomly selected from a pool of three characters.  That gives 1:9 odds that you'll have two Emma Frost covers in your vault.
    I agree that if it was a randomly picked from all available 4* covers, you would be extremely unlucky to see two Emma covers.  But that's not what's happening here.
    still sucks and i hate it.