emma frost, again...

Options

Comments

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    I find Dazzler is pretty fun as a Story Mode essential (and that is pretty much any time I would play a new fourstar). Her green AoE means she can clear out the loaner node pretty Quick, and that's where it makes the most difference for me. It was extra fun when she was paired with Mohawk Storm and later Rocket and Groot to boost the damage...
    Yeah for essentials on my end grind I usually set aside a certain amount of time just for the loaner node in case I get into a really bad match that ends up taking too long. The last time she was an essential I got like three straight fairly green boards. Collected 7 green, downed everyone. Then I looked at the time and was like "Well, looks like I have some extra time to make a snack before I start on the other nodes." 
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have a lot of confusion when it comes to good and bad 4 stars,

The Devs have to know how terrible some are but i've always wondered what capacity they expect us to use them and what there intentions to why they are the way they are.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In the "sneak peak" thread we discussed this, so I went back and looked at all the featured 4*s since August.  You can see my breakdown here.
    I strongly suspect that they're doing a similar rotation to the 5* featured - each new 4* will be more heavily featured (not sure the exact pattern) until they get to 3 times, then go to normal.  It looks like Emma is getting at least one extra.  IMO this is due to one of two things:
    Taskmaster messed up the featured list
    Emma is going to feed Kitty
    I guess we'll see if it's the latter today or tomorrow...
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    GrimSkald said:
    In the "sneak peak" thread we discussed this, so I went back and looked at all the featured 4*s since August.  You can see my breakdown here.
    I strongly suspect that they're doing a similar rotation to the 5* featured - each new 4* will be more heavily featured (not sure the exact pattern) until they get to 3 times, then go to normal.  It looks like Emma is getting at least one extra.  IMO this is due to one of two things:
    Taskmaster messed up the featured list
    Emma is going to feed Kitty
    I guess we'll see if it's the latter today or tomorrow...
    In every other game stuff like that would be clearly communicated by the dev team.
    I'm MPQ? Radio silence.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I have a lot of confusion when it comes to good and bad 4 stars,

The Devs have to know how terrible some are but i've always wondered what capacity they expect us to use them and what there intentions to why they are the way they are.
    Whether somebody is good or bad is probably more subjective than most of us account for. Some characters are just better at PVP than others, or PVE, or Wave Nodes, or some other niche specialty. There are certainly characters who are good at all the things to a commanding degree, but they can't all be that. Some of the truly good ones can slot in with very high-leveled 4*s or 5*s as baby champs, others can't, but are probably loads of fun if you have them properly leveled. Here I'm thinking of Wiccan, or somebody else who needs to be tanking colors ( I guess Frost as well) which is tough for them to do if they're 30+ levels below the rest of the team. But if they do tank those colors, they work pretty well. I do think Frost could benefit from her repeaters actually doing something within a turn of getting put down if not right away, but she does really well on wave nodes when they have time to go to work.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2018
    Options
    sinnerjfl said:
    Dazzler...   lets look at her numbers...  hmmm, no, that is just terrible.

This is getting a bit off topic I think, but also worth noting; Dazzler's green has better damage per AP than any other 4* team damage power except Vulture's.

The numbers are low because it only costs 7. Due to the low cost it also interacts better with cost reductions and strike tiles than those other powers.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    sinnerjfl said:
    Dazzler...   lets look at her numbers...  hmmm, no, that is just terrible.

This is getting a bit off topic I think, but also worth noting; Dazzler's green has better damage per AP than any other 4* team damage power except Vulture's.

The numbers are low because it only costs 7. Due to the low cost it also interacts better with cost reductions and strike tiles than those other powers.
    If you have 10 specials (lets be real here, this probably will not happen often), it tops out at... 4781 for 7 AP.
    I'm not impressed.

Ill stick to Vulture/Rulk, even KK (who's a 3* btw) because they dont have a silly condition attached to their ability.

Besides putting Dazzler with Okoye and spamming green, I don't see how she is even decent.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    sinnerjfl said:
    If you have 10 specials (lets be real here, this probably will not happen often), it tops out at... 4781 for 7 AP.
    I'm not impressed.

Ill stick to Vulture/Rulk, even KK (who's a 3* btw) because they dont have a silly condition attached to their ability.

Besides putting Dazzler with Okoye and spamming green, I don't see how she is even decent.
    Both Vulture and RHulk do have conditions attached to their ability, by the way. And RHulk is an interesting comparison because his condition is... more AP, a condition under which EVERYONE does better damage, and especially those with cheap powers.

Between Gamora, R&G, Cloak and Dagger, Yondu, Medusa, Blade, Luke Cage, Black Panther... it's just not that hard to get a bunch of friendly specials on the board. Heck, even professor X, Ghost Rider, Nova, or Carnage.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I must defend Dazzler here. When combined with 4*Grocket, she neutralizes the current 4* meta, and that fact alone makes her great. But unlike Kraven, she also has some serious damage potential. Grocket already contributes to her green AOE, so firing red and green should give you max damage, which trumps Rhulk's AOE. If she had an AP battery, then she could end matches pretty fast. Half-Thor, Vulture, IM40 could work, but that's more of a shield sim team. On defense, it would be easy to beat, but the point is that Dazzler is very useful. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    It's a shame Kraven's black is capped at 3/3...and that he can't make his own enemy special tiles to work on...and that his anti-4ocket ability doesn't go to work on turn 1 so you have to eat at least one match right in the face. Other than that, he's great.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bbigler said:
    I must defend Dazzler here. When combined with 4*Grocket, she neutralizes the current 4* meta, and that fact alone makes her great. But unlike Kraven, she also has some serious damage potential. Grocket already contributes to her green AOE, so firing red and green should give you max damage, which trumps Rhulk's AOE. If she had an AP battery, then she could end matches pretty fast. Half-Thor, Vulture, IM40 could work, but that's more of a shield sim team. On defense, it would be easy to beat, but the point is that Dazzler is very useful. 
    Agreed.  I used her to Top 5 a PVE as my main damage dealer when she was boosted (I think it was Domino's release).

It's a shame Kraven's black is capped at 3/3...and that he can't make his own enemy special tiles to work on...and that his anti-4ocket ability doesn't go to work on turn 1 so you have to eat at least one match right in the face. Other than that, he's great.
    The cool thing is his syndicate brothers Carnage and Venom do make tiles for the opponent.  Nice synergy from the Sinister Three.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    I don't have Carnage and Venom champed yet, but I only partially joke about Kraven. I quite like using him, I just wish he had a couple minor tweaks to get over a little more. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't have Carnage and Venom champed yet, but I only partially joke about Kraven. I quite like using him, I just wish he had a couple minor tweaks to get over a little more. 
    I'm disappointed they didn't have a Kraven PvP for the release of the Freddie Mercury film.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    hey, look who the featured 4* is for thick as thieves... this is getting stupid. 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jredd said:
    hey, look who the featured 4* is for thick as thieves... this is getting stupid. 
    Who did you expect after she was the reward in red ISO?

Now if she's the prize AGAIN in the NEXT PVE this is getting stupid, yes.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    emma again. 
    you guys tripping or just plain greedy?

what a troll. 
  • pfarewell
    pfarewell Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Options
    Just give us the feeder announcement already. Please 
  • jredd
    Options
    yes! emma frost!

you guys knew it was emma frost right?  i'm totally using her. 
  • jredd
    edited November 2018
    Options
    jredd said:
    yes! emma frost!

you guys knew it was emma frost right?  i'm totally using her. 
    she's also a required character in shield training, again. how fortunate we are. this is the awesomest week in mpq history!

EMMA FROST!
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pfarewell said:
    Just give us the feeder announcement already. Please 

As if. If they had meant Emma to be a feeder for Kitty (or whoever), they would have done it several cycles ago when people had less covers for her.